Attached is the Complaint we have filed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I485/EAD

I believe EAD should not be needed for employment based applications. The application is filed based on employment and the applicant should at least be able to work!

Or may be it should be issued automatically which the receipt notice and be valid during the whole I485 process.

Re: Minimum demand for us to settle.

Originally posted by ClevelandGuru
Here is what I would be willing to settle for.

1. After 6 months of filing I 485. There shouldn't be any restriction on the job. An applicant should be allowed to switch job and the salary and job responsibilties shouldn't matter. Just like a Green card holder. If the applicant gets laid off, the processing should still continue.

2. An EAD and a Travel Document (Advance Parole) should be automatically issued after 6 months of filing I 485. This should be valid for a period equal to the current processing time of I485. A new EAD and Travel Document should be automatically issued if the I 485 is not processed within the expiry date of the previous EAD and Travel Document.

3. Dependants I 485 should not be canceled if the primary applicant dies or divorces the spouse.

Mr Rajiv,
I am willing to donate for this cause? Will more money help us in any way? Puting an advertisement in media may be.

Siva

In the litigation, we do not need money. Out of pocket expenses so far are just a few hundred dollars. Some individuals are moving to raise money. Nothing to do with us. We should see some announcements from these folks soon.

I personally donot have any bad feeling against the undocumented/illegal immigrants. But giving them visas and GCs, would delay the already backlogged GC process.

They did it in Apr 2001 and they can do it again.

I pity people applying from NY and NJ whose Labor is still stuck at Apr 2001.

They (Congress) has to fund USCIS specifically for GC process, before letting next batch of undocumented people apply for GC. We are currently look at 5-7 years for the entire process. If another batch of people is allowed, we can project atleast 8-10 years?

Legal immigrants have to either start working illegally to match this 8-10 year time frame or go home.

Mr. Rajiv Khanna, I have to say I was all most shocked to see an immigration attorney suing the Goverment for inaction. Irrespective of the results of this action, I think the attention it generates in media alone would go a long way in addressing the cause of the legal non-immigrant worker, especially in an election year.

1. Apart from writing to the Senators and Congreesmen, what else can the non-immigrant workers do to support you ? I was thinking of getting a petition signed by all the willing CEOs of the Companies that have non-immigrant workers working for them.

2. Considering this is an election year, what can we do to make this an election issue ? hire a PR or lobbying firm ? I am aware of magnitude of trying to force an issue like this on the national political debate, but we have to also realise that election time is our best chance to get their attention. Imagine political repercussion an article titled something like "Bush's immigration policy favors illegal immigrants over the leagal" in CNN or MSNBC can have in the heating presidential arena ?

3. Is there an official forum/assoication of the legal non-immigrant workers. Getting organised in a formal way so we can all throw our wait with a single voice will be the most effective way of utilising our strength.

Originally posted by PrakashR
Mr. Rajiv Khanna, I have to say I was all most shocked to see an immigration attorney suing the Goverment for inaction. Irrespective of the results of this action, I think the attention it generates in media alone would go a long way in addressing the cause of the legal non-immigrant worker, especially in an election year.

1. Apart from writing to the Senators and Congreesmen, what else can the non-immigrant workers do to support you ? I was thinking of getting a petition signed by all the willing CEOs of the Companies that have non-immigrant workers working for them.

2. Considering this is an election year, what can we do to make this an election issue ? hire a PR or lobbying firm ? I am aware of magnitude of trying to force an issue like this on the national political debate, but we have to also realise that election time is our best chance to get their attention. Imagine political repercussion an article titled something like "Bush's immigration policy favors illegal immigrants over the leagal" in CNN or MSNBC can have in the heating presidential arena ?

3. Is there an official forum/assoication of the legal non-immigrant workers. Getting organised in a formal way so we can all throw our wait with a single voice will be the most effective way of utilising our strength.

Thanks for your support.
1. Send a petition to Pres. Bush. Write it, we will set it up. Having companies as signatories will be a definite plus.
2. Some people have approached me. They are starting to raise money. They will be posting here also. Note that effort has nothing to do with us. These are a group of individuals.
3. We are the only forum that I know of, so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last year, Homeland Securty Advisory System was introduced and is in effect. Top to Bottom, different colors (Red, Amber, Yellow, Blue, Green) represent conditions and their preparation accordingly, is an excellent example of representation of the various situations in the particular areas.
To indicate performance, delays, backlogs, WIPs could be represent in the same manner. Perhaps, colors can communicate and reflect effectively, and immediate actions are taken as per requirements.
If you analyse it, you would observe !485, i140, RIR are on TOP (red).
We drew colors in different kinds of charts and sophisticated on-show presentations, but first time saw the colors in action.
Mr. Khanna, please do not forget to speak the language of colors, as we are 100% follow and act and regard HSAS.
Why this system could'nt be implemented in the relevant departments for real reflection and action?

organization for legal immigrants

3. Is there an official forum/assoication of the legal non-immigrant workers. Getting organised in a formal way so we can all throw our wait with a single voice will be the most effective way of utilising our strength

Yes -from what I know, www.isn.org played a significant role in getting the AC 21 law approved in 2000.
I have been given to understand that they still have a lot of resources (read finances).
It will be good if we can join hands with them. They added the news about the lawsuit on their page

http://www.isn.org/news/index.html

Re: organization for legal immigrants

Originally posted by mazdur_desi
3. Is there an official forum/assoication of the legal non-immigrant workers. Getting organised in a formal way so we can all throw our wait with a single voice will be the most effective way of utilising our strength

Yes -from what I know, www.isn.org played a significant role in getting the AC 21 law approved in 2000.
I have been given to understand that they still have a lot of resources (read finances).
It will be good if we can join hands with them. They added the news about the lawsuit on their page

http://www.isn.org/news/index.html

People in the action group in our community are already talking to them. I have no first hand knowledge of any role played by them, but neither do I know that they did not.

is california next

if one lawsuit is successful against illinois then i am sure there will be a flood of lawsuits in california. there will be a lawsuit backlog

some people have suffered more than 3 years in the remand game that they are playing there passing people's lives between state and federal labor and some cases are pending over 3 years.

they are just waiting till you lose your job,so they dont have to certify you or if you wait long enough, you will get frustrated and leave

count down to 60 days deadline is coming nearer

as we see that the 60 days reply back deadline is coming nearer. i was wondering what extra work can we as a group or community do inorder to give a big boost to this litigation. so far our case is covered in media (not US), letters are sent to different congressman, president etc etc......

what next big step we can take inorder to give a big push so that it comes in limelight of all the people. was wondering if this current Presidential candidates can give some help. yesterday night i heard John Kerry winner in IOWA caucaus stating "when i become President, first i will remove John Ashcroft from the designation of Attorney General"......

Re: count down to 60 days deadline is coming nearer

Originally posted by vicky_usa
as we see that the 60 days reply back deadline is coming nearer. i was wondering what extra work can we as a group or community do inorder to give a big boost to this litigation. so far our case is covered in media (not US), letters are sent to different congressman, president etc etc......

what next big step we can take inorder to give a big push so that it comes in limelight of all the people. was wondering if this current Presidential candidates can give some help. yesterday night i heard John Kerry winner in IOWA caucaus stating "when i become President, first i will remove John Ashcroft from the designation of Attorney General"......

Nothing much else at this point. We are preparing the next set of court documents. So, we shall see.

We should support a poltical candidate

I think we should support a candidate who has a good immigration policy. I checked the John Kerry website, he seems to have a good policy. http://www.johnkerry.com/issues/immigration/

We should make this a poltical issue and endorse a candidate who promises the 6 month processing time for immigration.

Siva

Re: Re: count down to 60 days deadline is coming nearer

Originally posted by operations
Nothing much else at this point. We are preparing the next set of court documents. So, we shall see.

Thanks for feedback Rajiv....but i guess if we dont keep continious momentum....things will soften up as we still have another 30 days left before we hear anything from the Defendents.....

i guess we should start again a round of sending emails or any other activity u suggest. We can also wait for the fresh documents u are making right now and use those as a link to send to the congressmen ..... whats ur say in this.

My green card progress

I am one of the plaintiffs in this class action lawsuit and just want to update you on the latest developments. My employment I-485 RD is April 2001 and ND is May 2001. After filing this lawsuit, my lawyer contacted American Immigration Lawyer Association Liaison since USCIS did not respond to our status inquiries. In the last 2 1/2 years they never asked me for any further information or RFE (Request for additional evidence). After putting my case in pending list for so long, last week USCIS requested RFE regarding my current job status and proof regarding my parents (I am supposed to prove that my parent’s are indeed who I claim to be!! Amazing, isn’t it??). We sent 2 affidavits from India and every other possible document I could lay my hands on which shows my date of birth and parent’s name. I also contacted senators in Kansas and Missouri and requested their help. They are real helpful but I was told by one senator’s aid that they are of little help regarding processing time and they cannot ask USCIS to by pass other applicants ahead of you and start processing my application (i.e. you are out of luck if the date is not current). However, they are more than happy to make inquiries regarding my case because the current processing date is 4 months past my RD or ND). I will keep you posted and thanks for all the support. I understand how difficult it is to wait so long for approval, but look on brighter side, at least some of your cases are not past the current processing time (like me!!).

Status
Not open for further replies.