B visa for job interview

talk12is

Friends:

A company has invited me to the US for second round of interviews for a full time position with them.

Question 1) Should I apply in B1 category or would B2 be the right category?

The company I am interviewing with is a growing company with offices in a few cities but is not necessarily a well known name.

Question 2) What documents should the company provide me to support my visa application? From what I understand, an invitation letter is a bare minimum. Are there any additional documents that might be needed/useful?

Question 3) What information should the company include in the invitation letter?

Some background for my next question: I used to work in the US for the past 4-5 years after finishing my Masters from a top b-school in Cambridge, MA. This January, I came to India for a short trip but got stuck due to 221(g) for my H-1B visa application. My company transferred me to their India office after the 221(g) but has failed to provide me the documents requested in 221(g) notice for the past 5 months. Therefore, I am looking to find a job with another company in the US. My intention is to visit USA to interview with this company that is inviting me over, get a job offer if possible, come back to India, get the company to file a petition with USCIS for transferring my H-1B, and apply for a fresh H-1B visa with the new approved petition.

Question 4) Given the above, the visa officer would know that I currently have an H-1B visa application under 221(g). What are some potential concerns that he might have when I apply for the Visitor visa (assuming that B2 is the right category)? Any tips on how I could assuage those concerns?

Question 5) What additional documents/information should I carry given the transfer to India office after 221(g)?

Any other tips/thoughts based on my case are absolutely welcome.

Thanks for your time.

Cheers!

A1: B1/B2 are inter changeable. No worry here.
A2: A document from the potential employer clearly stating that it is inviting you for an interview only. Nothing more, nothing less.
A3: See above
A4: Yes, it is very likely that the interviewing consul might think you are trying to circumvent the H-1B related 221(g) by applying for a B-2 visa. You need to show very strong ties to India in order to successfully acquire a B-2 visa.
A5: Proof of strong financial and social ties to India.