August 2009 N-400 filers

Hello everybody,

I'm so exited to be sending in my N-400 on August!!!
My 90 days before the 5 year wait will be due on August 22, but since its a Saturday, I decided i will send it on Monday, August 24.

Let's keep this thread moving. Any info is valuble.
Good luck to all of you!

lol.. columbia, you are a case. You already stamped the 24th on your timeline,,,lol.. what is your dog or cat eat up all your paperwork before the 24th?...lol...
N/B. you can still mail it now, you will still be fine.

godisgoodtome;

I'm ahead of time 1 week. I will be sending my N-400 no matter what. If my dog eats my application, I will print another copy or I can print a few now, just in case.

:)

I can't wait!

After a long Immigration Journey - since 1997- finally I sent My N-400. These forums were very helpful for my GC process. Now I want to keep visit them for this new process. So here is my data:

N-400-Based in 3 Years

Aug 07, 2009 Mailed to Lewisville Lockbox
Aug 12, 2009 Package received at Lockbox
Aug 14, 2009 Check Cashed
____---, 2009 NOA
____---, 2009 FP letter
____---, 2009 FP appt
____---, 2009 IL rec'd
____---, 200? Interview date
____---, 200? Oath Date

Money order or Personal check

Any advice?
I think MO will be faster, buy PC will be trackable.

What have you guys sent?:confused:

Colombian I think personal check is better, just make sure you have money to cover it HAHAHAHAHA j/k!

Waiting for it...

Sent mine recently was looking for feedback on Miami timing... Great community here - thanks for all the info.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any advice?
I think MO will be faster, buy PC will be trackable.

What have you guys sent?:confused:

Yes Colunmian, you might want to sent MO since you are columbian, The USCIS does not trust your checks.....lol.

Yeah checks are better if you wanna know how your case is moving.... "tracking?"

DO: Seattle, WA

08/15/09: N400 Mailed
08/17/09: Received & Priority Date
08/21/09: Application Notice
08/24/09: Check Cashed
08/27/09: Finger Print Notice
09/10/09: Finger Print Appointment (completed)

DO: Phoenix, AZ
Resident since: 11/12/04
8/15/09: Mailed N-400
8/17/09: N-400 delivered
8/20/09: NoA
8/22/09: Check cashed

my Citizenship application

I am a GC holder for the past five years. I initially got my GC through asylum. I applied few days ago for my citizenship after the 5 years wait period. When i filled the form, i chose the " 5 years of GC" instead of " 3 years married to US citizen " though i married a US citizen by birth this summer.

I live in CA and I submit my application this Aug.

my questions

- Is my application processed as a wife of a US citizen or an asylee ?

- Is my application is sent to NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER due to the name change i requested to change my last name to my Husband's last name?

- Will the process change just because I am married to citizen?

- How long does the whole process take?

thanks
K

I am a GC holder for the past five years. I initially got my GC through asylum. I applied few days ago for my citizenship after the 5 years wait period. When i filled the form, i chose the " 5 years of GC" instead of " 3 years married to US citizen " though i married a US citizen by birth this summer.

my questions

- Is my application is sent to NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER due to the name change i requested to change my last name to my Husband's last name?

thanks
K

check the following pages out;

1. http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/N-400ins.pdf

2. http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis

For the name change you will have to include documentation when filling your N-400 and also they might make you wait till you appear for interview before making that official. Some people change their names on the day of oat.....lol
Good luck.

You need to close one status to start another

my questions

thanks
K

Your application will be processed as an asylee if that what your Green Card says.
The name change will make your application a little longer, but not much.

I've heard that the total process time is between 100 and 120 days.

Got FP Notice but Not RFE notice

As mentioned earlier, self and spouse had rfe's raised on 08/11/09 (notified via email) but no sign of it yet in the mail but we got out fp appointment mails dated 08/13/09 yesterday. I think the system message is wrongly worded (as noted elsewhere in the forum). Can any one verify if this message changes a few days after the FP is done. Our FP is scheduled for the 26th. I'll post my experience and if the message changes after a couple of days of the FP.

Your timeline is not moving

Godisgoodtome:

You sent your application on August 7th and you have not heard from them? Has your check been cashed?, Was your application received? 10 days have pased!

:confused:

Please update us!