Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker

I don't think there is a format. You can follow the same format I used.
Put "case status" as subject line.
In email body include the following: First Name, Last Name, Employer, Case Number, Atlanta DOL Received Date, Priority Date(I think PD not required but I included anyway)

They respond in 3-4 days.

I don't know in which center my case is, what my new case number is. I was expecting good news that my case is still in ATL but now it turns out to be a total confusion for me....... :mad:

Some_GreenCard said:
Mito,
Is there any format should we use to send email to status@DAL.DFLC.US ...
like subject line ..should specify something..and any reference in body text etc... please let us know.

Thanks

Mito,
Unless you get a letter from Philly BRC saying that your file has been recieved , don't believe the Atlanta DOL office lady or email you get regarding your case status. There's has been so much confusion regarding the Sept 03 files that I would only be sure when I recieve a letter Philly BRC. I have also emailed the same link to get a stutus , let see what they email me back. I guess it will be same as yours since my rec date is Sept 19. Again I won't totally believe 100% that my case is in Philly if that is the reply I get.
I am hoping just like you that our files stay in Atlanta DOL. I hope philly BRC are finished with entering data into their system and ready to send out mails so that way we know where we stand.
Take Care

Mito,
I got the same answer regarding my case, it states,
case has been transfer to Philly BRC. I don't know how accurate the info is.

LCSEPT2003,

Two questions...
Does the email actually indicate "Philly"? (Mine says "one of the BECs", but does not specify which one)
What does it tell you about your new case number? (Mine says "no case number yet")
Your email was an encouragement for me. Just trying to think still positively.

-Mito

LCSEPT2003 said:
Mito,
I got the same answer regarding my case, it states,
case has been transfer to Philly BRC. I don't know how accurate the info is.

How about NEW case number assigned? Is that inidcated in the email?

LCSEPT2003 said:
Mito
Your right, it didn't say Philly but I just assumed to be Philly also no case number yet.

mito said:
Bad news...

I got a confirmation from status@DAL.DFLC.US that my case is trasferred to "one of the backlog reduction centers".
It also says new case number is "not yet assigned."

My RD at ATL DOL was Sep 06, 2003.

I am very upset. I can't take this anymore.
Ha ! There is a new LC checking method. Where did you find this LC processing request email address at status@DAL.DFLC.US? Is it from the official DOL web site or some government domain?

confusion ??

I see lot of confusion about Sept 03 cases. Unless we hear about 45-day letter or approval to know the exact status of the case.

Please keep a watch on Philadelphia BEC Tracking & Dallas BEC Tracking. You never know what is cooking there and cases may go to any place (may be by mistake).

mito said:
Bad news...

I got a confirmation from status@DAL.DFLC.US that my case is trasferred to "one of the backlog reduction centers".
It also says new case number is "not yet assigned."

My RD at ATL DOL was Sep 06, 2003.

I am very upset. I can't take this anymore.

Hi Mito,

Guess there is a lot of confusion going on as to which cases are being transferred to the BECs.

A got an email from my attorney, forwarding a message from the AILA that all cases after Sep 23 2003 would be transferred to Philly BEC and that all cases prior to that date would be processed at ATL DOL only.

Please keep us posted as to what the status is. I am anyway way beyond the cut off date to even hope for a processing at ATL DOL.

To mito

mito said:
LCSEPT2003,

Two questions...
Does the email actually indicate "Philly"? (Mine says "one of the BECs", but does not specify which one)
What does it tell you about your new case number? (Mine says "no case number yet")
Your email was an encouragement for me. Just trying to think still positively.

-Mito

hi mito,

i don't belong on this thread since my case in MD and has nothing to do with atlanta. but i thought my story might help you somehow.

i sent an email to the same address. i got a reply yesterday saying: "....case has been transferred to one of the Division of
Foreign Labor Certification's Backlog Processing Centers....The new case number is: P-xxxxxxxx."

so although they didn't tell me which bec center, they gave me the case number and the P indicates it's at philly bec. i wish it had remained in philly dol, but oh well :-(.

anyway, i guess the point i am trying to make here is that perhaps you didn't get a case number because your case has not been entered into their system yet...but at least they found your case, it's not lost in some box out there. you know it is at one of the bec centers. that is positive. and also keep in mind there are people that have PD of 2000 (so even before me) that haven't heard anything yet. so keep thinking positive. that's all really you can do.

Compiler: I found the email address in this thread only. I don't know who originally posted it.

Thanks everyone for your comments. I am trying to hope for the best.

-mito

TampaBelle said:
Hi mvnm

March 28, 05 is the date when PERM filings ould start aand the existing system of LC approval would be discountinued.

I dont think that would affect the process at DOL / BEC. We all know that cases after Sep 23 (not sure of cases with RD of Sep 23) have been / would be transferred to BEC. All cases before Sep 23 would be adjudicated at Atlanta only.

it doesnt matter as to what speed they process the cases at ATL DOL. Even if they dont clear all earlier cases at ATL DOL before March 28, 05, the cases would be retained at ATL DOL only. I dont think that they would transfer all pending cases to BEC after March 28.

Be patient as the end of the tunnel is very close by for you. I would estimate a max of about 3 months by which they should all old cases at ATL DOL.

Thanks a lot... well i have almost waited for more than 18 mos and i think close to 2 year mark i can hope for a approved labor. Also iam due for my 8th year...hahaha

Updated DOL website

Instead of the usual "now processing" table, the DOL LCA processing times website has updated with info about BRC:

http://www.ows.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp

Hmm, they don't explicitly say anything about transferring cases only from after Sept 03 at ATL DOL?

Last edited by a moderator:
help

Can anybody with the RD before Sep help us to send a email request for case status. Everybody knows case with RD before Sep will not be transferred to BRC. So if somebody with RD before Sep got the same message with MITO, that's mean the massage Mito got may not accurate. But if they got the different massage that said the case will not be transferred to BRC, THAT'S MEAN all Sep CASE WILL BE TRANSFERRED TO BRC. I think this is the only way we can know where our case is.

Reply from DFLC Email

I dont see this is a valid reply that i got from the status email, since i got it confirmed from ATL , the lady i spoke confirmed my case is still atlanta.

Dear Requestor:

The purpose of this letter is to acknowledge your request regarding the
status of the above-referenced case.

The new case number is: NOT YET ASSIGNED

The above-referenced case has been transferred to one of the Division of
Foreign Labor Certification's Backlog Processing Centers. At this time,
we are unable to provide any status information on Permanent Labor
Certifications. All Processing Center files are in the process of being
transferred into a new database. Once the data entry process is
completed, a 45-day letter will be issued on all applications requesting
additional information from the employer if needed.

Please do not request additional status information for at least 90 days
after responding to the 45-day letter.

To obtain general information regarding processing dates, please check
the National Office website at
http://www.workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/
Sincerely,

DFLC Processing Center

I think this reply is big joke :D

I agree. That's a great idea. Pre-Sep03 guys, please try ruthcai321's suggestion and help us better understand the whole confusion.

Thanks

ruthcai321 said:
Can anybody with the RD before Sep help us to send a email request for case status. Everybody knows case with RD before Sep will not be transferred to BRC. So if somebody with RD before Sep got the same message with MITO, that's mean the massage Mito got may not accurate. But if they got the different massage that said the case will not be transferred to BRC, THAT'S MEAN all Sep CASE WILL BE TRANSFERRED TO BRC. I think this is the only way we can know where our case is.

So... Now that ATL DOL will have the "due date to center" for 2003 cases as 3-31-05, I think it is still possible that they will try to process the files they have not yet sent till PERM starts (end of March), then whatever they can't finish by end of March will be sent to BEC. I doubt they will keep those left over cases... I am not trying to be pessimistic here but that is what I expect from ATL DOL. Personally my hopes are too low to believe ATL DOL clearing 3.5 months case work(Jun 2003 - Sep23 2003) within the following 6 weeks until PERM kicks in. I have already waited 1.5 years for my LC, and if my case goes to Philly BEC, it is approximated that my case will be processed no later than 24-30 months. Yeah wait and see.. After all the wait if you don't see... just wait more.... I know it's not that bad... We are just wasting possible promotions and delaying career plans to get permanent residency in world's no.1 country where seeking immigration turns out to be more disadvantageous.... Right?.............

At the bottom of the URL (http://www.ows.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp)...
Shipping Schedule:
Permanent case applications currently located at the SWAs and Regional Offices are being shipped to the Backlog Processing Centers in three phases based on local office receipt date.
Phase Local Office Receipt Date Date Due to Center
1 Prior to January 2003 Completed On 12-31-04
2 2003 to 2004 No Later Than 03-31-05
3 2005 No Later Than 04-22-05

dru said:
Instead of the usual "now processing" table, the DOL LCA processing times website has updated with info about BRC:

http://www.ows.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp

Hmm, they don't explicitly say anything about transferring cases only from after Sept 03 at ATL DOL?

Last edited by a moderator:
Some_GreenCard said:
I dont see this is a valid reply that i got from the status email, since i got it confirmed from ATL , the lady i spoke confirmed my case is still atlanta.

Dear Requestor:

The purpose of this letter is to acknowledge your request regarding the
status of the above-referenced case.

The new case number is: NOT YET ASSIGNED

I think this reply is big joke :D

I think it's make sense, this is an automated response, they did not eneter all the cases that they received so that's why you do not have a case number and they don't have a way to find out which cases was forwarded to them and which not, but I got a new case number T-05013-XXXXX , which means my case was sent to BEC. Yours probably will be done by ATL DOL.