Automatic Visa Revalidation

gchope2k6

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

I have a question for automatic visa revalidation while travelling to Canada. I will try to describe 2 scenarios, out of which the first one I'm pretty sure it's valid, but I'm not sure about the second one. Please assume, for both, that you have an expired USA visa, a valid I-94 and a multiple entry Canadian visitor visa for at least 30 days.

Scenario 1:
-----------
- leave US and enter Canada with visitor visa, keeping valid I-94;
- DO NOT apply for US visa in Canada;
- return to US with valid I-94 and I-797.

Scenario 2:
-----------
- leave immediately from Canada to Europe for 2 weeks;
- DO NOT apply for US visa in Europe;
- return in Canada from Europe after 2 weeks on still valid Canadian multi entry visitor visa;
- return immediately to US with valid I-94 and I-797.

Is Scenario 2 possible ?

Thanks a lot.

gchope2k6 said:
Hi all,

I have a question for automatic visa revalidation while travelling to Canada. I will try to describe 2 scenarios, out of which the first one I'm pretty sure it's valid, but I'm not sure about the second one. Please assume, for both, that you have an expired USA visa, a valid I-94 and a multiple entry Canadian visitor visa for at least 30 days.

Scenario 1:
-----------
- return to US with valid I-94 and I-797.
------------------------- correct
Scenario 2:
-----------
- leave immediately from Canada to Europe for 2 weeks;

************ automatic visa revalidation is from entry from Mexico and Canada only(less than 30 days trip) if go to other country from Canada you can not enter on AVR

- DO NOT apply for US visa in Europe;
- return in Canada from Europe after 2 weeks on still valid Canadian multi entry visitor visa;
- return immediately to US with valid I-94 and I-797.

Is Scenario 2 possible ?
-------------------------------------NO
Thanks a lot.

US-canada re-entry

does this mean that I can go to canada if I have valid I-94 and I-797 and come back to the US even if my US visa is long expired.

advani said:
does this mean that I can go to canada if I have valid I-94 and I-797 and come back to the US even if my US visa is long expired.
-------------- YES, if you dont apply Visa stamp in Canada and trip is less than 30 days and dont give your I-94 when enter Canada ( go to DOS site and search for AUTOMATIC VISA REVALIDATION)

One important thing to remember is that for AVR you NEED Expired visa stamp on your passport. If you have no stamp for whatever reason (change status in US, Passport is lost etc) you CAN NOT USE AVR.