August 2009 N-400 filers

Sad part it is almost 21 days from priority Date and No status update on FP yet, I was advised to take infopass if nothing turns out in 2 more weeks
want expert advice on this

Orginal Message

Is it normal not to receive either FP Notice or any update on the website?
its looks mine varied from normal August filers here

08/19/2009: N400 Mailed
08/20/2009: Received in Lewisville, TX
08/20/2009: Priority Date
08/24/2009: Notice Date
08/25/2009: Check Cashed
08/28/2009: Notice Recvd Date

My timeline is exact same as yours.. My status update says they mailed RFE on Sept 3rd.. I havent received anything..I came back into the US after vacation on July last week and got fingerprinted at port of entry.. I am not sure if this FP is different etc..

My timeline is exact same as yours.. My status update says they mailed RFE on Sept 3rd.. I havent received anything..I came back into the US after vacation on July last week and got fingerprinted at port of entry.. I am not sure if this FP is different etc..

oh that Intresting - what's your location
mine is Boston

Phx- The RFE letter is the fingerprint letter, I think is just the status that they use for the website, with that wording that is. The fingerprint at the port have nothing to do with the fingerprinting for the naturalization process you follow the letter when you receive it, you should be getting it any time now. Good Luck!

I also got the same RFE online update on Sep. 5 which says the RFE was sent on Sep. 3. I also checked the cases near me. It looks like all late Aug filers got the RFE message on Sep. 3 except for a few cases for which the status still shows application received. I still have not received anything in the mail yet. Some people who have the same Sep. 3 RFE status already received the FP notice in mail earlier this week. I am still waiting for mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also got the same RFE online update on Sep. 5 which says the RFE was sent on Sep. 3. I also checked the cases near me. It looks like all late Aug filers got the RFE message on Sep. 3 except for a few cases for which the status still shows application received. I still have not received anything in the mail yet. Some people who have the same Sep. 3 RFE status already received the FP notice in mail earlier this week. I am still waiting for mine.

at this point I wish it change atleast in website :rolleyes:

New to the forum - August N-400 filing

Hi All,
I sent my N-400 to Texas on August 19th. My signature has the timeline. I received the finger printing notice and it is scheduled for Oct 1st, 2009.

Walk in for FP today . In and out in 9 minutes - FLAT . ......
App Support Center : East Hartford - CT .

FP Done

FP done today for me and wife. 15 - 20 minutes flat for both from the time of appointment. In 30 minutes we were out of the building with all formalities completed - pretty impressive so far.

I have finally received the FP notice and have done the biometrics as a walk-in today.

My timeline:

DO: Sacramento, CA

08/17/2009 (Monday): Sent N-400 to Phoenix, AZ facility (Priority Mail)
08/20/2009(Thursday): N-400 application Received/ Priority Date
08/25/2009 (Tuesday): Notice of Action Date
08/26/2009(Wednesday): Notice of Action Sent/ Checks cashed
08/29/2009 (Saturday): Notice of Action Received
09/03/2009 (Thursday): RFE sent; the message appeared at 1:40a.m. on Saturday, 09/05/2009
09/08/2009 (Tuesday): FP Notice Date
09/11/2009 (Friday): FP Notice received with the appointment date 09/17/2009
09/11/2009 (Friday): FP done at Sacramento office (walk in)

A lot of Finger Print letters. Any one with interview appointment yet?
I see a few but they are really July filers, not August.