Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/24/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi kandy_iyer,

I haven't got the case number yet. When I called USDOL to get my case number, they asked me make a fax request by the attorney. My attorney did that long back. But no reply. I really don't know how i can get the case number?

case numbers.

TAMIL_GC,

From what I understand, ATL DOL has delayed issuing case numbers to cases. Previously, about 2 or 3 months ago they used to issue case numbers as soon as they received the applications. Now, they are assigning the case numbers when after an officer picks up the case. Basically, there is a delay in the assignment of case numbers. It would be best to have the lawyer call them and confirm that they received the applcation. I have heard of several cases where the application just gets lost between SESA and ATL DOL. Hope it helps.

Hi kobra33611,

Thank you so much for the great info. I will ask my lawyer to find out whether my application is received by USDOL or not.

glrao,

one of my collegue's LC was reached at lawyers hand within 2 weeks. A month back, there was one user in this forum said, it took almost a month time to receive it.

Mysterious_GC !

Wow! wonderfull work. So at least we have some idea now. Mine in Mid Dec, so I should expect end of dec for approval and would file 140/485 to celeberate New Year :D Seems like their speed of processing is going down day by day. It is now month by month-12. earlier it used to be month by month-10 or 11. But still there are some fortunate guys whose case got approved within 1 to 2 months time.

Mysterious_GC, please let us all know which number should we dial to talk them in person?

Weired

Atlanta DOL is one of the most weired service center. The way they are certifying cases is like buying a lottery. You never know when your case will come for processing. I have come to know about 4 more cases which got processed really fast and all of them were IT related (RIR). One case moved to Atlanta DOL in March 2003 and other 3 in May 2003. This is really frustrating and disappointing.........:confused:

Mysterious_GC,

Sounds like a good idea. It is certainly legal to file for more than 1 labor cert with a company as long as you are filing it in diferent areas.

You will need to check out the amount of time it will take for your non-RIR application to pass through SESA and Federal stages in the new region you are conisdering. If the amount of time it takes is longer than 12 months, it would be a useless strategy. Good luck and god help us all.

Mysterious_GC,

Philadelphia takes approximately 16 months for state and regional LC clearence for Regular (Non-RIR) according to current processing time. Since your LC has moved to ATL DOL on april, your case will be processed within 4-5 months. Better you can wait for the decision from ATL DOL.

Mysterious_GC,

I think you should stick to Atlanta DOL, the way things are moving here it might be 4-5 months max or if you are those lucky ones it might be tomorrow...........:cool:

aksmks

Time out

Hello to all Guru's/Bhai Log Of this forum.
My lawyer has given the ad for RIR processing and I think we are getting started on other paper work in DEC. I want to know of anything that I need to be careful about Any inputs/suggestions on how to handle things and stuff like that. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

AVM is not working... Seems like it became practice for DOL to shutdown AVM on Monday morning :p

Did anyone tried sucessfully?

I tried that number, but that is going to automatic voice message and telling to leave number and a brief message

Status
Not open for further replies.