Atlast Finally I485 Approved for Needhelp1!

needhelp1 said:
Guys,
I received a letter from my local Congressman on the weekend and it says that the congressman's office did a routine status check on our cases on April 13th 2005 in the morning and they got the reply in afternoon asking them to contact in another 30 or 60 days as our cases are still pending with IIO.

But it looks like after the inquiry was made by the congressman, USCIS immediately instructed the IIO to work on our cases and the IIO approved it on the same day. So bottom line is: My Approval has come only with the effort of our congessman "Frank Pallone Jr" and the case worker who helped me was "Janet Ford" and I strongly recommedn anybody waiting from long in 08820 Zip to contact them for help.

Congratulations!!

Can you please post the format of the letter written to congressman.

Thanks Guys for your wishes. I received the Approval Notice for our Cases in Mail yesterday and now I can officially say that I got approved.

Regarding the format to congressman, it was a very generic letter format and I mentioned the complete case history of ours and mainly the issues where I need the help of congressman. And also I included the entire dates of our I485 cases and also EAD and A# for both me and my spouse. If you still need the letter, send me a PM and I will send you my letter.

justcause said:
Congratulations!!

Can you please post the format of the letter written to congressman.

Congrats Needhelp1

What stage is it ok to contact Congressman ?

My name check was sent to FBI on Mar 12,2005. As you had suggested in an earlier post that if everything is fine , FBI should clear it by end of Apr. Should I enquire with VSC around end of Apr or if FBI doesn't send response, then I should ask for FOIP and based on that response send a mail to Hardy to expedite Name Check ?

Can the congressman be contacted for Name Check or only after Name Check gets cleared ?

Thanks and Congrats on your recent approval...

Hi Winny1971!!

Once you make sure FBI Name check is done then contact immediately for Local CongressMen help then surely your file will move to IIO for approval.
All the best.

I totally agree with ramaraovr. As soon as you know 100% that your name check and FP are cleared, then you should contact the congressman for help incase if the case is really delayed or else you can also call the VSC and raise an enquiry and most of the times the latter will work too.

winny1971 said:
What stage is it ok to contact Congressman ?

My name check was sent to FBI on Mar 12,2005. As you had suggested in an earlier post that if everything is fine , FBI should clear it by end of Apr. Should I enquire with VSC around end of Apr or if FBI doesn't send response, then I should ask for FOIP and based on that response send a mail to Hardy to expedite Name Check ?

Can the congressman be contacted for Name Check or only after Name Check gets cleared ?

Thanks and Congrats on your recent approval...

Congratulations... dear old buddy !!

Happy to see your approval after a long wait and turmoil CIS had put you through. It's all over... enjoy your freedom.

-Sanga.

Guys,
I have completed my GC Stamping last friday at Newark, NJ and as expected, everything went very smooth and it just took us two hours for the entire process. I would like to thank again all fellow members and the moderators of this site for the encouragement you have give me during this painful GC process and I will be really greatful to you all.

needhelp,

what all documents did you take for stamping ?

Thanks
Veeru

needhelp1 said:
Guys,
I have completed my GC Stamping last friday at Newark, NJ and as expected, everything went very smooth and it just took us two hours for the entire process. I would like to thank again all fellow members and the moderators of this site for the encouragement you have give me during this painful GC process and I will be really greatful to you all.

Hi, needhelp1

Frist, congratulation to you!
Could you tell me how to check the result of name check? Email or fax or mail?
Thanks
needhelp1 said:
Dear All,

First, I want to thank Mr. Rajiv and all others who are moderating this excellent forum and Just wanted to let the forum and all other well wishers know that atlast finally our GC saga has come to an end yesterday and I came to know about it finally today by email from USCIS. To be very honest, I am lot relieved and feel a bit relaxed and I am sure that this news will take sometime for our family to digest and then probably we might experience some excitement.

To make my long story short, I came to this country in March 1998 and started GC in April 2001 and it took nearly 1 1/2 years for the Labor to get approved ( got stuck in 245i loop ) and then applied for I485/I140 in Dec 2002 and after going through the different stages of I485, I have learn't how to really respect life and also met lots of good people especially in this forum who take there valuable time to help others in need and if I mention there names, the list will become endless.......

I don't want to say that your day will also come and just wait blah blah blah......as I know how difficult for others who have been waiting from 2001 & 2002 Notice Dates to see the indifference in the USCIS processing and I would urge them all to fight till the end and also wish that that your luck works in your favor.

Good Luck to everybody who are waiting for your approval and I will be staying in this forum to share my experiences for others in need!

veeru_,
I have taken my Driving License, PassPort, 2 Passport size Photos, I-94 and all EAD and AP along with Approval Letter. Hope this helps!

beng_sha,
I think the best thing to do is to write a letter to FBI NNCP Department and if you need more info, you should go through a thread about Name Check created by "rajudm" and please don't use this thread as you can also share some experiene in the Name Check thread which can be useful to others. Just a suggestion.
beng_sha said:
Hi, needhelp1

Frist, congratulation to you!
Could you tell me how to check the result of name check? Email or fax or mail?
Thanks

Hi veeru,

I also carried the documents what needhelp1 mentioned and got pp stamped on 05/03/04 at Boston.

Hi, needhelp1

Thanks and I will see.
needhelp1 said:
veeru_,
I have taken my Driving License, PassPort, 2 Passport size Photos, I-94 and all EAD and AP along with Approval Letter. Hope this helps!

beng_sha,
I think the best thing to do is to write a letter to FBI NNCP Department and if you need more info, you should go through a thread about Name Check created by "rajudm" and please don't use this thread as you can also share some experiene in the Name Check thread which can be useful to others. Just a suggestion.