B visa valid after L1B or H1B expiration?

GRE

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have been looking for an answer to this in older posts but can't find an answer to the exact q.

I got my L1B visa stamp in Dec 2005. I already had a B visa approved for 10 years and I had traveled on it. This visa expires in 2013. Since the L1B is 5yrs max (I was given 3yrs and I expect to renew then), could I use my B visa upon expiration of my L1B? If yes, I guess to activate the B again I will then have to travel out and back in the States. Is that correct? Any other precautions or advice? Is it safe to asume that the same could be done if I apply for a H1B with another company later?

Thanks!
GRE :eek:

GRE said:
could I use my B visa upon expiration of my L1B? If yes, I guess to activate the B again I will then have to travel out and back in the States. Is that correct?
yes.
Is it safe to asume that the same could be done if I apply for a H1B with another company later?
Explain more clearly.

Explain more clearly.

OK. Here's more clearly; if I later transferred to another employer with a new H1B, and that visa expired, theoretically would it be ok to continue to live on a valid B on my passport, like it's the case with an expiration of L you agreed with above?

Many thanks for reading and responding so in-point, GotPR. :)

GRE

GRE said:
OK. Here's more clearly; if I later transferred to another employer with a new H1B, and that visa expired, theoretically would it be ok to continue to live on a valid B on my passport, like it's the case with an expiration of L you agreed with above?
If you reenter the US with valid B visa or change status to B after H1 expiration, you can stay on B status.