[B]FBI Fingerprinting Requirements[/B]

gretzky

Registered Users (C)
I want to share this so that you can avoid the delay that I have just experienced with the FBI fingerprint checking process.

To get a certificate of "no criminal record" (i.e., fingerprinting check) from FBI, send them the following documents:

1. Letter from the Canadian Consulate General
2. Completed FBI fingerprint forms
3. Cashier's check ($18/person)
4. Pre-paid, self-addressed return envelope
5. Cover Letter explaining the request with the signatures of ALL the individuals whose record is requested

I sent all the above-mentioned documents to FBI on 02/09/2004. FBI informed me today (when I called them) that they had mailed the unprocessed package back to me because my wife had not signed the cover letter. That's a one-month delay that could have been avoided had I called in and checked with FBI first.

same thing

Same thing happened to me. Lost a month...hoping that they process it atleast this time.

I have received 2 finger printing cards per person from FBI. Do I need to send 2 finger prints per person?

Could you please give the number you called to talk to FBI?

Thanks

FBI contact

The contact number I have for FBI fingerprinting is 304-625-3878

As far as I know, its only one set of fingerprints per person. Thats what I sent...havent yet gotten my report...but I beleive its just one set per person...& remember to send a cover letter along thats signed by all persons requesting check...We lost a month by not doing so.

All the best.

Thank you for the reply. I looked at the FBI site and it says 'Obtain proof of identity, which consists of a set of your fingerprints (original card, no copies), with your name, date of birth and place of birth.'

What is a set? Two cards or One card?

A set is

A set of fingerprints is one 'blue' fingerprint card with a 'set' of all 10 of ur fingerprints.

Hi,

I made the same mistake. yesterday posted the card to fbi ''without' my wife signing on it.
Do u think, if i send a letter today with our signs on it, it will help ??

Please let me know if someone has gone thru this before. It will save lot of time.

thanks

busybe

I would call FBI up at 304-625-5590 (#3) and ask that question. My hunch is that you should be able to send a new letter with your wife's signature and have FBI return the card fully processed.

Thanks

I called them and they asked to fax me the letter again with signatures. I hope it works.

Urgent Urgent advise please

Hello Guys

Need some information please..

We just received letter from the Canadian Consulate.. yes the wait is over, Inteview waived required to send the usual documents. However we need information..

1. Have been asked to send Letter on current employers letter head of the current job.details - no problem
2. Current immigration status details - no problem.
3. Proof of employment ( W2 ) no problem
4. Bank statement - no problem

5. Letter of "No Record" or "Good conduct" from Nashville Police ( since we stayed for 1 yr in Nashville, tenneesee), we are now in Houston..

my wife is leaving for india in 5 days. Is it enough if we get the FBI fingerprints done? what is this Good conduct certificate.. We had initially got FBI fingerprinting done in Oct 2002 in anticipation that we would ge the initial approval letter soon.

what is our option now.. guys need fast answer please.. can we get the FBI finger printing cards from local FBI office here.. or are they available in the local Police station?

Please need answers thanks

kris

fingerprinting address

Thanks gretzky for sharing the info on fingerprinting process. I found it very helpful ... didn't know anything about the cover letter before reading this thread. I am also supposed to send my fingerprints for FBI checking this week and am little confused about the their address. CIC websites show:

Federal Bureau of Investigation,
Criminal Justice Information Services Division (CJIS Division),
Attn: SCU, Mod. D-2,
1000 Custer Hollow Road,
Clarksburg, West Virginia, U.S.A., 26306.

whereas, if you call the FBI fingerprinting number, it says (also in their website):
Federal Bureau of Investigation,
Criminal Justice Information Services Division (CJIS Division),
Records Request,
1000 Custer Hollow Road,
Clarksburg, West Virginia, U.S.A., 26306.

Which address did you send it to, gretzky? Don't know if they are the same. Also, is there any sample cover letter?

Thanks

I sent it to the first address via USPS Express Mail with a tracking number. I also called FBI to confirm that all was in order the second time around.

Hi Folks

I have cleared my Quebec immigration and want to apply for Federal now. Two questions.

1) How do I get my Police certificate from US? Can I go to nearest police dept and get it?

2) How do I find the finger printing experts to get the FBI finger printing card?

Thanks,
PBK

Hi greatzky,

When you called them to ask if all was in order, do they reply ? And how long after we send the mail, should we call them and ask ?

Thanks.

1. Yes.
2. I happen to call the day they put my info. into their database so they were able to pull it up pretty quickly. It was three weeks after they had received the documents. I don't see any harm in calling earlier.

Hi All,
Thank You for making this thread so informative and helpful.
However, I have 2 questions:
1. How to take prints of the fpcardb.pdf file available from the FBI website at: http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/PDF/fpcardb.pdf
Does anybody has a clue?
2. Does anyone know how to obtain a Police Clearance Certificate(PCC) from AUSTRALIA?

Thank You.

Should spouse leave SSN space blank

I will be going to get my FBI fingerprinting tomorrow. I saw the card on the website and one of the data items to be filled is SSN.
Since my spouse is on H4 she does not have a SSN as she is not eligible to get one. In place she has Tax Id Number (TIN) which she has to use while filing taxes etc. Should I leave the SSN blank for her or should I fill in this TIN in place of SSN.

Secondly does US Postal Service has return envelope with tracking number. What service in your opinion is the best for sending documents and sending pre-paid envelope ? Are UPS & Fed Ex necessarily better than US Postal Svc ?
Thanks

what I mean was the kind of paper to use?
is it ok if i print the .pdf file on an A4 paper?
(because the actual one is a card...and i am not sure how to print this online file)