Automatic Visa revalidation Question

tamizhan24

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
If I have a valid 797 and I-94 BUT expired H1 Visa on my passport, according to the automatic revalidation rule, I can go to Canada and can re-enter the US with an expired visa and valid 797 and I-94 provided:
1.) I did not apply for a US visa while I was in Canada(meaning I didnt appear for an interview) AND
2.) My stay in Canada was for less than 30 days.

here is my question: How will the officer at the US port of entry, know that you were in Canada for less than 30 days? They generally dont take your I-94 card if you drive into Canada.
Do they stamp something on your passport, saying date of departure.

I am planning on doing this and I want to make sure that visa revalidation will not cause issues for me.
Any thoughts anyone

not sure what you mean by revalidation. as I understand it, it is just allowing you to re-enter even if your visa is expired.
make sure of the following for this to work:
-keep copies of your tickets to and from canada.
-if canadian office\airline staff take your I94 card, specifically let them know that you are going only for <30 days.
-your PP will be stamped with entry stamp in canada (from my exp in visiting canada via Det-windsor tunnel).
-I think you will need to be from countries whose PP holders are not barred to use the auto reval.
I am not exactly sure what happens if one has canadian GC; would the canadian authorities just look at the GC card and let through without stamping PP.

tamizhan24 said:
Hi,
If I have a valid 797 and I-94 BUT expired H1 Visa on my passport, according to the automatic revalidation rule, I can go to Canada and can re-enter the US with an expired visa and valid 797 and I-94 provided:
1.) I did not apply for a US visa while I was in Canada(meaning I didnt appear for an interview) AND
2.) My stay in Canada was for less than 30 days.

here is my question: How will the officer at the US port of entry, know that you were in Canada for less than 30 days? They generally dont take your I-94 card if you drive into Canada.
Do they stamp something on your passport, saying date of departure.

I am planning on doing this and I want to make sure that visa revalidation will not cause issues for me.
Any thoughts anyone

Can I use Auto Revalidation Rule

My case is I have expired L2 visa stamped on my passport and valid H1b till june 2007(Don't have any H1B stamped).I am Indian.
Can I do auto revalidation and go to canada and come back within 30 days showing expired L2 visa and valid H1b ?
Is it necessary to have expired Visa of same type(H1b) or expired L2visa and valid H1b will work??

Do they also ask for en client letter in case of working with consultancy company

Hi,
while using auto revalidation at the port of entry immigration officers ask for valid original H1b/I94 and proof of employment etc.
My question is do they check all the documens like if i am employed with consultancy company then the end client letter ,Photo at client site etc( like they ask when we do stamping) .or they simply check the employment letter from the employer

Thanks

tusharvk said:
not sure what you mean by revalidation. as I understand it, it is just allowing you to re-enter even if your visa is expired.
make sure of the following for this to work:
-keep copies of your tickets to and from canada.
-if canadian office\airline staff take your I94 card, specifically let them know that you are going only for <30 days.
-your PP will be stamped with entry stamp in canada (from my exp in visiting canada via Det-windsor tunnel).
-I think you will need to be from countries whose PP holders are not barred to use the auto reval.
I am not exactly sure what happens if one has canadian GC; would the canadian authorities just look at the GC card and let through without stamping PP.

document list for auto revalidation

My self and me spouse entered USA on L1-L2 visa two company A and B filed for our H1b.We joined company A.whet to India on advance payroll come back I94 white(as parolee) expiring on may 29 2006.After coming here shifted to company B H1b(I94 green valid till June 2007).
can we go to Canada before may 29 and come back within 30 days without doing stamping using autorevalidation with valid I94 /H1b original document and expired L2 visa(In case of my spouse expired L1)

If yes do they will also ask for all the document list like (Mine is consultancy company) end client letter,Photo at client's site,company tax return document,company brocure the whole list which they ask for H1B stamping.Or they only concerned about Valid H1b and expired L2.

My end client is not giving me letter.but I am on job all the time having all my pay stubs .I don't have photographs etc

Please Help
I have to book my tickets

sharma_rita said:
Hi,
while using auto revalidation at the port of entry immigration officers ask for valid original H1b/I94 and proof of employment etc.
My question is do they check all the documens like if i am employed with consultancy company then the end client letter ,Photo at client site etc( like they ask when we do stamping) .or they simply check the employment letter from the employer

Thanks

do i need to cancel my H1b visa appointment in canada for using autorevalidation rule

Hi,

Is it OK to take simply appointment like, I have appointment at Calgary at mar 20th 2006,But now I am planning to do Auto revalidation ,and don't want to Appear for H1b stamping.

Can I do auto revalidation without cancelling my appointment at Calgary ,just want to keep as a back up in case any issues occurs while doing auto revalidation.Or I have to cancel even my appointment for doing auto revalidation[/QUOTE]