Average time for 1st H1 Visa Stamping

khanumair25

Hello Everybody,
My name is Umair Ahmed Khan. I have applied for H1B visa for the 1st time. My interview was held on 13th July 2006 at Islamabad US Embassy. I was asked to wait for 5 weeks for administrative process. At that time I was working with Unilever Pakistan Ltd. in Rahim Yar Khan as Site IT coordinator. I need to complete some of my and my wife's documents, so I resign my job and went to Karachi as per NIV officer's words. Its being more then a year since waiting. I have read some mails on this website, that gives me an idea that my case is being handed over to FBI because of my name. Defenately some others might facing this problem as well. Is there any way that we can get some idea that how much more time should we have to wait?

Hello Everybody,
My name is Umair Ahmed Khan. I have applied for H1B visa for the 1st time. My interview was held on 13th July 2006 at Islamabad US Embassy. I was asked to wait for 5 weeks for administrative process. At that time I was working with Unilever Pakistan Ltd. in Rahim Yar Khan as Site IT coordinator. I need to complete some of my and my wife's documents, so I resign my job and went to Karachi as per NIV officer's words. Its being more then a year since waiting. I have read some mails on this website, that gives me an idea that my case is being handed over to FBI because of my name. Defenately some others might facing this problem as well. Is there any way that we can get some idea that how much more time should we have to wait?

Oh boy! Of course it's hindsight, but never make any travel plans until you have visa in hand. Too late in your case, but something to look out for others. I thought it said the same in the embassy documents as well.

AR/AP is one of these things where no body knows. I have seen cases when it gets done in a month or two and some cases where it goes on and on. I wish you the best though and hopefully others will have more helpful answer for you.

AoA.

I have been stuck in Pakistan for 7 months now ...I was interviewed on June 5, 2007 at the US embassy in Islamabad and the VO told me that my case is approved but will go through further administrative processing. It's just frustrating to have no certain time frame. I heard that it takes lesser time for females and also my lawyer told me the same thing and I cam back thinking that and now I am helplessly stuck here.

Is anyone else in a similar situation? specially any girls? Any suggestions as to what I should do?

Regards,
desert rain

well...i wouldnt say that...

cause if i do then that in a way justifies what is happening and I feel that not letting the applicants know how long it is going to take for security clearance, making the clean people wait for unexpectedly long time is not something recommended in any case.

Also the it's not just a benefit for applicants but also we pay freakin taxes in the US and fill in the need for advanced degree workers which benefits the country.

I know your comments are plainly your views and no offense i just told you my views. Alhamdullilah I am proud that I am a Muslim and have a Muslim name I know it all happens for good! I am hanging in here please pray for me.
Thanks.

It has been 8 months now. I have hope:) Thinking of applying for Canadian Immigration do you know if TOEFL or IELTS is mandatory even if you have an advance MS degree from US?
You have my sympathy. You are basically paying the price for seeking a benefit. I wish you a speedy and favourable outcome.

That is exactly what is happening during anyone's name check. They are trying to find out if you (or any other applicant) is clean.

I feel that not letting the applicants know how long it is going to take for security clearance, making the clean people wait for unexpectedly long time

It has been 8 months now. I have hope:) Thinking of applying for Canadian Immigration do you know if TOEFL or IELTS is mandatory even if you have an advance MS degree from US?

You do not need any TOEFL or IELTS for Canadian immigration.
Canadian immigration is a breeze as compared to US immigration.
The process and application is very simple if you are qualified. Every bit of information is on canadian immigraiton web site ( www . cic . gc . ca ) in simple and clear English. So simple that anyone who can read and understand English can fillup the application and apply.
No stupid lawyer's fee. No hassel.

sincerely,
faranianq

Though IELTS is not a requirement for the Canadian PR application, last I heard, they were making pretty much every one take that test. My guess is that too many people started using the same template floating around the forums and internet.

I myself had applied for Canadian PR few years back and I thought I had written a very nice letter substantiating proficiency in the english language, but they asked me to take the IELTS test too. With roughly two weeks worth of preparation, I scored 8.5 bands out of 9. I thought it was a complete waste of my time and money. Anyhow, point is, be prepared to take that test.

Stoned!