Atlanta stamping experience

superb

Registered Users (C)
Did today, Oct. 14
Did infopass appointment immediately after receiving approval emails.
12 pm for me and 1 pm for my wife because I have 4 year kid with us.
Reached 12:01 pm. We both entered together. Officer did not cared about my wife's 1 pm appointment. Stamping seems trivial job since no officer took more than 5 minutes to put stamp and collect material from us.
We were out at 12:25 pm.

I will advise everybody to have infopass for stamping at Atlanta although approval letter says go any day in morning. All you need is apporval letter, all eads, all APs, I-94, and two passporty style photos.

We were told that it will take 6 to 8 months for plastic cards. Let's hope we get within 3 weeks since we are travellig abroad.

Does anybody know do we need Transit Visa at Paris ? Will the stamp on passport be enough ?

Don't take any kind of tension for stamping.

Last edited by a moderator:
superb said:
We were told that it will take 6 to 8 months for plastic cards. Let's hope we get within 3 weeks since we are travellig abroad.

My experience, and others, has been that the plastic card arrive in 4-10 weeks. Your mileage may vary, but I'd be surprised if you got the cards in 3 weeks.

Does anybody know do we need Transit Visa at Paris ? Will the stamp on passport be enough?

There seems to be some threads that indicate that the I-551 stamp is enough; but I'd take 5 minutes to call the French consulate or check on the Air France web site.

superb, thanks for the info. I will be getting the stamp in Atlanta too and it really puts my mind at ease. I have taken the Infopass appointment.
As I too am travelling to India in the second week of Nov. had called up the French consulate in Atlanta at 404 495 1660 and they said I would not need a transit visa. I would suggest you call too to confirm so we can be doubly sure. Please keep me posted here. Thanks again.

RD/ND May 2002
AD SEp 2004

My 140 and 485 are approved recently (I got mails on Oct 11 2004). I am waiting for approval papers to come.

How many days it takes to get the approval papers?

Yesterday I took an Info Pass appointment. The earliest appointment I could take is on October 29 2004.

Do I need to wait that long? Can I go in walk-in?

Do I need a separate appintment for my wife?

Please provide the info.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
It took me one week to get approval notices.
I guess you don't option than waiting for appointment unless you have an emergency. If you stay in the town, you can visit early morning and give a shot. I stay 200 miles away from Atlanta and so couldn't take chances.

Yes, you will need separate appointment for your wife.

As you suggested, I will take an appointment for my wife also.

I stay near Atlanta, so I will give a try going in walk-in.

Thanks.

what is form# for I485 approval notice

Is the form number for I-485 approval notice I-797C? I have recieved the approval email and am planning to schedule the appointment

superb did you get a chance to call the French consulate about the Paris transit visa? They start talking in French but I asked her whether she could speak English and then she spoke to me in English!! Pleease let me know.

I got approval letter..

It says that we need to take old style photos.

Superb : - Can you tell me what type of photos (old style or normal passport photos) you have taken?

I didn't get chance to speak with French Cosulate. I will talk on Monday.

Photos - New front style photos showing both ears. If you go to Kinko's/Sears, they should know about it.

As I mentioned before, I received my I-485 approval papers.

I have taken InfoPass appointment on October 29th.

I want to try going in walk-in and see..

Yesterday I called my lawyer, they said, they have not received the approval papers so far. It may be coming today or so.

Shall I wait for lawyer approval papers or mine are fine for passport stamping?

Thanks...

Jai Bajarang Bali

Case Over

It is a wonderful day today. Got Plastic cards today. They look okay.
Now, no more tension from job.
Surprised that plastic cards got so early although they said it will take 6 months.