Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/24/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
prosix,
I-140 from texas is currently taking 1 year(if no RFE's). Considering filing I-485 concurrently ... the processing time is about 33 months.

It takes about 4-6 months until you get your packet from NVC after I-140 is approved so the process of CP is approx 17- 20 months. The CP is about 12- 14 months faster however you dont have to worry much after your I-140 is approved because of AC21 portability. If you are very much worried about losing your job in the next 1 year CP can be a risk and I-485 might be a better option.

I am unexperienced with this process but i have been reading the CP forums and experiences.. can be scary sometimes.

some_greencard,
I will update as soon as I hear something from my employer/ attorney....

My employer attorney is no good with poor communication and no response. I will be hiring my own attorney for the next steps.... Well I can do the paper work myself for the next steps but dont want to take a chance at this stage.....

Congratulations Man....

Prosix,

First of all many many congratulations!!!

Second,

Pashwin and Rajeev are right about the going for I-485 instead of CP. Above all the info they mentioned about time frame, USCIS is very committed to reduce all types of immigration backlogs within couple of years. They have a deadline from President Bush to bring processing time to 6 months by FY2006.

I have visited many credible web-sites stating the same and it is also alll over official USCIS web site. I have never seen official web-site talking about reducing the back-log. So, I feel that there will be definitely aggressive actions taken by them. Also, if you notice that Texas service center is the fastest lately in processing I-485s compared to other centers & it is really catching up with other centers.

Here is the link of USCIS web site and they have posted the headlines for reducing the back-log.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/index.htm

Congrates again

prosix - congrats...

Congrats., PROSIX. Best of luck with the next phases.

I am glad to see everybody on the board pouring in their
knowledge trying to assist you with your next step consideration.

It just makes me feel nice...

regards,

Re: prosix - congrats...

Just to let you all know that one of my friends have concurrent filed in texas center. He received Advance Payroll for him and his family. Also, his wife EAD is approved and is waiting for his EAD to get approved. He applied in early December 2003.

Hope this help....

Pashwin.....I am from NC so pls don't mention Adam Vinatieri!!!!

So its pretty apparant that AVM sucks ass.
I'll let y'all know the news (good or bad) as soon as I find out!!!

DesiDon

Desidon777

When I saw Desidon's posting, I was thinking that his was certified too, only that it was to congratulate prosix. Could ATL DOL become efficient overnight? One down, lots more to go. C'mon December guys, get the hell out out of this list and make way for the rest. We'll be cheering you on. Here's the list again.

Originally posted by pashwin

prosix December 17,2002 - Approved - 01/28/04
DESIDON777 December 23,2002
pashwin December 27,2002
saras76 January 06, 2003
hudakchullu January 07, 2003
ognep, January 13, 2003
NII, January 23, 2003
pinoy69, January 23, 2003
atl-la-bore Jan 29, 2003
PainCard January 30, 2003
GC2ME Feb06,2003
GA0501 Feb 06, 2003
ADOL, Feb06, 2003
ATL01, Feb06, 2003
vangaru Feb 6 2003
waters, Feb10, 2003
sthirumal Feb 24, 2003
mhsoor, March 10, 2003
adibazz March 23, 2003
singh244 march 11 , 2003
ATL03 March 24, 2003
aksmks march26, 2003
sunny_sm April 14, 2003
gcsucks 23rd April 2003
rxr May 2003
H1Buser2002 May 6th 2003
satishshetty5 May12 , 2003
smbasha July 1, 2003
Some_GreenCard July 11, 2003
powerman August 28,2003
rim September 8, 2003
TAMIL_GC September 29, 2003
kandy_iyer OCT 27, 2003 [/B]
:D

congrats ...

Contrats prosix, you finally made it.
Could you please do us a favor and update the forum
when your case status changes on the AVM.
That way we know they updated the darn thing , atleast to some level.

Thx.

Question on Prevailing Wage

Folks,
Quick question. What are the issues I face if at the time of filing the labor application, the prevailing wage was greater than my salaray at that time? Since the Labor application is for a future employment, if the difference is not great, will the DOL consider it as a future salary? Has anyone got an RFE or NOF issued for such cases?

Thanks in Advance,

Ognep

It is quite normal. You won't face any problem. Employer has to pay you the salary as mentioned as prevailing wage upon approval of your GC.

prosix,

CONGRATULATIONS. It is really a good news after such a long time. I can imagine, how glad you must have been, on receiving this news. Well, good luck to you for I-140/I-485.

I would suggest filing concurrently. That way you can get your EAD within couple of months. Also, if you have face to tough time at job (god forbid), you have an option to change job after 6 months of receiving your EAD. Only catch is that the new job profile should match the current job profile.

Just a suggestion, but you be the judge for yourself.

Goodluck, once again.

MHSOOR,

I think he risk in Concurrent and CP are almost same. Coz in concurrent you can not transfer to new job untill you have approved I-140. So if I am going to concurrent I would have to wait for 12-13 months for I-140 approval b4 I can change the job. Almost same thing in CP to, I would have to wait for 12-13 months+4-6 months (CP)=16 months (roughly). But in case of CP i would have GC in my hand.

I know some people have changed the job b4 I-140 approval in concurrent (coz of layoffs), but there is a risk, if you get RFE during that time.

I learned one lesson from the journey upto this time, that it is all luck and gamble. I am ready to gamble by putting my case under CP. I anything worse happens, then I will go back to india and get a job there. So in other words that wouldn't be the end of life.

I am more excited coz one of my friend wen tto India for CP interview at delhi last month and his exp. was quiet good. They didn't ask a single question and not even asked for original documents. Even my friend was telling that they were quiet humorous and much better than folks here in INS or so called BCIS. HE got plastic card :D :D with in 2 weeks.

Anyway just to update you guys that only my employer has received a courtsey approval notice from DOL, so still waiting for Attorney to get actual ETA-750 with approval stamp.

anyone has idea how long they take to send it to attorney.

One Website for us.

http://www.flcdatacenter.com/casesearchperm.asp

I was in a hurry last time. This is a very good webiste, It tells you everything about your case. Even you can download the whole text (zip) file and search for specific detail.

It will show you all the cases applied for the company, lawyer name, status, application date, SESA date, etc. etc. etc.

I would suggest everyone to visit once this website and type in your company's name and state. You will be amazed to see the details. Hope you all will like it.

Hudakchullu

Wonderful web site Hudakchulu! And Prosix - Wonderful news. Hope everything works out well in the next stages.

ATL03

Wonderful web site Hudakchulu! Ane Prosix - Wonderful news. Hope everything works out well in the next stages.

ATL03

Status
Not open for further replies.