Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/24/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
jifjef said:
Does anyone know when the backlog reduction centers will go into effect? And if the Atlanta office will benefit from those centers versus the state offices?

http://www.murthy.com/news/n_permup.html

Backlog Reduction

In concert with the PERM program, the DOL is also moving forward on a backlog reduction program for the over 300,000 pending labor certifications nationwide. They have established two Central Application Processing centers for backlog reduction in Dallas, TX and Philadelphia, PA. The goal is to eliminate the backlogs and adjudicate every regular LC or RIR case pending by July 2006.

Case update ...

My case was received by ATLDOL on 03/10/2003.

Just now I received a call from my attorney. She said that she has received a communication from ATLDOL requesting to furnish "more details" on the recruitment procedures for my case. She is preparing to reply ATLDOL's query and is hoping to have a response back in about 3-4 weeks timeframe.

I hope everything goes well. I will keep you all posted about the progress.

mhsoor
:confused:

mhsoor-

Don't worry! Your attorney may take care of it. Looks like DOL almost finished working with Feb cases and started working Match cases actively.

Any news from

GC2ME Feb 06 2003
GA0501 Feb 06 2003
ADOL Feb 06 2003

looks like DOL is processing March cases, I am checking with my attorney and haven't heard anything so far.

still waiting

No news yet, looks like my app is with the slowest/busiest person at DOL.
I called them last week and they say its still pending.
The lady was kind of upset that we all are calling too much.

Reddy20 said:
Any news from

GC2ME Feb 06 2003
GA0501 Feb 06 2003
ADOL Feb 06 2003

looks like DOL is processing March cases, I am checking with my attorney and haven't heard anything so far.

I was thinking that we all should coordinate when we call.

If we call on the same day for example it would

1- cause less of an interruption in their work hence additional delays in processing times.

2- Send a message that there is a large volume of folks unhappy about the processing time. (I know that they know that now but a sudden surge delivers a message).

3- It might also be a good idea to ask our lawyers to call in during the same day.

As per GC2ME's reply, it is better to avoid calling DOL frequently, I suggest only Jan and Feb guys call and enquire only once instead of calling them regularly and slowing down the process.
We cannot speed up the process by calling them regularly.

singh244,

As per my lawyer, "it is nothing to worry about. Such queries are very common". But for me, the time ahead is gonna be very stressful and full of tension.

Frankly, I am a bit nervous.

What bothers me is after waiting for two and a half years (just for LCA), this is what you get to hear.

mhsoor

singh244 said:
mhsoor ,

What is the feedback from your lawyer. Does she think it is a big deal or a regular update?

Thansk

Congratulations, pan959

As pan959 Mar 29 2003 - Approved around May 14 2004 GA state
It makes strage to me again

Atl DOL Mar 12 2003 and I have not got any info yet??
Is this to worry further more... any idea

chr said:
As pan959 Mar 29 2003 - Approved around May 14 2004 GA state
It makes strage to me again

Atl DOL Mar 12 2003 and I have not got any info yet??
Is this to worry further more... any idea

It is quite normal situtation at atlanta DOL. so nothing to worry about it. But be in touch with your employer/lawyer. Your case might get approved at anytime now.

My add said Bachelors + 5 years exp. They need to know why this is the min requiremeny?

I had Masters + 2 years. They need to know how I qualify?

A tear sheet of my add was not provided!

any comments guys. I am really nervous...

DOL is working on weekends too

Guys,

You will be surprised to know that my LC was certified on May 8th(Saturday) & my lawyer also confirmed that DOL is working on weekends to finish the processing of all pending applications before PERM takes into effect.

Singh244,

You should be fine since the ad cliping is missing. If Requirment says Bach.+5 and if you have Ms+2, there is no problem. Mine was a similar situation. I didn't face any problems. In the advertisement issue, make sure you stay informed on your lawyers activity responding DOL. As, far as they don't ask to re-advertise, you are fine. Even if they ask to re-advertise, it is just more time consuming but eventually it will get certified.

One more thing, guys, please don't call DOL unless it is absolutely necessary. DOL is really unhappy about beneficiaries calling for status check. It will furthur delay processing for others. My attorney was really unhappy when he found out that I contacted DOL for status check.

Good luck everybody.

PainCard

Congrats again PainCard...Good luck for I 140/485...are you planning for concurrent or semi or CP...keep us updated about AVM updates too.. :)

Some_Greencard

I am filing concurrent.

According to my lawyer, that is the best option currently after the new CIS memo. There is no advantage of filing 485 separately.

CP is out of question. since 140 needs to be approved prior to interview and it takes 6-8 months currently after 140 approval for an interview. Since, 140/485 will be adjusted at a same time and 140 processing date will govern the processing time, 140 processing time is expected to remain slow till CIS eliminate backlogs. Financially also, CP is not a good option.

Don't waste your time checking AVM, it has not been upadated since Jan 04.

Status
Not open for further replies.