AtlantaGAI485Timeline

Received IL for 05/19 . So its seems RD to ID for Atlanta a little more than 5 months.
No SMS/email/online status change.

to n2727
I have different case from everyone here. But since you want to know, here we are. I started in 2009 cause i was in removal. I had a very long I-130 interview about 2 hours. The officier seperated my wife and I.He got me first for about an hour.Then my wife for the same questions.All ours answers were the same 100%.It was about how we met? and what we did last week end. After we finish he said very good, everything is parfect. And he approved right away.Then the judge terminated my removal 4 months later i had my interview notice. But we moved to another state before the interview. So at the interview the officier find out, and why we didn't transfer the case. We told him we want to finish here. And he if he send the GC to my atlanta address can i still get it we said yes. we got all our mail in atlanta, then he said fine.The interview was only the yes and no questions.And asked me my full name date of birth, my mother and father names. But didn't ask my wife anything.But he didn't have my file on his sytem, and said he cant approve me today. He did A file request, and told us it will take about to 2 weeks. And if dont get anything in to 2 weeks to call him back. He didn't take my EAD or anything.He asked if i was arrested i said yes for traffic ticket, he said that is not a crime dont worry about it.The only thing he asked was the latter from the judge state my removal was terminated. And my wife gave him that. My wife asked him if he want more prouves, and he said no cause we have everything fine. But he took them anyway and made a copy of them.he was very nice. since then it been 2 months i havent receive anything yet. And anytime i call the 1800 they told to wait for 90 days. Did infos pass they told the file arrived in. and it is with the officier for decision to wait 2 weeks again. The problem at the infos pass was i couldn't remember the interview officier name. and now the 2 weeks has past nothing.

*Just updated my signature*

Went in for an infopass appointment trying to get an update on the status of the case since it's been almost 2 months since the interview and we hadn't heard anything.

When we spoke to the person, they asked if we received a RFE in which we stated no. We were told that if we didn't hear anything, that we would receive the card in the mail in 3 - 4 weeks from the interview date. The person stated that they have up to 120 days to send us a RFE but that we could send a form to our IO letting her know that we wanted to know the case status. We filled out the form and hopefully will hear something in the next few weeks.

If we don't hear anything in the next 2 months, I'll be setting up another Infopass appointment.

I didn't do a follow up on my case, that was why i am still waiting for my GC,i will advice all you follow u p your case as closely as possible,contact congress/ombudsman now make info pass, Your IO have a lot of case to follow up,i believe each IO in ATL DO have more than a thousand continues case to follow,if you don't approve your case on the day of interview, you will have to wait, ATL process time line is 9 month from day of interview now

Good new Guys..

My online status changed to Interview and Testing for 22 May 2011. I have not recived hard copy yet..but they chaged my online status today 20th April..
Recived email, text this morning

1.02.11 - I485/130 sent to USCIS(Chicago)
1.10.11 - receiv. receipt #, check cleared
1.12.11 - NOA I485/130 in mail,
2.01.11 - Bio Done
04.20.2011 - Online status change to INterview and testing for May 22th 2011

Last edited by a moderator:
@n2727 - congrats buddy!!!!!! So happy for you, wishing you all the best and good luck with the interview. Def let us know who it goes!!

Email received today , interview letter in the mail

Email received today , interview letter in the mail

DO Atlanta , GA

Hello all

dec 24 documents sent
dec 27 package received by uscis chicago
jan 3 receive tex and email with receipt number from uscis
jan 12 receive letter for biometric
jan 22 biometric done...
JAN 31ST receive a RFE letter
feb 16 RFE mailed to USCIS
feb 18 LUD initial review
march 4 LUD receive tex and email with EAD card ordered
march 8 receive email i131 (travel document) approved
march 12 EAD and TRAVEL DOC in hand
april 20 email received saying interview letter mailed today

congrats Fairwaydr, good to see that finally some interview letters are coming to Atlanta!! wishing everyone good luck with their, hopefully I will be getting one soon as well!!

for realcool
how long have you been waiting?? i been waiting for 2 months now going to 3. My problem is i move out of Georgia, and can't make infos pass. cause my case is still in there. They told me i have to wait 3 months to make any call.

realcool1 - thanks for sharing your timeline, I really hope you and kitaka will hear some news soon and get approved. I'm a little worried that the Atlanta office doesnt approve all cases right on the spot. There is nothign worst than to have to wait more month for an answer.
Now I'm getting worried again.

I hope everyone has a great Easter Weekend.

Hey guys, just walked in for my biometrics (early) today and things went well. However my case status changed on 04/21/2011 to request for initial evidence. I received my I-797 (REQUEST FOR INITIAL EVIDENCE) Today, They were requesting that i submit my I-693 Medical again; my attorney says that we submitted this with the original package; my civic surgeon was glad to reissue another original report. The attorney will be submitting this report to USCIS. I'm wondering did USCIS loose my I693 medical report or is the report I have not done correctly? Since we are submitting virtually the same report should I just go to a different civil surgeon or what. Your thoughts will be appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:
@ATL-I485 - I've read before in this forum that filer's had to resubmit their medical form, because the USCIS lost it. I'm sure you will be back on track in no time. Good luck with everything. (=

No new updates here, still waiting on my interview letter.

sorry it took me so long but here is my timeline..still waiting for the IL

Jan26-Uscis received package(I-485,130 and 765)
Jan30-received conformation
Feb3-received letter for Biometrics for 2/17
Feb 17- Biometrics done
Feb22-received RFE and send back same day
Mar 9-Ead in production
Mar 17-received Ead

My lawyer has told me all atlanta is far behind. And told me to wait about 6 months after my interview. She told me even infos pass wont work now. Do anyone has any news to share?

Hey kitaka, I hope u will hear something soon. Is the 6 month wait only for cases that are not approved on the interview day? I'm kinda confused right now, is the atlanta office approvig at all right now?

No new news here, still waiting for my interview letter. Crossing my fingers and hoping ill get it soon.

Good luck everyone