Automatically withdraw I485 using AP back to U.S.?

Feng Wan

Entering on 09/03, yesterday, from Port Champlain (20 minutes from Montreal).

Worst experience: the Customs and Border Protection officer was upset after reviewing my AP document and Canadian Permanent Residency paper, which is stapled to my passport. He claimed that I automatically withdraw my US PR application after getting the Canadian one. I couldn't get Canadian PR because US PR took too long or just for convinence. He made copies of my AP, Canadian Permanent Residency paper, passport and said he would send them to CIS for them to make a decision. He let me go afterwards.

Please help. What will CIS do? Is there a problem to get Canadian PR while AOS?

Well applying for both (Canadian PR and US GC) is not an issue. Issues develope when an individual gets both and then tries to keep both "active". I have no idea what that officer added as "his notes" to your entry record. I have no idea what he is going to send to CIS and for what purpose. However what I do know is that you need to make a decision with regards to whihc country you want to permanently live in. Most of your issues will disappear there and then. I understand your AOS is still in the works and thus you have your Canadian PR as a backup.

Feng Wan,

I am also in the same situation. I have only AP and no visa status. would you advise me to land in Canada? did you receive any queries or letters from USCIS regarding your canada landing? Please advise

Thanks
Hara