August Concurrent filed EB2 category California

FBI Responded for Name Check - Any Interpretation?

Hi Folks,

Received a response from National Name Check Program Section for a Query I made in December 2004. I am pasting it below.

Question: Did any one receive this kind of Email & was there any progress after their response & if so what is the time frame?

-- RESPONSE--​
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Dear XYZ:

I am responding to your email dated (Sometime in Dec '04), concerning the name check status of you and your wife, ABC.

A review of the FBI's Name Check Program database revealed that a request from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for you was received on August '04 , and is currently in a pending status. You may be assured that the immigration authorities will be advised at the earliest possible date upon completion of this case.

The FBI completed a name check for your wife on August, 2004, and the results were forwarded to the USCIS Headquarters, Washington, DC.

Sincerely,
Chief

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I would really appreciate if you folks can share your experiences.
Thank you Very Much!!
KGW

Hi KillingGCWait

I recvd. a letter from the FBI NNCP program chief stating that my wife's and my request were recvd. sometime in Sept '04 and were completed in Sept '04 (for my wife) and Apr '05 for myself.

Just posting the results of my NNCP enquiry to the FBI.

Hope yours clears fast.

-buzz

KillingGCWait said:
Hi Folks,

Received a response from National Name Check Program Section for a Query I made in December 2004. I am pasting it below.

Question: Did any one receive this kind of Email & was there any progress after their response & if so what is the time frame?

-- RESPONSE--​
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Dear XYZ:

I am responding to your email dated (Sometime in Dec '04), concerning the name check status of you and your wife, ABC.

A review of the FBI's Name Check Program database revealed that a request from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for you was received on August '04 , and is currently in a pending status. You may be assured that the immigration authorities will be advised at the earliest possible date upon completion of this case.

The FBI completed a name check for your wife on August, 2004, and the results were forwarded to the USCIS Headquarters, Washington, DC.

Sincerely,
Chief

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I would really appreciate if you folks can share your experiences.
Thank you Very Much!!
KGW

Finally

Yes.......

I've FINALLY recvd. my I-485 approval. Incidentally the status online does not show even an LUD for 2005. I am leaving in 3 weeks to India - what should I do now ??

I am assuming that I will need to go to the local USCIS office for passport stamping. But is there anything else that needs to be done - or any additional paperwork (besides that I-485 approval notice) that I need to wait for ??

BTW - I did not receive my spouse's approval notice. I'm assuming that it's gotten delayed in the mail.

-buzz

ND/RD: end of august '04
FP: Somewhere in end of sept/ early oct.
EB2 - original labor

Updates CA USCIS EB2 RIR Concurrent Filing

I140/485/131/765 RD: 08/20
I485 LUD: 9/11
FP ND: 9/15
FP Received in mail: 9/17
FP APPT: 10/29
Another FP Received in mail: 9/21
FP APPT: 09/22
FP Done : 09/22
I485 LUD : 09/24
I131 Approved : 09/26
I765 Approved : 09/27
I140 : NO UPDATES, but my attorney received the I140 APPROVAL LETTER from USCIS. NO updates on USCIS Web Site. As per my attorney it happens
I485 : NO UPDATES, FAX Inquiry sent to USCIS CA 04/20/2005 NO REPLY
I485 : NO UPDATES, EMAIL Inquiry sent to USCIS CA 05/23/2005. REPLY RECEIVED 05/24/2005. Replies says "NAME CHECK RESULT AWAITED FROM FBI"

As per my attorney
- This is normal and it does take time to do name check
- They can not send any inquiry for next 6 months to USCIS
- There is no way for them to check with FBI

In a nutshell, we will continue to suffer. This is sooo frustrating.

Is there anyone in this forum who could guide me to do find more about name check process and how can I contact FBI and is it advisable ?

Thanks in advance

Thanks

Thanks hope4goodnews.

I conclude that the reason the 485s are pending is because of the name checks. Once that clears your approval should be close.

From the FBI's NNCP program I recvd an email stating that my NNCP results got cleared on Apr 2x '05. And appx after a month, I get my 485 approval notice :)

So hang in there guys.

-buzz

hope4goodnews said:
Congratulations, buzzingbee!!!

I140/485 RD: 08/17
FP Done: 9/23
485 LUD: 10/1
EAD/AP : 10/8
I140: 4/15
I485: :( :mad:

buzingbee - congrats

Can you share your priority date even if you were in the EB2 category, and also, how is everyone getting that email message from FBI NNCP saying that their name check was in process and wife's was cleared and sent out. How do you get that information and from whom ? FBI? what do i need to do? My rd is end of august. Also did you see any lud's change after fingerprinting? Did you file thru CSC?

FBI NNCP details

PD: Feb '01
LUD: Did not see any LUD. The online status still shows that the FP results have been recvd. and that processing has resumed on my case (since late '04)

Regarding the FBI email, here are the details:

email address: FBINNCP@ic.fbi.gov
-------------------------------------------------------
Subject: Results of Name Check initiated by USCIS

Dear Sir/Madam

I have recently applied for my AOS (Adjustment of Status) with the
USCIS. In that regards, I would like to check the results of any name
checks that the USCIS may have requrested for me and my wife with the
FBI. Here are our details

----------
Myself
----------
First Name: Buzz
LastName: LightYear
Middle Initial: X
DOB: xxx
Alien #: xxx
------------

My wife
------------
First Name: xxxx
LastName: xxxx
Middle Initial:
DOB: xxx
Alien #: xxx

Thanks and regards,
-buzz

artusa said:
Can you share your priority date even if you were in the EB2 category, and also, how is everyone getting that email message from FBI NNCP saying that their name check was in process and wife's was cleared and sent out. How do you get that information and from whom ? FBI? what do i need to do? My rd is end of august. Also did you see any lud's change after fingerprinting? Did you file thru CSC?

Thanks, Buzzingbee

Hi Buzzingbee,

Thanks a lot for your information! I have just sent an email to FBINNCP@ic.fbi.gov about the name check. Do you know how long does it take to get the reply from FBI?

Best regards,
h1ca

Thanks a lot buzz!

buzzingbee said:
LUD: Did not see any LUD. The online status still shows that the FP results have been recvd. and that processing has resumed on my case (since late '04)

Subject: Results of Name Check initiated by USCIS

Dear Sir/Madam

I have recently applied for my AOS (Adjustment of Status) with ------

I will try to send an email myself, but would first like to consult with my attorney. Thankyou for the format buzz. :eek:
thx
artusa

The time frame to receive a response is crazy. I had sent out 2 requests - one in november and another in december (same email to the same email address). The responded back in late april.

But the positive part is that they are very prompt and will not forget that you have emailed them for a status check. I say that because I recvd an email response about 2 days after my name check was completed (both our name check requests were recvd. in sept/oct '04 - my wife's name check was completed immediately but my name check took like 6 months or something).

The worrying part for me right now is that my wife's approval is still not here and we both are leaving for india on friday :confused:

Hope this does not cause a problem when returning. Do any of you know of people who have been in similar situations ?

-buzz

h1ca said:
Hi Buzzingbee,

Thanks a lot for your information! I have just sent an email to FBINNCP@ic.fbi.gov about the name check. Do you know how long does it take to get the reply from FBI?

Best regards,
h1ca

sent enquiry for FBI name check

thanks buzzingbee , I have also sent email to FBI asking for status of my name check. let's see what happens now.

Online status finally updated !!

Hi All

Almost a week after getting approved, the online case status for my I-485 relfects the approval.

Still waiting for my wife's approval :( even though I know her name check happened much before mine :confused:

-buzz

Passport Stamped

Finally got my passport stamped. It was smooth and painless. I took that oppurtunity to check about my wife's status as well and the officer told me that her stuff is stuck in background checks.

Hopefully that should get done soon too. :eek:

Thanks all you guys. This forum has been an excellent source of information and support. Wishing you all the very best in your GC pursuance.

-buzz

congrats buzzingbee !!

Recently my attorney did inquiry about my case. and the answer was standard "security clearance pending"..

Does anybody know if CSC will start working on application only after receiving the security clearance OR have they already processed the application and waiting for security clearance and then will just hit the "Approve" or "Deny" button or maybe RFE.

Thanks

anyone with both I-140/485 pending from august

Hi,
Just checking, who else is still waiting for both I-140/485 to be approved from aug,04.

I am waiting.....for both..
----

Want to know if USCIS has initiated name check for you?? Get in the FXXX... line!!!

buzzingbee said:

Subject: Results of Name Check initiated by USCIS....
I initiated a call to the FBI main line (Mr. Hardy's office). A lady picked up and when I mentioned I was looking for results of my name check, she said, "we are severely backlogged, to elicit a response for that query would take approximately 4-5 months! (thats to find out if USCIS has initiated a name check query with FBI).
Pls submit an email with the name, dob and alien number to the email address FBINNCP@ic.fbi.gov. "
So I guess, its 6 months before I know if USCIS has initiated a name check for my case ??!!!??

Card Recvd

Hi Guys

Just wanted to update the forum that my physical green card was received a couple of days back. I am still in India and so my close friend was checking my mails.

However there has been no update on my wife's case.

-buzz

Adjudication should occur in 4-6 weeks

Hi,
I emailed to CSC-XII.485@dhs.gov today for my 485 status(140 also pending) and got the following reply within 30 minutes.

"Adjudication should occur in 4-6 weeks"

Just wondering if they reply same to everybody....