AUGUST - Visa revalidation tracking

Jharkhandi,

I agree thats what even I was thinking too, by tuedsday eve or wednesday morning i hope they will process my case and I will definetly know my status, I dont want to call on monday and hear that my case is still peding which will keep me in further dielama.

And one more point that I noted is that most of the time people who made frequent calls got into QA process. I do not say that if you do not make calls - it won't happen. But likelyhood increases I believe. I know two more person - their PP is in QA(we sent same day, almost same time from same Fedex office.) and they were frequent callers(almost once everyday.)

Calling them

there is a limit to call them up as its not official to call them up. its not a good idea. By calling them up might frustrate to their work... as the other guy mention above,, it might delay ur process or others... Unless you are sure ur dates has been passed.. better keeping quite.. this is just opinion..

PP Recd

all,

I recd my PP yesterday...

Thanks for all the guys. It was a great help during this frustrating wait.

All the very best!

agna

SL: 25-Jul----DC: 29-Aug

Visa issued : November 5th
PP Received officially Nov 14th 2003 (got through company legal services hence a little late to receive it on hand).

No errors! Thank God.

Looks like, days of my frustration are not over. I recently looked at the copy of Fedex Airbill of my return mail, and figured that my credit card number was incorrect. The woman at the Fedex office printed it incorrectly. I called Fedex and they said, they couldnt do anything until that package had been scanned. Rep asked me to call the sender and request them to correct the credit card number. I dont know, if Department of State would be kind enough to do that. I called fedex again, and the rep was very nice. She asked me to call them back once I know the package has been handed over to Fedex, and they will do something.

But you know what? When they pickup this package, and find out that the credit card number is incorrect, they are going to hold the delivery and try to contact the sender (i.e., DOS). Hope, I get to know in time, when my package has been handed over to them, so that I can tell them not to contact DOS for payments, and then I can pay them over the phone.

But the first thing I am going to do is to call DOS and request them to correct my credit card number. Lets see.

manishg_in,

Have you visited the site:

http://travel.state.gov/revals.html

It clearly says -

Please use your address as the “from” address on the airbill or the self-addressed envelope.

DOS would not co-operate with you - better talk to FedEx and try to get it fixed from your side, if you can.

Explain them the situation and better still accept the mistake in writing the From addess while talking to FedEx rep. They will be more helpful then DOS people.

Last edited by a moderator:
DHN,

Have you sent your passports back to DC for correction?
Do you have any idea how long it will take for them to make the correction and send it back to you?

Thanks
mjksjm

From Address

Hello manish

Do post what happened about ur case? If from address caused any problem? Even I have written US Department of state in the from address ...Totally overlooked that sentence.
Hope it wont cause any problem.

Sunita

Last edited by a moderator:
I just called Visa Office, and explained them my problem. The lady was nice, and she said, she doesnt work in the dispatch office. But she asked me my credit card number and other details, and she said, she would forward that information to the dispatch office. My visa was not printed yet, and she said, it should be printed sometime today. She also asked me to call back again tomorrow.

Originally posted by mjksjm
DHN,

Have you sent your passports back to DC for correction?
Do you have any idea how long it will take for them to make the correction and send it back to you?

Thanks
mjksjm

Hi mjksjm,

I just sent the passport for corrections. They talk about 5 working days. Follow the instructions on :
http://www.travel.state.gov/revalcor.html

This page will give you all the information for getting your revalidated visa corrected.

DHN

Revalidation Experts,

Can You guys give me some estimate on the visa processing time? According to that I have to book my ticket. Please consider the holidays (Thanks giving, Christmas, New Year)

MY SL Date - SEP 25 th
DC Date 0ct 10th

Thanks

3-1/2 months from your SL date.
On a safer side, considering holidays in between, you can plan your travel about 4 months from your SL date.
Best of Luck.

Thanks skali, manishg_in.

For svontel,

I put my own address in "From" as well. manishg_in's case is different, his credit card number is not correct and addressis of DC. If your card number is correct - you do not have to worry.

manishg_in,

I think you should get in touch with FedEx and explain your case and show Fedex Airbill of return mail and request if they can change it. It won't hurt to take this step. If DOS helps fine or even better, if FedEx can fix it. It will help you in getting PP back. Keep posted. Best of luck.

Hi DHN,

Thanks for the info. I was a bit curious about the correction process, since I have booked my India ticket for Dec 13, I am still waiting for my VISA approval. Hope that you will get your PP within one week.

Originally posted by mjksjm
Hi DHN,

Thanks for the info. I was a bit curious about the correction process, since I have booked my India ticket for Dec 13, I am still waiting for my VISA approval. Hope that you will get your PP within one week.

You are welcome.

DHN