August 2009 family based filers post here

Thanks swtblcn23 and everyone else on here. Our interview was this morning and I was approved!

We arrived 40 minutes early and were out of the building within a half hour, nice and speedy. Ladies, go light on the accessories because you have to take them off to go through the metal detector, men same thing with belts. And be prepared to pull your pant legs up to show the tops of your boots! The Dallas office hands out pagers and we only had to wait for 10 minutes before ours went off.

The interview was short and sweet. The IO asked very few questions. Had we been married before? Do we have any kids? When did I last enter the US? What documentation did I show at the border? Then he had me confirm my full name, birth date, address and cell number. He wanted to see the originals of our birth certificates and marriage certificate, passports, social security cards and driver's licenses, and copies of our joint bills. He took 4 photos from an album I'd put together and that was it! Then the IO said, "I'm going to approve you today and you should receive your card in the mail in 3 weeks." He added the disclaimer about the green card being conditional and told me not to leave the US until I had the card in hand.

Good luck to everyone still waiting!:D

Thats good to hear man, I have mine in Dallas as well. Was yours in Irving? I have my interview on 11/30.

hey guys ,i received IL for 15th December and i am a little bit worried. Me and my husband have no joint health insurance as we have no insurance, car insurance-they told him we cant have it joint unless i have US driving licence and i still have not such.He moved the apartment before me ,so the lease is only on his name,the utilities also. All we have is joint bank account which we opened back in may and our family plan on cell phones.But we had big wedding with many pictures and friends ,we keep our cards we sent to each other in the past when i was back to my country and we can print out his ticket when he came to visit me in europe ,also tickets that we went together to Rome, Do you think this will be enough for the interview as a proof of our true marriage?
I think you'll be fine don't worry! Just explain to IO if you are asked why you don't have joint car insurance or lease.

I made an Infopass appointment tomorrow morning (7:30am!) to talk to someone about rescheduling the interview due to hubby's school exams. I just want to make sure there is documentation of me visiting Info Pass, so we don't run into any problems.

I wanted to ask, do I need to bring anything with me to explain the situation to the infopass representative? Would a copy of hubby's exam schedule suffice?

After calling the USCIS 1-800 number, I was told that academic reasons are a valid reason for re-scheduling the interview.

I plan to bring all other documentation, including IL.

infiniti05, yeah it was Irving. Very laid back experience, all things considered. Easy to find, too. If you haven't been there before you access the parking lot from the west - off Longhorn Drive. They even have signage off of main arteries, even Beltline - muy helpful. We got there way early - be prepared to wait outside if you're too early. The security guard hummed and hawed, checked the time on his iphone before deciding to let us in - much to the chagrin of a couple who were waiting outside, who had the same appointment time as us and had been turned away for being too early. Once you go through the metal detector go up the stairs (no one told us that part) and you'll get your pager, based upon when you arrived rather than your appointment time. Our short interview seemed to be the norm, based on the couples we saw during our 15-minute wait. Families took longer. The room was hot (lots of glass in that building) and there's a water fountain and restrooms in case you need it. Our IO asked for copies of our passports and driver's licenses, even though they were part of the application package so you might want to have those handy. (I think his name was Feng Quay. Nice guy.) Best of luck to you!

congrats mapleleaf16 and genayaku =)

bella, good luck!

theadder, I wouldn't worry, after my experience last week I think you've got enough. My husband bought land, built a home, had utilities hooked up, etc all in his name long before we'd ever met. We have joint bank account statements and a mobile family plan, plus a few more things you guy don't, but we also have separate health insurance. During the interview the IO asked if we had any evidence to submit and I gave him the same stack of account statements and a phone bill that were already in the file (I grabbed the wrong ones). He didn't even look at them, just put a big red mark across them and stuffed them in the folder. Take the photos and correspondence, but maybe start with the statements and phone bill and hand the rest over if the IO asks for more. I dragged all of the wedding receipts with me but he declined them when I offered them up. Afterwards my husband joked that he thought I was going to just keep pushing more and more paper at the IO. LOL, I was nervous, what can I say?! I'm confident you'll be fine.

Hi all! I need help.
How long does it take to receive interview notice for Green Card after fingerprint?
I'm an International students with F-1 Visa. I've been in U.S since 08/2007 and living with my husband until 08/2009, we got married.
_________
09/15/09: I-485, I-765, I-130, I-131, G846, G-846A mailed to Chicago. (I'm from Mississippi)
09/23/09: Received notice receipt
10/25/09: Call USCIS to ask why I have not received anything
10/29/09: Receive Fingerprint notice scheduled on 11/12/09
11/12/09: Done biometrics.
Waiting...

update

we went for interview on the 10th. only two other couples were there othervise it was all empty building. first thing officer said there is only one affidavit in lieu of birth certificate and demanded another one.then he went over all the questions on the i-485.and changed the last name when we asked. finally, he said he will make the decision after we submit the affidavit.which we provided same day. no anyother tough question were asked.
on the evening of 12th we got text message on cell about case updated.when we checked email,it says card was ordered.
thanx for all your help and good luck for your casesGod bless you!

Congratulations paramvir1! 2 days before my interview! :eek: My spouse and I went through all documents needed last night. I believe we are ready. :rolleyes:We are driving tomorrow afternoon to my DO and spend the night. I can't wait! :D

Congrats to all! And sending good vibes to those still waiting.

Permanent resident card arrived in today's mail! The end... for now =)

Quick question RAJ

CONGRATULATIONS sag408!!!!!!!!!!!!

When you filled for parents did you sent application through courier ? If I want to send I 130 ( CP processing ) for my parents which address should I send. I am from Los angelos CA. I want to do courier.

Yes, i did FEDEX them and the address for couriers and express deliveries irrespective of your location is

USCIS
Attn: FBAS
131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517

Thanks and Good Luck. Do you mind if i ask you the name of the Consulate for your Consular Processing....

When you filled for parents did you sent application through courier ? If I want to send I 130 ( CP processing ) for my parents which address should I send. I am from Los angelos CA. I want to do courier.

will do for mumbai

Yes, i did FEDEX them and the address for couriers and express deliveries irrespective of your location is

USCIS
Attn: FBAS
131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517

Thanks and Good Luck. Do you mind if i ask you the name of the Consulate for your Consular Processing....

My parents are from Guj so will do mumbai.

Received Interview Letter

I130 and I485 (for mother)
August 12th - Mailed to Chicago
August 18th - Received NOA
August 27th - Received RFE (Missing Birth Certificate for mother)
September 23rd - Fingerprinting Done
October 26th - Responded to RFE (Had to get NABC from Chennai)
November 16th - Received Interview Letter for January 5th (Hartford, CT)

No word on I130...

GC approved!

Hi guys! My husband and I went to our interview this morning and we passed! :D Yay! After waiting for an hour, we were called in by the IO who looked nice and friendly. He let us in his office and have us sworn in. He then asked for our DL and passports. He asked for my full name, birthdate, and address. Then he said that my fingerprints are not clear although I did it twice at my ASC. He even looked at my fingers LOL! He asked me if I have been arrested I said "No, sir." Any speeding tickets? "Nope." He then asked me to get a police clearance from my neighborhood just to make sure that I did not commit any crime. But later on, he changed his mind and said he will just run a name check.

When asked about my son, he said make sure to bring him here before he turns 18 otherwise there will be a very long wait for a visa number. My husband was asked for his name, SSN, and birthdate. The IO asked my husband how did we meet, when did we started dating, how long were we engaged. Also asked if he have met any of my family, if he talked to them, etc. He asked for our birth certificates, marriage certificate and my husband recent employment certificate.

Finally, he said after I run a name check and your cleared, you will receive your GC in the mail in the next two weeks or two months.

So it was short and sweet! He didn't even looked at the album that I brought! In fact, he returned all the pictures we submitted with our application. Haha!

Good luck to all those who are waiting for their interview! Thank you guys! By the way, I got an email that USCIS ordered production of my GC today at 4pm. So I guess I don't have a criminal record LOL! Woohoo!! :cool:;)

By the way, I got an email that USCIS ordered production of my GC today at 4pm.

Congrats! I had my interview yesterday in the morning as well, and still haven't got any update. Is it normal since the IO said I should get an email update from uscis prior to leaving his office.

Thanks!

CONGRATULATIONS swtblcn23!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi guys! My husband and I went to our interview this morning and we passed! :D Yay! After waiting for an hour, we were called in by the IO who looked nice and friendly. He let us in his office and have us sworn in. He then asked for our DL and passports. He asked for my full name, birthdate, and address. Then he said that my fingerprints are not clear although I did it twice at my ASC. He even looked at my fingers LOL! He asked me if I have been arrested I said "No, sir." Any speeding tickets? "Nope." He then asked me to get a police clearance from my neighborhood just to make sure that I did not commit any crime. But later on, he changed his mind and said he will just run a name check.

When asked about my son, he said make sure to bring him here before he turns 18 otherwise there will be a very long wait for a visa number. My husband was asked for his name, SSN, and birthdate. The IO asked my husband how did we meet, when did we started dating, how long were we engaged. Also asked if he have met any of my family, if he talked to them, etc. He asked for our birth certificates, marriage certificate and my husband recent employment certificate.

Finally, he said after I run a name check and your cleared, you will receive your GC in the mail in the next two weeks or two months.

So it was short and sweet! He didn't even looked at the album that I brought! In fact, he returned all the pictures we submitted with our application. Haha!

Good luck to all those who are waiting for their interview! Thank you guys! By the way, I got an email that USCIS ordered production of my GC today at 4pm. So I guess I don't have a criminal record LOL! Woohoo!! :cool:;)

NVC Payment Site Login Failed!!!!!!!

This morning my login failed to the NVC payment site.

Thanks,
Raj

Congrats! I had my interview yesterday in the morning as well, and still haven't got any update. Is it normal since the IO said I should get an email update from uscis prior to leaving his office.

Thanks!

Thank you Jacob24 and raj456!

Jacob, Is there any update on your case yet? Based on what I have read here in this forum (forgot which thread though), there were some that didn't get any decision whatsoever after the interview but eventually got an email from USCIS ordering card production of GC. Hopefully you'll get yours soon :)