AUG/SEPT/OCT 2005 AOR - Buffalo Timelines

kowojori2000

Registered Users (C)
Hey Everyone :) ,
Zad & Co has been wonderful & since they are mostly in the last phases of their application, I decided to start a new thread for folks with Aug/Sept/Oct '05 AOR. I hope people in this category will post their timelines so we can help/advice/encourage one another as we approach recieving IA. Mine is below.

CAT: SW
APPL: JULY '05
AOR: AUG '05
English Tests: None

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine is

APPL:Aug 05
AOR: Aug 05
Letter for english test: Sep 05
English test taken: Nov 05
Score received by Buffalo office: Dec 05
IA: Sep 06 (Need to submit Medical, updated bank statement, updated FBI check, PCC from India, Criminal History Check from New Jersey State).

Hey GC,
Did you submit police clearances with your original appl.? Just wondering why they want you to submit new ones (especially the one from India)....

kowojori2000 said:
Hey GC,
Did you submit police clearances with your original appl.? Just wondering why they want you to submit new ones (especially the one from India)....
I submitted the FBI clearance only with my app and not India PCC but buffalo asked me to re-submit the FBI clearance also.

IA Notification

It took 14 months exactly but at last I got my IA today! There was a funny twist as I had to send an email enquiry to Buffalo on friday Sept 22nd., I got a reply email on monday Sept. 25th that a letter is being sent to me the same day! Was the timing of my email enquiry a coincidence or did it trigger the response (considering that I've waited 14 months!), I may never know. I'm just glad my case is moving forward..... :D !

Timeline

IA: October 4, 2006
Interview: Waived
Additional Docs: Medicals, Updated bank stmt, '04 & '05 tax returns requested

Timeline

Medicals done: October 17, 2006
Additional documents sent: November 4, 2006

Congratulations man; all is well that ends well! You can now change that brown frowning face icon (on your previously denied I-140) to the yellow smiling face or the green toothy happy face icon! lol..

kowojori2000 said:
Congratulations man; all is well that ends well! You can now change that brown frowning face icon (on your previously denied I-140) to the yellow smiling face or the green toothy happy face icon! lol..
Thanks.

I recvd PP request today!!!

Timeline

PPR: December 5, 2006

Passport sent

Timeline

PP Sent: December 7, 2006

I've applied for PR early Sep 2005 and gone through IELTS, Medical, PCC and all that whatever was needed to keep it alive. Finally, I received a voice message (2 days back) from office of Canadian Consulate at Buffalo, NY stating that my application processing is done and they are sending me instructions in the email about PPR.

An hour later, I've received an email for PPR that states some timelines (2 weeks) for me to send my Passports and Landing fee. It is referring to an attachment "Attached is our Landing Fee and passport request letter with instructions", which is missing in the email.

I replied on email same day to send me an attachment again as I don't see any attachment. But no reply so far.

My questions for Guru's or anybody who have gone through this:
Is this usual to receive electronic communication about this?
Is there place to locate this instructions/form on CIC website?
Can someone please send me electronic version of the instructions/form?

Any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated.

--VIK

Questions

GChelp123 said:
Received stamped passport on Nov 24th.
I am in the last stages of my application.
I was wondering what the deadline is to enter CAnada? Do they give you six months, a year, ?

Also, can you just enter and come back to the states and keep the PR for Canada ? Or when you enter do you have to move there?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

it is 1 year from your medicals. so if you get your passport stamped after 9 months of your medicals, you will have to land in 3 months.
You can enter and come back to states to complete your PR formalities. However if you want to maintain PR, you have to be physically present in Canada for 2 yrs in a 5 yr frame.

Hey Buddy,
I also recvd an email but it was about the same day that I recvd the PPR in the mail. My guess is that you will recv the hard copy of the PPR docs in the mail anytime from now. I also think that time is of the essence especially at this time of the year (with the holidays coming), so the email might be to give you a heads-up before the mail comes. I don't think the instructions/form is available on the CIC website. I can forward you a copy of my instructions/form (the e-version) if you can post your email addy. However, I'll strongly suggest you only use the one they sent you as this forms/instructions might be applicant-specific - for instance, I sent my landing fees with the add'l docs request, so there was no mention of that in the instructions sent to me. The Buffalo consulate usually responds to email enquiries within 48 hrs, so I wll advise you to give it a little time. Cheers.

Congrates...
kowojori2000 said:
I recvd PP request today!!!

Timeline

The expiry date on my visa is Oct 07 (It's almost a year from the medicals). Thomas, thanx for answering the other questions.

ohioperm said:
I am in the last stages of my application.
I was wondering what the deadline is to enter CAnada? Do they give you six months, a year, ?

Also, can you just enter and come back to the states and keep the PR for Canada ? Or when you enter do you have to move there?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Update for Buddy007

Hey Buddy,
I spoke to a friend of mine some minutes ago, & he just recvd the same email that you did. His email seems to suggest that CIC is notifying some of PPR electronically, without sending out the actual letters in the mail. His email stated that since he will not be getting a gray envelope (which is normally sent with the mail notification), he should properly mark the envelope he uses to send his passport. They also advised him to print & include the email with his passport when he sends it (they asked me to include the letter that I recvd in the mail). His attachment is a .wpd file, like mine. He is going ahead to print the attachment & send his passport as requested. I hope this helps.

NB: Thanks GC!!

Thanks kowojori2000!

Thank you for your prompt reply. As you initially advised, I was still waiting for my email reply from Buffalo. Even after 4 business days, I did not receive any. I didn't receive anything in postal mail either.

I've received similar email as you have mentioned that your friend has received, except I'm missing .wpd attachment. Is there a way your friend or you could send me an attachment at my email? I don't know how important it could be but I don't want to miss anything before I send something confidential like Passports. If not attachment may be if you can send me as text message embedded in the email.

I've sent you my email id as a private message to you.

Thanks again!
--Vik