August Concurrent filed EB2 category California

anjuvinu said:
Hi,
I emailed to CSC-XII.485@dhs.gov today for my 485 status(140 also pending) and got the following reply within 30 minutes.

"Adjudication should occur in 4-6 weeks"

Just wondering if they reply same to everybody....

My laywer did the email enquiry, person responding to the mail was

James A Williams
Center Adjudications Officer
Div XII, California Service Center

My case is stuck in NAME CHECK. Combining these 2 I would say that at least Name check is cleared for you and it seems a good sign also 4-6 weeks is not too long to wait :)

Ok I have now made 3 inquiries through the lawyers to USCIS but no response. No idea what is going on. Today my LUD got updated to 7/6/05, however no change in message it still says that my fingerprints have been received on ......

Any other new approvals lately? or will this never end??

Respons from USCIS on 485 enquiry

Hi

Just got a message from my lawyers regarding a response from the USCIS concerning my wife's pending I-485 application. The message said:

"Adjudication should occur within 6 weeks"

Keeping my fingers crossed.

-buzz

Approved!!!!

Got like 8 emails from USCIS today that my and my wife's 485 cases are approved. Funnily enough, we received the approval notices yesterday in mail - 2 for each of us.

This is after 3 inquiries by my lawyers - one on 4/22/05, 5/26/05 and 6/28/05

Website info for my and my wife cases is updated to:

This case has been approved. On July 9, 2005, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

Any idea if I need to go get stamped? My lawyer does nto think so. Also, the letter I got says the card will be mailed in upto 120 days. Any idea how long it takes to get the card?

This forum has been very helful. Thanks all and Good luck.

congrats...

During any of the enquiries, we you told that you case is pending due to Name check ?

gcsfo.

Desi in US said:
Got like 8 emails from USCIS today that my and my wife's 485 cases are approved. Funnily enough, we received the approval notices yesterday in mail - 2 for each of us.

This case has been approved. On July 9, 2005, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

Any idea if I need to go get stamped? My lawyer does nto think so. Also, the letter I got says the card will be mailed in upto 120 days. Any idea how long it takes to get the card?

Hey

Congrats to you and your wife. If the approval notice does not ask you to get your passport stamped, then you don't need to do it (I did it because I was leaving for India in 3 days).

My card arrived appx a week after I recvd. the approval notice. So it's not a hassle.

Enjoy your freedom.

-buzz

Desi in US said:

There was no respone to my inquiries. I doubt it was stuck at name check.

I just went to the USCIS to get it stamped - and the person told me that there is some screwup where he thought our cases were actually approved last year but I never received anything. Also, both mine and my wife's file is sent to the National record center so it has to be called back.. It goes to the record center after the card is mailed..

Who knows what is going on. However, he was nice enough to stamp my passport and now we have our temporary green card.. Yaaaa!!! all done..

Thanks for sharing!

Desi in US said:
There was no respone to my inquiries. I doubt it was stuck at name check.

I just went to the USCIS to get it stamped - and the person told me that there is some screwup where he thought our cases were actually approved last year but I never received anything. Also, both mine and my wife's file is sent to the National record center so it has to be called back.. It goes to the record center after the card is mailed..

Who knows what is going on. However, he was nice enough to stamp my passport and now we have our temporary green card.. Yaaaa!!! all done..

Congratulations!

Magic cards are here!!!!

:D Amazing.. wasting couple hours to get stamping done.. I come home to find the cards in my mail box.... funny thing is that on the card it says that I am permanent resident since Nov 17, 2004.. I guess they just "forgot" to let me know..

Anyway, now I am definitely free home!!!!

Good for you...
Enjoy your freedom..

Desi in US said:
:D Amazing.. wasting couple hours to get stamping done.. I come home to find the cards in my mail box.... funny thing is that on the card it says that I am permanent resident since Nov 17, 2004.. I guess they just "forgot" to let me know..

Anyway, now I am definitely free home!!!!

LUD finally

Hi All

After almost a year, my wife finally had an LUD on her 485 case yesterday. The last message that i recvd. from an enquiry with the USCIS was that the case should be adjudicated in 6 weeks. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Anyone with similar experiences ?

-buzz

485 approved, finally

Hi All,
Finally good news.I got my approval notice in the mail today (7/25) Notice Date is 7/21 on the approval notice . The online message still
says that "Finger prints results received..". There was no LUD recently. I filed con-currently
in EB2 with a copy of labor.(original labor was attached to some other I-140 application, which
was requested to be withdrawn when mine was filed and put the labor in my file).
I did not received any emails notifications, so it was surprise for me to see the approval
notices. I need to make info pass apptment now as per the notices.

Inquiries made:
1. On 6/15/05 I send email to div xII for I-485, and they responded that "Adjudication should occur
in 4-6 weeks". LUD changed on 485
2. Again inquired myself on July 18th, and response was "Adjudication should occur within 6 weeks". No LUDs for this inquiry

My attorney also made inquiry for I140 around 6/22/05 and the response was" The file is already with officer, and a
decision shd be made soon". Also they mentioned,if its substition case, it may take longer.

I did not received any RFEs

The priority date listed on my 485 approval notice is Feb 26,2001, which is the date for the substitution labor
which I used.

The whole process just took 1 yr for me as I used labor substituion.

I wish good luck to all of you :)

I will be checking this board for a while. It helped me a lot to complete this journey. Thanks to Rajiv.

Thanks

Congratulations !!!.

Do u know what are your name-check timelines ? When the request was sent, when the results were received etc ?

anjuvinu said:
Hi All,
Finally good news.I got my approval notice in the mail today (7/25) Notice Date is 7/21 on the approval notice . The online message still
says that "Finger prints results received..". There was no LUD recently. I filed con-currently
in EB2 with a copy of labor.(original labor was attached to some other I-140 application, which
was requested to be withdrawn when mine was filed and put the labor in my file).
I did not received any emails notifications, so it was surprise for me to see the approval
notices. I need to make info pass apptment now as per the notices.

Inquiries made:
1. On 6/15/05 I send email to div xII for I-485, and they responded that "Adjudication should occur
in 4-6 weeks". LUD changed on 485
2. Again inquired myself on July 18th, and response was "Adjudication should occur within 6 weeks". No LUDs for this inquiry

My attorney also made inquiry for I140 around 6/22/05 and the response was" The file is already with officer, and a
decision shd be made soon". Also they mentioned,if its substition case, it may take longer.

I did not received any RFEs

The priority date listed on my 485 approval notice is Feb 26,2001, which is the date for the substitution labor
which I used.

The whole process just took 1 yr for me as I used labor substituion.

I wish good luck to all of you :)

I will be checking this board for a while. It helped me a lot to complete this journey. Thanks to Rajiv.

Thanks

gcsfo,
Thanks.I don't know about name check timings for my case. The only email I sent to FBI was on June,01,2005 to find the status and did not received any reply till date.

thx

Look at what I got for the follow up on one inquiry

Below is the reply from the paralegal of my immigration lawyer (working for our company)

1. Yes, Advance Paroles and EADs for XXX and his spouse should still be
extended for the both of them. Please note that XXX 's recent travel shows
that he was admitted and paroled for one year (that is the standard for
traveling and entering on Advance Parole travel documents.) However, his
current ADVP travel document still expires on MM/DD/YYYY . This means that
after MM/DD/YYYY , he will no longer be able to travel on Advance Parole
since it is an expired travel document. Therefore, if we do not extend,
then he would have to rely on his H-1B for any international travel after
MM/DD/YYYY. This would mean that if he needs to travel internationally, he
may have to go apply for an H-1B visa at a U.S. consulate abroad in order to
enter the U.S. if he does not currently possess a valid H-1B visa in his
passport. This is also true for his spouse's Advance Parole travel document
and her H-4 visa.

2. Status of I-485 Applications - Please note that the receipt date of
their applications is 08/10/2004. Currently the USCIS CSC office is
processing I- 485 applications received on or before 04/01/2005. Therefore,
their I-485 applications are within processing. There is no basis to say
that the cases are in a blackhole unless the cases are grossly beyond
processing time for some reason due to USCIS' or government processing hang-
ups (e.g., security checks/clearances). Please note that the USCIS online
status reporting system does not always update every single
action/status/inquiry. Therefore, XXX should not be alarmed if a recent
inquiry was not updated. Frankly, XXX should not be inquiring on the status
of their I-485 applications when they are within normal processing time, as
that could only adversely affect their cases should it be pulled out of the
processing queue that it's in. In order for us to work effectively with
USCIS, we must abide by their processing standards and allow them to do
their work if/when the cases are within processing time. To submit
unwarranted inquiries would only misuse USCIS resources and therefore affect
their efficiency in processing cases. If/ when the cases are beyond
reported processing times, we will assist with the necessary inquiry
process. We highly advise XXX not to pursue any further inquires.

3. The original I-140 approval is received in our office, and a courtesy
copy of the approval should have been received by ABC Inc. I am
confirming that the original I-140 approval is in XXX's file. Please note
that XXX would not receive the I-140 approval from USCIS as the I-140
petition/approval belongs to the company (the sponsorer/petitioner), not the
beneficiary.

RIR route
I140/I485/I131/I765 RD 08/10/2004
I140 AD 3/31/05
I485 no update after finger print in 9/13/2004

that is the true copy form the paralegal.

which is totally pissing me off. any suggestion on how should I reply to them or follow up.

How can they treat their client like this rude?

Since your I-140 has been approved, you can make inquiries by yourself to CSC or ask help from congressmen.