Attached is the Complaint we have filed

Status
Not open for further replies.
VALID 6+ Months EAD or 6+ Months H1 is needed in New Jersey State.

Else you won't get renewed. That too you have to renew your DL within one month of expiry of the DL. Any delay will charge you $190/- or may lose your DL.

thanks
Sg

Keep talking

Let me see if we can add this on. Let us continue to post about poeples' experience in various States.

Mr. Khanna
It is, really a Big & Bold step, towards the future both immigration and immigrants. In this connection, in my opinion, AILA should help you in your efforts as a token of appreciation and coordination...

Mr. Khanna,

In California getting interim EAD is a mystery for concurrent filers. some people are getting EAD after 90 days of their filing date if there is no RFE (this procedure is consistent with earlier
BCIS announcement about EAD). some people are not getting EAD with no reason. simple answer people can expect from BCIS employee is application is on hold. they don't give any reason why application is on hold and there is no RFE. It will be nice if they apply some standard procedure for all applications.

In last 2 months CSC has changed I140 timings from 180 to 300 days and 300 days to 360 days. There is no wonder if they change the dates again in couple of weeks to buy more time.The report CSC publish on web is not accurate and every month the changes they make don't give any helpful information to applicants. some times they move forward and some times they move backwards. For example for EB2 they are moving dates between May 2003 to July 2003.

all these problems are not related to BCIS funding and these are happening because of lack of responsibility in BCIS authorities. I guss, they don't need any additional funding to adopt a standard procedure.

you are very generous with immigration community by filing this lawsuit and we all really appreciate your efforts in this matter. It will be great if you can bring these concerns to proper authorities.

Thanks once again

VCB

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Everybody,

Rajiv Sir deserves appriciation for the Honesty, Hardwork and mainly the interest he is taking for the real cause(eg. backlog delays).

It will be great if all of us ask our own immi. atternoys to fight for the same cause or support this effort with interest and honesty for the speedy processs of the respective clients.

Simply our appriciations does not solve the problem..we need to involve init.

thanks
Sg

Thank you Sir

Dear Mr Khanna,

by your action,You have showed us what it is to truly fight for justice against this government mandated repression.

We hope that the judge hears the all horror stories and punishes the guilty to the fullest extent and ensures that they cannot do this ever again to anyone and i even hope they put punitive measures holding everyone accountable and extend the punishment on a retroactive basis to be held accountable for this.

by delaying this process so unreasonably they have curtailed the wings of freedom and violated basic human rights.

i hope the judges and the government do something against such a cruel system that holds us in fear every day.

if this is truly america,justice will prevail and i thank you for standing up for the rights of the opressed

may god be with you

Originally posted by assur
Mr. Khanna
It is, really a Big & Bold step, towards the future both immigration and immigrants. In this connection, in my opinion, AILA should help you in your efforts as a token of appreciation and coordination...

We have not contacted AILA, nor do I see any need to. I find it difficult to work with our own association (AILA) in community matters. I have tried before.

Originally posted by operations
We have not contacted AILA, nor do I see any need to. I find it difficult to work with our own association (AILA) in community matters. I have tried before.

Got you, sir.
Courage & dedication, then it could be difficult BUT NOT impossible to succeed. You will WIN.

Mr Khanna,
Like everyone around here, I first want to express my sincere appreciatiation to you for stepping up and fighting for us... you do know how many souls you are touching and how much hope you have filled in our hearts don't you?

It makes me think at the same time though - I-485 backlog has long been a serious problem (nowadays I-140 is too!), why hasn't there been one single lawsuit like this all these years? Do we expect more similar actions taken by others following your footsteps? What impact and what changes - realistically - can we expect from this or these lawsuits?

Thanks again, best wishes...

proposal for interim relief

Dear Mr. Khanna,

I would like to suggest that you consider requesting interim relief for those who have been waiting more than 2 years and also measures to speed up the processing to 6 months within 6 months.

They will raise "security concerns" in their defense,so we could suggest a one year conditional green card pending security clearance as the person is here anyway in legal status (due to filing of adjustment)
and then a automatic 10 year card as they issue instead of delaying this for 3 years. This will not impact anything at all

also the question of citizenship relief could be considered. a person who has suffered for 3 years,assuming he is granted approval soon would have LOST 3 years of time to apply for citizenship due to illegal delays by uscis The chance of holding a US passport is delayed by 3 years,so is the right to vote, or apply for nice govt jobs that need clearance.

please consider requesting future relief by suggesting that anyone who is a permanent resident should be allowed to apply for citizenship if he has lived in this country for over 10 years in complete legal status and has no serious criminal offences. Why do they need to consider 5 years after what has already been a 5 year delay in processing permanent residence

Thank you for the good work.

Thanks Mr. Khanna.

I'm still amazed that I have not seen any news on this case on the immigration sites run by other attorneys.

We all pray your the success of this case.

Re: proposal for interim relief

Originally posted by functionalalert
Dear Mr. Khanna,

I would like to suggest that you consider requesting interim relief for those who have been waiting more than 2 years and also measures to speed up the processing to 6 months within 6 months.

They will raise "security concerns" in their defense,so we could suggest a one year conditional green card pending security clearance as the person is here anyway in legal status (due to filing of adjustment)
and then a automatic 10 year card as they issue instead of delaying this for 3 years. This will not impact anything at all

also the question of citizenship relief could be considered. a person who has suffered for 3 years,assuming he is granted approval soon would have LOST 3 years of time to apply for citizenship due to illegal delays by uscis The chance of holding a US passport is delayed by 3 years,so is the right to vote, or apply for nice govt jobs that need clearance.

please consider requesting future relief by suggesting that anyone who is a permanent resident should be allowed to apply for citizenship if he has lived in this country for over 10 years in complete legal status and has no serious criminal offences. Why do they need to consider 5 years after what has already been a 5 year delay in processing permanent residence

Thank you for the good work.
I think some of the suggestions like issuing an iterim green card and asking for a specific time frame for processing I-485 make sense and actually is a way out for USCIS. Mr. Khanna, please tell us what you think. Legally is it possible to include these points in the litigation?

Originally posted by elcid2000
Thanks Mr. Khanna.

I'm still amazed that I have not seen any news on this case on the immigration sites run by other attorneys.

We all pray your the success of this case.

It all comes down to this: If you send it to them, they MAY publish it. Example: I sent it to Siskind and it is in the news Bytes.

Re: Re: proposal for interim relief

Originally posted by PhillyJulyLC
I think some of the suggestions like issuing an iterim green card and asking for a specific time frame for processing I-485 make sense and actually is a way out for USCIS. Mr. Khanna, please tell us what you think. Legally is it possible to include these points in the litigation?

I do not believe the court has the authority to order this. But if we can get the govt to talk with us and the community, may be we can settle this matter without wasting the court's time. Let us see. From tomorrow, we will be working on the next set of documents that need to be filed.

Originally posted by PhillyJulyLC
Mr Khanna,
Like everyone around here, I first want to express my sincere appreciatiation to you for stepping up and fighting for us... you do know how many souls you are touching and how much hope you have filled in our hearts don't you?

It makes me think at the same time though - I-485 backlog has long been a serious problem (nowadays I-140 is too!), why hasn't there been one single lawsuit like this all these years? Do we expect more similar actions taken by others following your footsteps? What impact and what changes - realistically - can we expect from this or these lawsuits?

Thanks again, best wishes...

The govt. claims that there is no clear right under the law to get timely adjudication. That is the main reason we have not seen suits like this before. If the courts feel we have such a right, it would open up a world of rouble for CIS. So, the way I see it, CIS will have two choices: fight to death or settle with us as soon as possible. Let us hope they choose to something constructive. At the very least, such lawsuits will have the effect of getting the agencies' attention. Thanks you all for your encouragement and support. It means a lot to us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Mr Khanna,

All of us wish to see some flicker of light at the end of the long tunnel. This litigation is renewing hope among us. Every word of the lawsuit expresses nothing but truth and agony of thousands like us. We do not have enough words to thank you.

WE SHALL OVERCOME - WE SHALL OVERCOME.

One questions:

- In Para 51 you mentioned that Congress intended processing (of AOS) in less than 180 days. Is that suggestive or mandatory on the part of CIS? If it is suggestive will the Mandamus hold ?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.