AtlantaGAI485Timeline

Is there any special situation for you case that thye didn't approve on the interview day ?
Can you please post your interview experience here ?

Yes, I can definitely say it was my fault (I filed for my husband with no help from an attorney). There was a line in the application that asked if there was a prior case for I485 filed for the person.

Since my husband had been married before and I was filing for all of the packets, I assumed that he had a prior case for all of them. In actuality, he actually only had a prior I765 and never got the chance to file for I130 or I485. I assumed his exwife did so I stated that the case expired. When the IO saw that, she said that she had to check and see if the case was still in the system.

It's a special case, but I know the case isn't in the system because it was never filed, plus he's been divorced from his ex-wife for 6 years.

Our experience at the Atlanta DO was this:

We came in approximately 30 minutes earlier than our appointment. We went to the window to notify them that we were here for our interview, which, in turn, the receptionist gave us a receipt showing our appointment time. We then went upstairs to the 3rd? floor and waited to be called in. There was only one other couple there waiting to be called in. We were called in about 15 minutes later.

I don't remember the all of the questions asked but she basically went through our package and asked us random questions from the package, confirming everything. She asked why we married so quickly (Married 7/2010, Filed 10/2010 but had been together almost a year before getting married) and said that I just knew he was the one. She also asked what I knew about the immigration process and I said that my family heritage is African so I've always known about the immigration process. Not sure if that was such a good answer.

After the problem with "previous case" was seen, she left the room as if she were going to go check something and then came back and said she needs to check if the previous case was still in the system. She said if we don't hear anything, that we'll receive the card in the mail in 3 - 4 weeks. I asked her how long it would be if we're going to hear something. She said that she had a large case load so just to wait. We were basically out of there in 30 minutes, but I was disappointed that we didn't get our approval that day.

@KTAtlanta - Thank you for telling us how the interview went, for some reason Atlanta seeems like the slowest office out there. I'm sure everything will be ok and you will be approved. GOOD LUCK with everything.

@everyone else - new new updates on my side, I'm going to call the USCIS and see if I can expedite my EAD. I guess we have to live with the 6 month processing time.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

got an email today from the USCIS saying that my EAD card went into production!!! Maybe it helped that I called and expedite.

Hope everyone in Atlanta is doing good and hanging in there. Lets hope we get some interview letters soon.

1.02.11 - I485/130 sent to USCIS(Chicago)
1.10.11 - receiv. receipt #, check cleared
1.12.11 - NOA I485/130 in mail,
2.01.11 - Bio Done

Waiting for interview????????

@cassie I didn't apply EAD however I applied AP and received on 1 April 2011.

Other thing that I have noticed inside my portfolio at USCIS. they didn't even touch my case after jan 14 since last updated date of portfolio is 14 jan... So I am bit confused.. may be it stuck somewhere or what...

I had my interview in atlanta 2 months ago. The officier told me to give it 2 weeks.And now it is 2 months didn't receive anything

I had my interview in atlanta 2 months ago. The officier told me to give it 2 weeks.And now it is 2 months didn't receive anything

Welcome to the thread kitaka, I agree with n2727, could you please post your timeline and maybe your interview experience, it would help all of us, if you could share it with us.

Have a great day everyone.

my TimeLine
1.02.11 - I485/130 sent to USCIS(Chicago)
1.10.11 - receiv. receipt #, check cleared
1.12.11 - NOA I485/130 in mail,
2.01.11 - Bio Done

hey everyone, i also filed from atlanta and have received my ead mid march so from what i have seen ..im expecting my IL in abt 3weeks!?! What do you guys think??

After 31 Days they have just cleared my check this was somewhat unusual for the timelines I have seen on this and similar threads

@ctraquair - I'm so glad i called to expedite, def helped me. (=

@n2727 - can you see your case online? You can always call and check in with the USCIS. From what I heard the Atlanta office takes a longer time to process everything, up to 6.5 month. Good luck thought, keep us updated.

@cassie - hey, do you mind adding your timeline to your signature, just to make it easier for all of us to compare. Good luck with everyhing, hope you will get your interview letter soon.

@ATL-I485 - Good luck with everything, I'm glad they didnt lose your case, and I'm sorry you had to wait the 31 days.

Good luck with everything guys. Wishing everyone a great weekend.

I called them several time since past few weeks..they dont have any idea on currently which month of applications atlanta processing and they told me if you want to know more about your case then you can always take info pass..

Q: is onlline status is working up to date?

Thanks Musicaa
@ctraquair - I'm so glad i called to expedite, def helped me. (=

@n2727 - can you see your case online? You can always call and check in with the USCIS. From what I heard the Atlanta office takes a longer time to process everything, up to 6.5 month. Good luck thought, keep us updated.

@cassie - hey, do you mind adding your timeline to your signature, just to make it easier for all of us to compare. Good luck with everyhing, hope you will get your interview letter soon.

@ATL-I485 - Good luck with everything, I'm glad they didnt lose your case, and I'm sorry you had to wait the 31 days.

Good luck with everything guys. Wishing everyone a great weekend.