automatic visa revalidation

mroo

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Has anybody ever used or heard about the automatic visa revalidation on F1 while traveling to Mexico or Canada (or the adjacent islands) for less than 30 days (with expired F1 visa)??

I am a citizen of Poland in the US on F1 and my entry visa has expired. I am going to Mexico on vacation for 6 days and I was wandering what is the potential risk for me when coming back to US (for not leting me in). I am currenty full time Grad student (has never been out of status). Thanks a lot!

Agnes

There is always a risk. They have no obligation to let you in. However, the revalidation rules means that you can come back on an expired visa as long you are less than 30 days in Canada or Mexico, so in theory you should be fine. Make sure to have your I-20/IAP-66 signed by the international center before you leave and maybe take a transcript and verification of enrollment with you.

Hi,

Has anybody ever used or heard about the automatic visa revalidation on F1 while traveling to Mexico or Canada (or the adjacent islands) for less than 30 days (with expired F1 visa)??

I am a citizen of Poland in the US on F1 and my entry visa has expired. I am going to Mexico on vacation for 6 days and I was wandering what is the potential risk for me when coming back to US (for not leting me in). I am currenty full time Grad student (has never been out of status). Thanks a lot!

Agnes