• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

August visa bulletin the final.

If we pass the interview in August we are going to leave for the beginning of September!!!! Because we have children to putt to school! (I'm not so old than my picture :D)
In Chicago because it is a big town and my husband is worry not to find a job quickly .
San Francisco seems to be to expansive and we know nothing about the town

same thing for Miami and we don't talk Spanish.
What are you advices about that ?
I take advice from everyone

Well I got my phd in Chicago and it is in many ways stunning city, but the winters are cold and long. Lots of crime in the periphery. I like Chicago more than New York, but less than miami.

I don't know why people keep going on about Spanish as there are no Hispanics in California or Texas. There are plenty in Chicago too! I like Miami because it's cosmopolitan. Miami dade consists of several cities each with their profile. Sunny isles is crawling with Russians, there are many Jews, Brazilians, French, Ukrainians, Scandinavians and Germans. My neighbours are polish, Ukrainian, British, Dutch and Mexican and some Orthodox Jews too. Aventura is a beautiful city in Miami dade with great public schools. Main thing I feel welcome because it seems every person I meet is an immigrant and I often get tips on how to do. My bank manager just came I from Columbia and married italien. He showed me how to transport my credit history to the us and how to creat a good financial profile locally making car loans etc easier. It's nice coming to banks etc. and the people servicing you know exactly your challenges in a new country.

About school you might want to check when the uptake is to your preferred school and choose your home according to school district.

Well I got my phd in Chicago and it is in many ways stunning city, but the winters are cold and long. Lots of crime in the periphery. I like Chicago more than New York, but less than miami.

I don't know why people keep going on about Spanish as there are no Hispanics in California or Texas. There are plenty in Chicago too! I like Miami because it's cosmopolitan. Miami dade consists of several cities each with their profile. Sunny isles is crawling with Russians, there are many Jews, Brazilians, French, Ukrainians, Scandinavians and Germans. My neighbours are polish, Ukrainian, British, Dutch and Mexican and some Orthodox Jews too. Aventura is a beautiful city in Miami dade with great public schools. Main thing I feel welcome because it seems every person I meet is an immigrant and I often get tips on how to do. My bank manager just came I from Columbia and married italien. He showed me how to transport my credit history to the us and how to creat a good financial profile locally making car loans etc easier. It's nice coming to banks etc. and the people servicing you know exactly your challenges in a new country.

About school you might want to check when the uptake is to your preferred school and choose your home according to school district.

I hear you about Miami. I loved it there (I kept an apartment in Doral for about 8 years), and yes it is a wonderful melting pot of cultures. So Miami has a "WOW" rating in my book whereas Northern California is like a "SUPER WOW" in my book. That might be because I am older now. When I was in Miami, "enjoying the scenery" was code for looking at the beautiful people (OK - girls), whereas now I actually enjoy looking at the scenery - and NorCal wins that competition hands down.

I hear you about Miami. I loved it there (I kept an apartment in Doral for about 8 years), and yes it is a wonderful melting pot of cultures. So Miami has a "WOW" rating in my book whereas Northern California is like a "SUPER WOW" in my book. That might be because I am older now. When I was in Miami, "enjoying the scenery" was code for looking at the beautiful people (OK - girls), whereas now I actually enjoy looking at the scenery - and NorCal wins that competition hands down.

I have only been to SF a couple of times. I agree it's nice there. I'm biased because I'm know where what is in Miami and how to get things done. And as you mentioned housing is a bigger bang for the buck. I'm sure I would like Northern Cali. Too. I'm not exactly sure how old you are but I think I might be older. Anyway if the choice is between a WOW and a SUPER WoW. It can't go wrong

Isn't franko there by now (miami) ?!
And by the way simon have you been to las-vegas ? Because I only saw it on tv :( my self.

Yeah....y'all can have your sunshine.

My heart belongs to NYC.

Busy, crazy, sometimes smelly, expensive, challenging, exciting, diverse, awe inspiring and my favorite place on earth!

And by the way simon have you been to las-vegas ? Because I only saw it on tv :( my self.

Vegas is creepy during day time. Only place I know with slot machines at the departure gates.

Yeah....y'all can have your sunshine.

My heart belongs to NYC.

Busy, crazy, sometimes smelly, expensive, challenging, exciting, diverse, awe inspiring and my favorite place on earth!
......but where to park?

I have only been to SF a couple of times. I agree it's nice there. I'm biased because I'm know where what is in Miami and how to get things done. And as you mentioned housing is a bigger bang for the buck. I'm sure I would like Northern Cali. Too. I'm not exactly sure how old you are but I think I might be older. Anyway if the choice is between a WOW and a SUPER WoW. It can't go wrong

I am 49 - a father to 4 kids and grandfather to 4 more. That tires you out. I also have had wing clipping surgery and that came with a recommendation to steer clear of beaches packed with young Latin women. However as you say - the choices aren't too bad at all!

Yeah I have been to LV several times. It's a fun place for a while but I personally wouldn't live there. Too hot, too plastic and too full of people that keep saying "what happens in Vegas...".