Attn: Delaware - I485 filers

rajeshp_2000

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I talked to five different filers who filed I-485 from DE in Jan,Feb,Apr,May,June of 2002 about their 2nd finger prints. So far nobody has received their notice for 2nd finger print. All off them gave their first finger prints in June or July of 2002. As of now I live in PA, but I have filled my I-485 when I was in DE.

All our first finger prints were expired a year ago. I tried to contact the senator in PA. But they couldn't help me a lot.

Does anybody in DE got their 2nd fp notice recently. I would like track all I-485 applications filed from DE in early 2002 in this thread.

Rd: 02/12/2004
nd: 03/04/2002

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting

I am a Delaware filer although my I-485 RD is much later than you folks (October 2002). My first FP was done in Jan 2003. No word on second FP notice yet.

Tim

Hi,

I contacted senator Thomas carper's office. I talked to a very nice lady by name 'Marjorie Biles'. Since I moved to PA they couldn’t help me any more. I think we all can talk to the same person in the senator’s office and inform them that this is a state wide problem, they may shed more light on this issue.

Count me in

That was excellent tracking, good efforts. At least somewhere we see a pattern !

My I-485 was filed through DE and Fingerprinting in June 2002, no 2nd FP

RD 02/15/2002
RFE received Sept 4, 2002
RFE responded October 14, 2002

Status Inquiry initiated on July 28, 2004
Standard response saying due to lack of resources, no control

Thanks and hope we can work something out!!!!

whatwhenwhy

I also filed my I-485 in DE. My first FP was done on Oct-2002. No 2nd FP notice. Contacted senator office, without any help.

RD, 08-18-02
ND,08-28-02

Hi Jsmith,

I tried in Philadelphia. But it didn't work. They simply rejected my request.

I think they are doing some re-organization at the Dover office. Because in 2002 Dover had only one office at MCD drive location. But now it has separate office for finger printing at 655 South Bay Road location. I don't know when they opened that office.

whatwhenwhy

hi whatwhenwhy,

Your RD is very close to mine. Atleast you got an RFE. I din't even get it. Are you still in DE.

rajeshp_2000, no I have moved to south Jersey recently,

Filed AR-11, confirmed that address has been updated, got a new EAD after change of address

So far 6 people

So far I see at least six cases in this forum who haven't received their 2fps.

Rajeshp_2000
Tim Wills
Jsmith888666
whatwhenwhy
Taffiny
imramesh

I will ask some my friends who are not the members of this portal to register and post their details. If you know some body, please encourage them to post their details too.

We have to do something about this. We can contact a senator’s office in DE and explain that this is a DE specific problem that they need to address to USCIS.

I have noticed too that many DE applicants are in the same situation. Is there any recourse for us? I think we should come together and send a common letter to the senators and congressman for help.

RD 03/12/02
FP1 05/17/02

We should send a letter to VSC director also

Blessings,

You are right! We should a send letter to the congressman and senators of DE.

We can also send a letter to the VSC director indicating that this is clearly a service center error and they should look into it.

I am also thinking about seeking help from Mr.Khanna. He may suggest some other way to us.

rajeshp_2000 said:
Blessings,

You are right! We should a send letter to the congressman and senators of DE.

We can also send a letter to the VSC director indicating that this is clearly a service center error and they should look into it.

I am also thinking about seeking help from Mr.Khanna. He may suggest some other way to us.

Hi all,
I might not be the correct person in this group because I am waiting for my first FP while rest of you all are waiting for 2 FP.
I am from Delaware too.

I have seen other people apply 485 after me and get the first FP's . I have
contacted the senator to see what wrong. Will keep posting if I hear any thing.

My Green Card Story
I 140 AD 03/13/2003

I 485
RD 07/22/2003 ND 08/01/2003

I 765 - First time
RD 07/22/2003 ND 08/01/2003 RFE 01/22/2004 RFE RD 01/29/2004
IEAD 05/04/2004 AP 06/03/2004 ( 307 days )

I131
RD 07/22/2003 ND 08/01/2003 RFE 01/22/2004 RFE RD 01/29/2004
AP 06/03/2004 ( 307 days )

Any GC approvals for 2002 Delaware cases??

Are you folks aware of anyone who filed their I-485 application from Delaware in 2002 and got approved?

This is really weird. I stay in Dover. I think I will drive down to the INS center here and see if they can shed any light on the situation.

I think it is a good idea to get together and send a letter to the 'concerned' authorities.

Tim

I like your idea of getting together (meeting somewhere in DE) and discuss our problem and send letter.

Good idea, I agree with you. we should come together and send a common letter to the senators, congressman and Vermont CIS. We should take action for our issue.

I found this information in FAQ thread

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=105154

Q-7:If my fingerprints expire, can you contact the Service Center and ask them to reschedule me for new fingerprints?

The BCIS has advised us that this will be in the hands of the officer assigned to adjudicate your application and that we cannot request a new fingerprinting appointment. If the adjudication officer determines that the fingerprints have expired, s/he will order that a date be set to schedule a new fingerprint appointment. On a system-wide level, the CSC has stated that it is working on identifying applicants with expired fingerprints in order to schedule new fingerprint appointments. However, there is no guarantee that this will happen. Please note that there is currently no mechanism for attorneys or their clients to alert the CSC and request new fingerprint appointments. None of the other Service Centers have indicated that they will take any such action.

- Looks like contacting a senator/congressman or VSC director is the only hope.