• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

August visa bulletin the final.

I'm sure they try to minimise that sort of issue - so if it happens it will be a genuine mistake. That is one reason why they won't go current unless they have available visas. As for previous experiences - there are not many with direct experience of that - not recently anyway.
Well, this is good news. My understanding from previous posts was that the cancellation may occur for the month of Sept like it is not big news, as it is the last month. On the other hand, reading you I am realizing it would not make sense to set a cut off (even if it is the last month) then cancel the interviews...as the cut off symbolizes (in theory) the fact they know they have enough visas up to that CN. Same criterion for the current. Thanks so much.

It's hardly ever happened but it seems there is no real notice - on the rare occasions they announce "no more interviews". So if you were the next day you have no notice but if you are a week or two later you do get some.
Hardly ever happened are the magic words right now. Thanks so much.

Well, this is good news. My understanding from previous posts was that the cancellation may occur for the month of Sept like it is not big news, as it is the last month. On the other hand, reading you I am realizing it would not make sense to set a cut off (even if it is the last month) then cancel the interviews...as the cut off symbolizes (in theory) the fact they know they have enough visas up to that CN. Same criterion for the current. Thanks so much.

Yes you understood the point. Having the cutoff allows them to set expectation and manage the process. That may mean they go a bit cautious this year, because the visa quota is very firm, but some things will happen that will change the numbers (such as babies being born to previously approved selectees).

Reactions: one
What about the medical test?? Do they test mariwana or any other drugs??
Also do you know the list of the medical tests?? What are they looking for? And what are the diseases that will disqualify you??

What about the medical test?? Do they test mariwana or any other drugs??
Also do you know the list of the medical tests?? What are they looking for? And what are the diseases that will disqualify you??

Diseases link here
http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/exams/medical-examination-faqs.html#5

There is a provision that if they think drug or alcohol abuse is a problem (by which I understand a danger to yourself or others) you can be denied. I have no idea how the doctor would decide on this.

If you get a visa and move to the US, you should bear in mind that your green card can be revoked for criminal offences. So if you do go it may be better to give up your recreation so as to not endanger your green card.

[QUOTE="EURO2014, post: 2340781, member: 361442
Sorry it didn't - my bad!

The DV2014 number of selectees is unprecedented. Not 2015- that is similar to 2013, when we all went current, even though for a while it didn't look like AF was going to get there.

Special the country in distribution do not play a role. German tank would not start.:p I have identified six points of the decline. 1 column - CN, 2 column - issued visas. It is without Ukraine and Uzbekistan.

0524f785e3699af3703675a7a2921980.jpg
Sloner
Why did the cut-off for EU slow down between 30000 and 33000 ?!
While we saw a 5k jump from 20k to 25k and frtom 25k to 30k with beger density?!

Tks a lot brit am hopg to bring you some gift frm AF for your tireless analysis, contributions & replies in this forum, that`s if all goes smooth up to the finish line. Cheers men & keep it up!

I am 49 - a father to 4 kids and grandfather to 4 more. That tires you out. I also have had wing clipping surgery and that came with a recommendation to steer clear of beaches packed with young Latin women. However as you say - the choices aren't too bad at all!

Damn mate! I pictured you to be someone in their 30s, your a grandad ! Lmao