• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

August visa bulletin the final.

As for Aussies wanting to go to America, why should we not be given the chance to move to and work in America just like everyone else? No where did I read in the process that a requirement was to come from a poorer county or one torn a part by civil war and such. I absolutely agree that in general we have a comfortable life here in Australia, however I am pretty sure there are people in Europe who earn more than me who have applied and completed the DV ( cough cough simon cough cough) and strangely no one begrudges them the opportunity. I am sure there are people in the African continent that have a much higher standard of living than your every day aussie who have applied for and successfully completed the DV lottery. So to say "why bother" or "its better in Australia" is just plain ignorant. Yes I am sure there are people from OC who have applied just for laughs but I am sure that is true of many other places as well.

For crying out loud. No one said you couldn't apply. I was originally talking about push factors from other countries (in response to comments about a higher response rate to DV this year, does anyone else actually remember how this conversation started?) and then someone got all "irritated" about how Australia had "tricked" the world into thinking it was a safe nice place to live. I simply pointed out that on any objective measure that is absolutely true. There was actually a logical line of argument but now getting all the knee jerk reactions like this. Nowhere did I say or imply these visas should be held for poor oppressed people only, but surely anyone with two brain cells can see why entry and response rates for DV are so much higher from those countries than Australia (and Western Europe). FFS.

All true, but humans are maximisers. With the prospect of significantly reduced QoL, who can blame Aussies for desperately wanting out?

The future, in terms of consumer goods and even catalysts for crime, looks bleak.

Australia is about the fall off an economic cliff with little hope of recovery. We have no large industries to pull us back up. There is very little research or value-add production in Australia, and there's no prospect of that starting. It's just not a priority for our government or the bulk of our population. We produce legions of design engineers, for instance, but those who stay in Australia don't design anything -- they simply become managers. Our only substantial exports are primary products. We have a few mines, most of which are foreign owned, and none of which are large employers -- even in 'flow-on' industries. We have agriculture, but are undercut by developing countries and fenced out with tariffs.

Most people are employed in low-to-middle skilled jobs in administration (including accounting, management and low-end 'white-collar' jobs), hospitality and human services; all of which are exposed to bottomless downward wage pressure. It's entirely conceivable that five years from now, the median Australian will have a small fraction of the purchasing power he or she does now. We're going to see a large disenfranchised, undereducated, exurban working poor. They'll be commuting hours to work in poorly-paid jobs and won't be able to afford the basics. Many will choose to opt out and we'll see the social costs of that.

It's not going to be pretty. Sure, it won't be civil war, but it will be a large reduction in quality of life in this country. Many folks want 'out' to realise their potential and to make good on expensive educations. There's no good in dismissing them.

Where are these views coming from? You're so wrong it's frustrating. There is no evidence to support any of this, just a negative rant. You should stop reading so many extremist blogs.

Australia is one of the best countries in the world on every measure imaginable. Like Suzie I could post a bunch more stats, which I already have, but it's off-topic and a waste of time for other forum members.

Yeah gulkan agree. I'm done with this line of conversation. Reminds me of talking to the petulant kids at the private school who are so upset that they don't have the latest iPhone and their world is over because of it, when down the road people are living in shacks.

CEAC DATA FOR NEPALESE UPTO 8900

AP = 219
Issue = 2238
Ready = 918
Transfer in process = 1
TOTAL = 3376

It is conform that country limit 7% is base on the 55000
So,
Balance Visa = 3850 - 3376 + 58 (AP of march interview upto 4325 is not made issue ) + 150 appx.( Ready 918 & balance AP isn't made issue ) = 682

Don't put your assumption of 7% of 55k. Official limit is 7% of 50k. Of course DOS will allow to go beyond 3500 like what happen to Iran in dv13 but I think it will only do that when the buffer is overrun. Let say Nepal has 3800 selectees schedule for interviews and based on Nepal success rate, DOS put a buffer of 300 from 3500 and if it turn out that it needed 3700 visas it will still issue 3700 which is 200 extra from 7% of 50k. I personally think DOS will not target 7% from 55k because that 5k from NACARA is unknown when DOS planning for Sept cut off.

Hi all ... my case number is 91xx and i am from Nepal ... can u please tell me when i will get my 2nd nl ??

My guess is that AS will be scheduling 13k selectees for interviews and around 3k fall out with the following breakdown:

1k - No show
1k - AP unclear
500 - Refused
500 - Excess from Nepal and Iran

Up to July cut off Asia already have scheduled 10k selectees for interviews so we have 3k selectees more for Aug and Sept.

In Aug, Nepal should takes 200 and Rest of Asia takes 1k = 1.2k
In Sept, we should have 1.8k or so for interviews and assuming Nepal will take additional 200 and Iran no longer in the run.

In term of CN, I expect it to jump 6400. (1.8k - 200 = 1.6k / 250(ROA density per 1k))

So it is possible to reach 19.1k in the final cut off. But again any of the factor above have a slight change it will greatly impact the final cut off. Remember just 250 visa slots and it can move 1k CN.

thank u very much..................

Hi Guys,

My CN is AS 11xxx and I am from Sri Lanka. I was thinking I should get the I-134 and W2 form now as I hope I will be current in the coming months.
Regarding I-134, it asks:

"Do you (the sponsor) intend to make contributions to the support of the person (the green card winner) and indicate the exact nature and duration of contributions. If you ( the sponsor) intend to furnish room and board, state for how long and the amount in US dollars"

My questions: 1.What's the minimum amount the sponsor needs to indicate?
2. Can I show my own savings to support the affidavit of support?
3. If I plan to do my masters degree in the US, would the amount indicated in this form affect the amount of financial aid I would receive?
4. I'm based in Hong Kong, the police authorities in Hong Kong say they will not provide me with the police certificate, but instead send it directly to the US Embassy in Sri Lanka. However, the checklist on the embassy website states us to bring the certificate with us. How should that go

Thanks!

what about Egypt why they moving so slow.
did Egypt reached the country limit.
is there is any chance if the CN is AF36XXX from Egypt

My vlady,
I don't feel good :(
I'm so scared they cancell our interviews.
How can we be sure? :(
After happiness yesterday i'm really sad today...

Don't worry Chic! Rae is a soulless machine designed by the military supercomputer Skynet for infiltration and combat duty, towards the ultimate goal of exterminating the human resistance, sent from the future to kill John Connor and for just for fun kill DV lottery winners hopes :D:D:D

You are 37k right ?? Even if they start running out of visas you will be fine! Listen to VladMaster, he knows his stuff ;)

Hi I am new to this forum, I was following other forum on the same matter, but recently was a post mention this forum.
How can confirm that you have the number for VB before is launch in the web?
Also did you made this prognostic always?
How have the crystal ball that is able to see the future?
What would be the CN that will be call for DV 2014? if is any guru or wizard that can see the future?
Any bet!
Thahs a lot and wiating to here the guess from the magic person to beat some money with him in case is not true his o her pronostic

How can confirm that you have the number for VB before is launch in the web?
Also did you made this prognostic always?

You can pick up your phone, call KCC and if they have the numbers they will give them to you. Other visas than DV are published in the bulletin too, so even if they have DV numbers they have to wait until all visa numbers are in. Then they publish the bulletin.

You can pick up your phone, call KCC and if they have the numbers they will give them to you. Other visas than DV are published in the bulletin too, so even if they have DV numbers they have to wait until all visa numbers are in. Then they publish the bulletin.
Easy lol
You won the bet :D

Dear flolks in this priceless forum....regarding the interviews, are they schedualed in an order parallel to CN order only or also according to the availability in the embassy ? For example, my # is near middle of AS 11***, this probably means I will be interviewed near the latter third of August, but the embassy in my country is not a busy one (it is in the middle east, as far as i expect it is not in an area of large amount of selectees), does it make my interview a bit earlier than late august?
Thanks for your help guys