[B]Re-Entry using AP changes H1B status?[/B]

GC_for_ever

Registered Users (C)
Hi
If I use AP for re-entry does that change my H1 status? I have my h1 extension until Jan 2007 (8th year ext), will I be able to extend my 9th year extension?

GC_for_ever said:
Hi
If I use AP for re-entry does that change my H1 status? I have my h1 extension until Jan 2007 (8th year ext), will I be able to extend my 9th year extension?
No -- using AP does NOT impact your H1 status.
Read the Cronin Memo for details.

travel on AP while H1B1 extension application is pending

Hi, Friends:

I have the following situation: My current H1B is going to expire by Dec.31, 2005, the employer is going to file the petition of filing the extension for my current H1B.

I am planning to travel to Europe on Advance Parole on December and come back before Dec.31, 2005. At that time, my extension application will be in USCIS. Will that affect my reentry to US? How about if my H1B extension is granted before I reenter US?

Thanks!

Used AP-H1B approved, what status while renewing EAD

Hello guys & Max2k1
Anyone who has been in similar situation Pls help me. I have an H1B approval notice valid till April 2006 but not stamped in passport. Current H1B stamp expired in passport. Used AP to reenter on Oct 31st 2005. I have to renew my EAD and also want to maintain my H1B status

1. What should I write for my status in the EAD form while renewing my EAD(H1B or AOS Pending)

2. What should I write for my work authorization(H1B or EAD)

3. How do I keep my H1B status active

4. If I renew my H1B will I be given for 3 yrs since I140 is approved and PD are retrogressed.

Guys in similar situation pls help I have to file for renewal of EAD asap.
Thanks abunch!

Jaggy said:
1. What should I write for my status in the EAD form while renewing my EAD(H1B or AOS Pending)

4. If I renew my H1B will I be given for 3 yrs since I140 is approved and PD are retrogressed.

Thanks abunch!

1. since you used Ap to reenter last time, I think you are supposed to be parolee.
2. Whatever you are using to work.
3. Not use EAD and keep H1B renewing or extending.
4. I have confusion for this too. Some says I485 should not be filed to get 3 years extension, some says I485 filing does not matter as long as PD is retrogressed.

Jaggy said:
Hello guys & Max2k1
Anyone who has been in similar situation Pls help me. I have an H1B approval notice valid till April 2006 but not stamped in passport. Current H1B stamp expired in passport. Used AP to reenter on Oct 31st 2005. I have to renew my EAD and also want to maintain my H1B status

Thanks abunch!
Manner of last entry: Paroled
Current Status: H-1B

I was in similar situation as yours. My h1b was valid until dec 2005, but did not have it stamped. I used AP to enter US twice until now. I applied for H1b extension for 3 years (485 pending, 140 approved) and got approved until dec 2008. 2008 will be my 10th year of H1B.