Atlast Finally I485 Approved for Needhelp1!

PremChopra said:
Congratulations needhelp1,

I am very happy for your approval, it's good to listen to the good news ahead of the weekend. Same as Muppaneni I also predicted your approval in 2 weeks when LiveAndLetLive got approved but I think it took a tad little more than that.

Enjoy and have fun and stop behaving like an H-1 :)

Yup... and you were almost right on target.

fella 2002

Very very nice to see your approval... my name check cleared last week but my 2nd FP expired...so not sure what cis will do now....

I saw many helpful posts by needhelp1. I really appreciate his efforts over here and he deserve this approval.

Thanks you all and I am really touched by reading some of the comments.

Prem, muppaneni, Liveandletlive and others,

I too was guessing that something should happen with our cases soon especially when I came to know of "rajudm" approval as his case was with the IIO on March 17th and ours went on March 21st. But I have been guessing like this from long and it was just getting delayed and delayed so finally from the last two weeks, I started spending my energy to look for houses and finally I got one which we liked and we are in contract now and it looks like the new house has brought me some luck too!

eternal_labor,
Please see the thread created by "rajudm" on Name Check and it has all details about my name check experience. If you have any specific question, then send me a PM.

Congrats!!!

Congratulations! Finally the prayers are answered. The New Year (based on Lunar Calendar) has brought luck to you. When we knew that the file was with officer...it is just matter of time to see a decision one way or other (i.e RFE).

I had a first hand exprience how a IIO works when I had stamping yesterday. It is no wonder we are all waiting for 2 to 3 years to get the decision. IIO was sending for IBIS check for my son with wrong information (sex as Female when she could see him in person....) Only god has to help all the people waiting for their turn.

needhelp1 said:
Thanks you all and I am really touched by reading some of the comments.

Prem, muppaneni, Liveandletlive and others,

I too was guessing that something should happen with our cases soon especially when I came to know of "rajudm" approval as his case was with the IIO on March 17th and ours went on March 21st. But I have been guessing like this from long and it was just getting delayed and delayed so finally from the last two weeks, I started spending my energy to look for houses and finally I got one which we liked and we are in contract now and it looks like the new house has brought me some luck too!

eternal_labor,
Please see the thread created by "rajudm" on Name Check and it has all details about my name check experience. If you have any specific question, then send me a PM.

Hearty Congratulations to NEED HELP1

and have a question for you.

Like your case, my Name check also got cleared by FBI on 02/08/05 after many request letters. My ND 09/05/03. In Feb 05, with the help of florida congress man, I sent out status enquiry and got got the response on Mar 09 telling that all security checks are cleared and the file is ready to go to adjudicating officer and I can hear from USCIS with in 60-90 days time(that means befre June 09, 2005)

So far nothing has happened. Mean time I started one enquiry directly with VSC in Mar and got response on APR 06, telling because of security check it is taking lot of time, blah blah..... With congress man's enquiry they are saying security check is completed for me the answers is other way around.

Mean time, recently I moved from florida to boston. Now I am thinking to send out an expedite letter through boston cogressman. What is your suggestion like, is it better to wait till June 09 or doing something to put pressure on VSC at regular intervals (say 30-45 days)?

Rajudm,
I am really not surprised about the way this office works as I too had a similar experience when I went for Interim EAD and I was actually talking to a senior supervisor with NJ Local INS office. I totally agree that only GOD should help for all for people waiting for their turn.
rajudm said:
Congratulations! Finally the prayers are answered. The New Year (based on Lunar Calendar) has brought luck to you. When we knew that the file was with officer...it is just matter of time to see a decision one way or other (i.e RFE).

I had a first hand exprience how a IIO works when I had stamping yesterday. It is no wonder we are all waiting for 2 to 3 years to get the decision. IIO was sending for IBIS check for my son with wrong information (sex as Female when she could see him in person....) Only god has to help all the people waiting for their turn.

I had the same experience what you have described below just with a small change. When my congressman contacted in Jan 05, I was told that my name check is pending and I worked with FBI to get my name check cleared and it got cleared on Feb 9th and I waited for sometime and again on Feb 25th 2005, I requested for expedite request and it was just denied without a valid reason and when I called VSC in the first week of Second Week of March 05, I was told by the rep that everything is ready to go and our files are in the adjudication area and they are in a order and they will be assigned to the adjudicationg officer soon and the lady asked me to call after 90 to 120 Days if I don't hear anything. Luckly for me, Our congressman did a status enquiry on March 21st routinely and it looks like after her enquiry, they have assigned our cases to the IIO and told the congressman that our cases have been assigned and we will hear something soon. And it took three weeks for the officer to work on our case and he finally approved it.

Bottom line, if it is with in the adjudicating area, then now it is just a matter of time that they assign it to the IIO, so I strongly suggest you to follow up with the congressman of Florida as they have already made enquiries on your case after two or three weeks and I am sure it will have some positive effect.
I also know that you should not have multiple congressional inquiry for the same case.So continue with the Florida one and Good Luck to you!
GC_09_2003 said:
and have a question for you.

Like your case, my Name check also got cleared by FBI on 02/08/05 after many request letters. My ND 09/05/03. In Feb 05, with the help of florida congress man, I sent out status enquiry and got got the response on Mar 09 telling that all security checks are cleared and the file is ready to go to adjudicating officer and I can hear from USCIS with in 60-90 days time(that means befre June 09, 2005)

So far nothing has happened. Mean time I started one enquiry directly with VSC in Mar and got response on APR 06, telling because of security check it is taking lot of time, blah blah..... With congress man's enquiry they are saying security check is completed for me the answers is other way around.

Mean time, recently I moved from florida to boston. Now I am thinking to send out an expedite letter through boston cogressman. What is your suggestion like, is it better to wait till June 09 or doing something to put pressure on VSC at regular intervals (say 30-45 days)?

NEED HELP1 - Thanks for your reply.

Thanks for your time & effort to reply my question.

In my case VSC has mentioned as "the case is ready to go to adjudicating office" as of 03/03/05. I don't know really have assigned to any officer till now.

One more thing is since I move dout of florida, I don't know whether that congress man will help me or even he agrees to help, I have to wait till June 09, 2005.

Really confused now. Added to this, just couple of weeks back I moved from florida to boston just bacause of GC, now I am getting a perm offer with big financial company in my previous place in florida and I have to take up that position in 4-6 weeks. Mean time if my GC is approved, I have stick with the present comapny for 3-6 months and loose the new offer. Really confused how to go.

needhelp1 said:
I had the same experience what you have described below just with a small change. When my congressman contacted in Jan 05, I was told that my name check is pending and I worked with FBI to get my name check cleared and it got cleared on Feb 9th and I waited for sometime and again on Feb 25th 2005, I requested for expedite request and it was just denied without a valid reason and when I called VSC in the first week of Second Week of March 05, I was told by the rep that everything is ready to go and our files are in the adjudication area and they are in a order and they will be assigned to the adjudicationg officer soon and the lady asked me to call after 90 to 120 Days if I don't hear anything. Luckly for me, Our congressman did a status enquiry on March 21st routinely and it looks like after her enquiry, they have assigned our cases to the IIO and told the congressman that our cases have been assigned and we will hear something soon. And it took three weeks for the officer to work on our case and he finally approved it.

Bottom line, if it is with in the adjudicating area, then now it is just a matter of time that they assign it to the IIO, so I strongly suggest you to follow up with the congressman of Florida as they have already made enquiries on your case after two or three weeks and I am sure it will have some positive effect.
I also know that you should not have multiple congressional inquiry for the same case.So continue with the Florida one and Good Luck to you!

needhelp1 said:
I live in Edison, NJ and I will be going to Newark, NJ for Stamping.

congrats, neighbour (i live in Edison too). It's unfortunate that your case took so long for approval. This system sucks.

Thanks dsatish. I tried to send you a PM and its not allowing as your Message Quota has been exceeded. So please delete some unwanted mails so that I can send PM to you. Actually I live very close to your place in Village Court.
dsatish said:
congrats, neighbour (i live in Edison too). It's unfortunate that your case took so long for approval. This system sucks.

I totally understand your situation, but sometimes we should go by whatever instinct says. I think you should stick to the present employer if the job is decently paid and you are happy about it. If not, then you should take up the new offer. Again as I said, it all depends on individual cases by case basis and I think you are best person to judge what to do instead of others.

I think you should first think which place is better for you interms of Job and Location and then you can worry about AC21. Good Luck to you!
GC_09_2003 said:
Thanks for your time & effort to reply my question.

In my case VSC has mentioned as "the case is ready to go to adjudicating office" as of 03/03/05. I don't know really have assigned to any officer till now.

One more thing is since I move dout of florida, I don't know whether that congress man will help me or even he agrees to help, I have to wait till June 09, 2005.

Really confused now. Added to this, just couple of weeks back I moved from florida to boston just bacause of GC, now I am getting a perm offer with big financial company in my previous place in florida and I have to take up that position in 4-6 weeks. Mean time if my GC is approved, I have stick with the present comapny for 3-6 months and loose the new offer. Really confused how to go.

Guys,
I received a letter from my local Congressman on the weekend and it says that the congressman's office did a routine status check on our cases on April 13th 2005 in the morning and they got the reply in afternoon asking them to contact in another 30 or 60 days as our cases are still pending with IIO.

But it looks like after the inquiry was made by the congressman, USCIS immediately instructed the IIO to work on our cases and the IIO approved it on the same day. So bottom line is: My Approval has come only with the effort of our congessman "Frank Pallone Jr" and the case worker who helped me was "Janet Ford" and I strongly recommedn anybody waiting from long in 08820 Zip to contact them for help.