Attitudes at representative's office II

michal

Registered Users (C)
Several people have wondered why some applications are approved sooner than other whether it is luck or what.

Well yesterday I received a call triggered by an e-mail I sent to area representative about I-485 backlog. The lady informed me that TSC is and has been for some time employing contract workers to do the paperwork, some in her opinion do not even speak good English.

She also said the representative's office has been working on the backlogs for last 15 years yet at the same time she was not completely convinced that we the ones on I-485 really deserve any break. When I told her that we are required to stay in same job category on average for 3-4 years, she said yes that is a little too long.

Well the only way to convince these people is through education.

Educate them friends they will eventually get it:
www.congress.org

Michal.

michal:

While I think that bringing congress and media awareness to the EB immigration nightmare is one of the workable avenues for simplifying and speeding up the process, I can not believe that a congressional aid working on immigration issues for 15 years is not informed about the problems we are facing. Also who are the bad English speaking contractors - maybe some USCIS activities have been outsourced overseas! :eek:

It looks like this lady is not only uninformed, but also biased towards bad-English speaking "aliens".

It is better to focus ones efforts on pushing the pro-immigrant politicians (look at Kashmir's success in CSC), instead of waisting time and energy with the anti-immigrant bunch.

who knows

The lady refered to latino contract workers as not even speaking good English, which with all respects is more than likely true for TSC, the way these I-485 applications are being processed.

As far as whether she herself or the representative is biased I am pretty sure they are not because it was their office that helped me in a visa related matter before.

So her position surprised me.

What did Kashmir do in CSC?

Michal.

It is sad, but the last two-three years of economic uncertainty pushed a lot of ignorant americans to the anti-immigration camp.

You can see a list of the wonderful job Kashmir and others are doing in the CSC area at:

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=85662

Through sympatetic pro-immigrant politicians they have managed to get a written explanation and backlog reduction plan from the CSC director. There are also a lot of other long term efforts worth fighting for, just look at the list.

That is a biased and a racial comment by a congressperson's office staff. She needs to be admonished.

Michal your post also seems to justify that opinion.
I hope it was A mere speculation . Was she trying to say to you that since you speak with an accent you dont deserve to be an immigrant?
I would have raised a hue and cry, If I were you.:eek:

My take on this:

(I'll ignore the language/racial issue for now)

How long she had been working in the field was totally irrelevant to the conversation, and added to that her saying the she wasn't sure if people waiting for I485 adjunctiation deserve a break means that she's been on the job for too long, and has become numb of the bureaucracy. Its similar to a war veteran saying about violence on TV 'do you think _that_ is violence? you aint seen nothin' yet!'. It is almost patronizing and that is very unprofessional.

Besides that, when the director of the USCIS has stated in interviews three years ago that when he was appointed by the president, he pledged to reduce the backlog to 6 months, but has actually managed to increase them, then why are we not entitled to be upset about that and deserve to be treated better?

Sigh.