Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/24/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats satfrank !!!!

Congrats satfrank,

Wish you all the best for you dealings with USCIS....

I don't know if you guys are aware of it or not but looks like US goverment has almost decided not to give GC anymore and just earn money using 140/485 Current process..

PainCard,

I'm with you to ask DOL guys to update the AVM.
But remember this is not the Atlanta DOL guys who updates the AVM. So, Please don't give them unnecessary calls.

Yes, you can call the 1-877.... number OR just ask one time (From ATLANTA DOL ) to get the numbers of the department who handles the Updation of AVM and call them or other department who are responsible for that...

I myself tried but in vain; But I'm not losing hopes and I will again try many times until they fix this..

But again this is the duty of some other software department who handles this and also the FLCDATACENTER.COM site...So, make a call to them...

Thanks

Finally Some news on my case

Just called the DOL on the 404 562 2115 line and a gentleman there was kind enough to look up my case.

Looks like my case was remanded to Employer and that DOL received a reply from my employer on the 22nd of April - yesterday. He said that my case was no longer in the file as it was on an analyst's desk for processing.

Surprising thing is that my employer/attorney has not contacted me about this remand notification.

Some questions for the gurus:
1. Can the attorney not know about remand notifications?
2. Any idea how long it takes to get an answer after replying to a remand notification?
3. Are Remand notifications necessarily bad - meaning will it affect my case in any adverse way?

Please shed light.

Thanks in advance,

ogenp

The AVM should be updated!!! Is DOL responsible for it or not is a different issue but having a tool that serves no puspose is not right especially when every time we call they tell us to refer to this non functioning AVM.

The point is that we are not supposed to call DOL directly. It has to be the company or the law firm. So we as individuals cannot leverage the DOL for anything. But this certainly needs to be pursued by a willing law-firm or employer!!

DesiDon

Thanks ognep !!!!

Thanks for sharing your info..
Here are my two cents to your questions....

1. Can the attorney not know about remand notifications?
>> If the company/Laywer don't know about your remand notifications then how come the DOL has received a reply
from your emploer/Lawyer.

Yes, if in Labor the mentioned correspondence address is of employer then probably the RFE/NOF directly went to Employer not to lawyer. But generally if the case is filed by some lawyer then the correspondence address should always be of lawyer.

2. Any idea how long it takes to get an answer after replying to a remand notification?

>>>No Idea..As you can see in the our list, lots of RFE/NOF guys are still waiting. But you should better contact your lawyer and if they are not aware and you are paying for the lawyer. I would suggest change your lawyer as if they can't handle if properly then what's the use.

3. Are Remand notifications necessarily bad - meaning will it affect my case in any adverse way?

>>>Generally Remand to employer is not bad and might require some addition documents like show whether you had past layoff etc..OR might be minute correction like Signature..etc..
you never know until lawyer/employer are not telling you.

Hope this helps....

P.S...>> This is my two cents; I might be wrong.

Thanks

Some companies have a "not too open" policy about communicating status of the application to the employee. Its entirely possible that your lawyer knew but the company did not deem it necessary for you to know.
The rationale they give is that the labor app is the company's application and they can do with it what they like. They can even take your labor application and use it for someone more important. Also companies which are not actively applying for new labor apps are secretive about existing applications in the system. If the rest of the guys know that a company is responding favorably to RFE, NOF's, remands etc that they have to justify why they are not applying for labor for the other employees, which is a HR nightmare right there.
It is generally assumed that if you are an H-1B employee, then the company will have to file your greencard. This is not true. There are many companies who have filed labor apps in the past but have a freeze on that policy now a days.

DesiDon

I am back. Do not know the status of my labor Remand reply yet. Will let you guys know as soon as I hear something from my employer

FYI -- in case if the links did not work

FYI - in case if the links did not work,

http://immigration.about.com/b/a/2004_04_25.htm

By Jaime S. Jordon / Associated Press Writer

DALLAS (AP) -- An online service starting Wednesday will help immigrants work their way through a backlog at the immigration office and dramatically reduce the time it takes to get residency status, officials with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services said.

The online program, INFOPASS, will allow customers to schedule appointments with immigration officers. An accompanying pilot program will enable qualified applicants to receive their permanent resident card within 90 days of filing their applications.

"People need to understand they don't need to come here and get in line for our information services anymore," said Jeffrey Sapko, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services program manager.

The Dallas pilot program allows customers filing either a petition for alien relative application or an application for permanent residence or adjustment of status to be processed within 90 days of filing, said Angela Barrows, USCIS district director. Applicants would have to wait far longer under the previous system.

"If our pilot's successful, we can say goodbye to backlog," Barrows said. "No more waiting six months, nine months, a year for your adjustment status. If your package is complete, you'd have your interview the same day."

She said the Dallas agency already has been reducing backlog by about 30 percent a month. By September, the agency expects to have processed all applications made through the regular system through April. The pilot program also can work for some other applicant forms, such as a diversity lottery winner or widower, she said.

They will begin interviewing customers who register through INFOPASS on May 3.

The INFOPASS service is in English, Spanish and Haitian/Creole, because of its Florida roots, Sapko said. INFOPASS already is in use in Miami.

The agency plans to add more languages. Sapko said the agency will be placing kiosk with Internet access in its offices, so customers without Internet access will be able to make the online appointments.

Barrows said the agency is not worried about the new process affecting national security.

"Nothing will be approved without all the security checks," Barrows said. "The interview is on day one. Day two through day 90 is dedicated solely for background checks. If you are a threat to the national security of this country, you do not qualify for residency here."

------

On the Net:

www.uscis.gov

(Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

APTV-04-21-04 1454CDT

LC Approved

My attorneys have informed me that my application for labor certification has been approved by the US DOL.

Received GA SESA: December 08, 2003
Fwded to US DOL, Atlanta: March 04, 2004
Approval received: April 23, 2004

Good luck to everyone here. Will see you in the 140/485/765/131 forums.

Good News Guys

Hi I am silent watcher of this group. My Labor got approved. Mine went to Atlanta on March 17th. Looks like Atlanta folks are working now a days.

Just want to make sure that you actually mean 2004 in your recieved date for GA DOL.
Do you mind sharing what professsion or job category your labor was filed for?
Thanks much

Mickey_32
and karurk

Congrats.

can you please tell us what state you filed your labor from and werre you eb2 or eb3.

Thanks

karurk, is your case transferred to Atl DOL in March 2002 or 2003? Which exact date it was transferred to ATL DOL. Did you file from Atlanta or other state

Status
Not open for further replies.