Attention!! Please help!! A US citizen dad refuses to apply for his daughter GREEN CARD!! HELP!!

OMFSmolar

Registered Users (C)
Hi Everyone!

I'm trying to help a 21-year old girl who is my dear friend. This is her story:

She was born in China. Her father divorced her mom and came to the US. Her father remarried and now have 2 sons. When her father applied for green card many many years ago, he did not report that he has a daughter in China. Her mom raised her up all by herself without any financial assistance from her dad.

My friend came to Michigan 4 years ago for her undergrad. Since her father is a US citizen now (needs to be confirmed), she's wondering if she can apply for a GREEN CARD. However, her father does not agree to apply GC for her because he once LIED to the US government that he has NO KID in China.

My questions are:

1. Can we get a case here? Is she eligible to apply for a family based green card?
2. Her father obviously resists this idea (he verbally and physically abused her). What can we do?

I posted this question on behalf of her and we want to see what are some of her options now.

I have little knowledge on immigration to help her. So your advices are greatly appreciated and welcomed.

Thank you in advance.

She can't force him to file for her. There is no law that requires parents in the US to file immigration petitions for their noncitizen children, not even their minor children.

And even if he willingly filed for her, his fraud would be exposed which could cause him to lose his green card or citizenship, which then would cause her green card application to be rejected.

So it looks like there is no hope here.

The most she can do is help her mother to sue him for unpaid child support. I figure the birth certificate (if his name is on it) and marriage certificate could be used to start a court case against him (and force him to do a DNA test if he denies paternity).

Last edited by a moderator:
My children are US citizens can I apply for citizenship through them.

I am an Egyptian. I resided in the states for 12 years with my husband then. Had 3 children from him and are now they are currently residing in the states. While he shipped me back to Egypt and then divorced me.
My parents confiscated my passport and green card. I have been stuck in Egypt for 4 years in Egypt.
Now my question is I want to apply for citizenship through my children since they are all american citizens and my oldest child is going to be 18 next year. Can I be eligible for that citizenship?

However, her father does not agree to apply GC for her because he once LIED to the US government that he has NO KID in China.
Please describe how this lie helped him to qualify illegally on the path to citizenship. This is really a seldom situation. If it did not, his lie would not hurt him.
Can I be eligible for that citizenship? .
Is it legal to leave Egypt without a passport?

Please describe how this lie helped him to qualify illegally on the path to citizenship. This is really a seldom situation. If it did not, his lie would not hurt him.

Applicants for green cards and citizenship are required to list all their children.

If the US government discovered that lie during his green card or citizenship process, they would have denied his application.

Listing children is particularly important for citizenship, because if you have children who don't live with you, you have to prove that you supported them financially (or that a court declared you don't have to provide support). By falsely claiming not to have children, he evaded the child support issue which could have disqualified him from citizenship if he failed to provide the required support.

I am an Egyptian. I resided in the states for 12 years with my husband then. Had 3 children from him and are now they are currently residing in the states. While he shipped me back to Egypt and then divorced me.
My parents confiscated my passport and green card. I have been stuck in Egypt for 4 years in Egypt.
Now my question is I want to apply for citizenship through my children since they are all american citizens and my oldest child is going to be 18 next year. Can I be eligible for that citizenship?

You have a very different situation that the subject of this thread. Please start a separate thread: http://forums.immigration.com/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=39