Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/24/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's horrible

It looks like I am the only one left in pending list with receipt date in JAN month. I just called DOL, my case is still in pending status, not been assigned
to any analyst, reason not known. It's horrible !!!!. My employer has sent
the fax requests twice, no reply yet. My attorney is not that much helpful.
Any more ideas to know about the status of my case.
TOday they have moved the processing month to FEB'03 officially.

Shirs

ATL10again,
I-693 is the medical report form. The designated surgeon will complete this form with the required
information and give it to you in a sealed envelope. Do not open this sealed envelope. Several indians
test positive to the tuberculin test and may require an x-ray.

Concurrent is filing I-140 and I-485 together. Semi-concurrent is filing the I-485 after receiving the receipt
notice for I-140. Pro's and Con's are too confusing after the recent note released few days ago. I am just leaning towards
semi-concurrent.

shirs said:
It looks like I am the only one left in pending list with receipt date in JAN month. I just called DOL, my case is still in pending status, not been assigned

Shirs
Just be patient and wait.you have done what you could.There is nothing much you can do after this.

shirs said:

Shirs

Shirs, Finally I called DOL now and spoke to a lady about my case, she can not find my case in the database and was asking me to wait for another month or two to hear any news and she said they are processing Jan and Feb cases so you will be hearing soon about your case.

My case details

Hello everyone,

I'm new here. Here are my details. Filed in Mississippi, got forwarded to Atl in July 03; been waiting since.

It is comforting being in the company of people in the same predicament. This is like a 12 step program or something.

Well let's get down to some business.

1- When folks get approved do they hear the news via the phone system or by mail? I'm thinking it is futile to check the phone system because they don't seem to update it.

2- Has anyone heard about the ATL office utilizing outside contractrs to help with cases filed after agust 03? I heard this rumor but the Atl office denied this vehemently.

3- We need to encourage people NOT TO FILE MORE THAN ONE APPLICATION. I've met folks with 3 and 4 applications. This slows down the system a lot.

Thanks

Another Victim

Hello,
I'm entering into this thread for the first time. I see that almost everyone whose Labor Case received in ATL DOL in Dec 02 & Jan/Feb 03 got their approvals. I'm the one still haven't heard though my case got x-mitted to DOL on Dec 10th 2002. Should I call my lawyer or should I call DOL? Any idea what is DOL Ph#? Also what should I ask them?

Yet Another Victim...!

Yav

I think this is high time that you enquire your employer/attorney about your case status. DOL officially changed their processing dates to Feb 2003.
If you have case # in hand call Phone (404) 562-2115 . But forum will highly recommend not to call Atlanta DOL since they are already backlogged with cases...First enquire your employer and attorney and ask your attorney to fax request DOL about your status. Hope this helps...
Good Luck... :)

yav said:
Hello,
I'm entering into this thread for the first time. I see that almost everyone whose Labor Case received in ATL DOL in Dec 02 & Jan/Feb 03 got their approvals. I'm the one still haven't heard though my case got x-mitted to DOL on Dec 10th 2002. Should I call my lawyer or should I call DOL? Any idea what is DOL Ph#? Also what should I ask them?

Yet Another Victim...!

here is the news guy ..
My labor got approved ..
not sure when .. my lawyer just called me and deliver this devine message ...
I will post the detail ASAP ..

Congratulations, pan959.

I remembered I just added your name to the pending list a couple of days ago and you've removed yourself from there. Best luck for your 140 and 485.

Here is the updated list with pan959 and jifjef's info.

Prevailing Wages RFEs?

Guys.. i just checked the DOL database for my case (pending since May 23 2003) .. and it shows a prevailing wage that is about 20,000 dollars more than my salary!! Spoke to my attorney and he said that the DOL might have put me in the - Level 2 "Applications" Software Engineer category, for which the 2002's prevailing wage for 90,700 smthg. I noticed that a lot of guys have been issues RFEs for this purpose. Is it pretty much certain that the same is gonna happen for me?

a) Since the difference in salaries in so huge (20k).. is there a possibility of a rejection ? Has anyone been rejected on this basis ?

b) what exactly, is the best strategy to fight such an RFE? What arguments should the lawyer present?

c) Whats the usual timeframe for processing the case after a RFE-reply has been sent ? It seems to be really varying.. some guys said as early as a week.. while others said it can take upto 2-3 months extra.

Please let me know! Thanks a lot.

I called the DOL, I was told that some documentation was missing.
A notice was sent out to my Lawer last week and he has 35 days to respond.

Question:
1>Would this be classified as an RFE or NOF?

2>IS it normal to gety only 35 days to respond?

Thanks,

My Labor gor approved

Hi everyone,

My Labot got approved. Thanks for all your support and information. Here are the details

State : Sep 2001
DOL : Feb 21 2003
Approved : May 6 2004 ( my employer got the approval letter)
: May 14 2004 (My Lawyer recieved the LC)

Thanks once again and Best of luck for everyone.

Thanks

Congrats anr1380, wish you good luck for your I140/485. Hopefully my labour will be approved sometime this week.

Question

Does anyone know when the backlog reduction centers will go into effect? And if the Atlanta office will benefit from those centers versus the state offices?

Status
Not open for further replies.