[B]FBI Fingerprinting Requirements[/B]

1. I put in my spouse's ITIN and indicated the same in parentheses.
2. I sent mine by USPS Express Mail which reached FBI the next day. I included a similar return envelope. This service comes with tracking ability.

My experience below may be of some use to readers here:

The first time I sent in my fingerprints (which was within a week of receiving the initial assessment), they were returned to me because my spouse hadn't signed on the cover letter. The day I received the package from FBI, I had 7 exact weeks till the 90-day document submission deadline of CIC. The very next day after receiving the unprocessed prints back, I resent the whole package to FBI with my spouse's signature. It has been exactly six weeks and I still haven't received anything from FBI. Upon calling them up today, I was informed that they have a large backlog and are expected to process my request tomorrow. At this point, I don't think I will be able to meet the 90-day deadline and will probably have to send in other documents to CIC first with an explanation as to why I will be submitting the FBI clearance a bit late.

Moral of the story - Murphy's law strikes when you least expect it. 90 days may not be a lot of time. Don't save a few bucks by sending your stuff through regular USPS mail because you may save yourself a lot of frustration down the road.

Hi Gretzky

Your advise to use express mail made a lot of sense and I have done exactly tht. Thanks for also posting the info on spouses's signature... I am sure its helped a lot of us ?
One quick question. Approx how long after sending the application to check and confirm that things were ok. should you wait a while or call them in about a week after sending the appl.
Thanks

It took FBI 24 days to input my data into their system. I would wait three weeks before calling them.

Hi guys

I want to clarify one thing... Some of you said FBI gave you a web address of the fingerprint (FP) form. I did see the form, however, on some other forums, maybe including this one, I have read that you are NOT supposed to print this form on a regular paper, but rather on some special paper privded by FBI or police. So in other words - that web form is useless, because FBI will not accept your FPs on a regular "home" printed form. Can someone clarify that? Did anyone submit FPs on a home printed form and got results back? Or do you really have to use "their" forms obtained form Police, etc.

Question #2:
Since we hear a lot about FPs being rejected by FBI, would it make sense to send two cards per person and send them separately, so that one officer will not see both of them at the same time and reject both (if he happens to be in a bad mood... someone said they rejected his SEVEN cards at the same time, that had to be a bad mood of the officer opening the envelope!)? Or would a second identical request (the safety one) void the original, should FBI notice you sent two requests within a short period of time. All that to make the chance of acceptance higher. Would this be OK???

Hi,

Yesterday, I got my results of the fingerprints from FBI. I must thank Gretzky especially for starting this thread and providing valuable information. I made a mistake not signing the cover letter. Later I called fbi and sent a fax with my and my wife's signature and it helped me !!

To Juniormemeber: I think its okay to take print in anykind of paper. I had mailed a member of FBI and she told me that it works on 'any' kind of paper. I took printout on a regular paper and got it zeroxed on a thicker paper. If you provide all the information required and if all your finger prints r okay, it should not be a problem. I hp it helps.

Thanks again.