Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/24/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Labor approved

Finally my labor is approved on JULy 27, 2004 after my employer replied for the Remand. I checked AVM and it says my case is certified.

seannc & atldolwait u guys are next in line to give us the good news. Hope to hear something from u guys soon . Any idea on the status of the followng :
sai1234 Mar 10 2003
adibazz Mar 23 2003
ATL03 Mar 24 2003
scabtl Mar 26 2003

RFE or NOF?

Whats diffrence between the following terms

Notice of finding
RFE
Remand issued to employer

Can someone clarify on this pleasee....

Congratulations Reddy20 !!

So what's your plan ?

Reddy20 said:
Finally my labor is approved on JULy 27, 2004 after my employer replied for the Remand. I checked AVM and it says my case is certified.

Labor Approval...

I was just thinking that REDDY20 should get his labour approval. And i saw his case getting cleared... COngrats REDDY20 Happy for u...

Now it is a good news from my end i think my Labour is approved. I called my employer and he did not get any information. I checked AVM and put on my case number and also checked by employer phone number. It says my case is certified on 07/29/2004.I could not believe it.. so i had to check it couple of times.... It is such a relief after 2 years 5 months....

Here are my details

Applied GA SESA --> Feb 2002.
Forwarded to ATLDOL --> MARCH-26-2003
AVM says LABOUR APPROVAL --> JULY-29-2004

My lawyer was telling it should take 2 weeks for them to get the approval.

All the best for the other guys...

Scbatl

Congratulations to all approved guys!

Best luck for your next step.
This thread hasn't been flood by approval notices for so loooooong. Now bearing this good sign, everybody can have a nice weekend. ;)

Congratulations scbatl!! Yes.. I didn't believe it too... :)

I guess ATL people are really working!!

scbatl said:
I was just thinking that REDDY20 should get his labour approval. And i saw his case getting cleared... COngrats REDDY20 Happy for u...

Now it is a good news from my end i think my Labour is approved. I called my employer and he did not get any information. I checked AVM and put on my case number and also checked by employer phone number. It says my case is certified on 07/29/2004.I could not believe it.. so i had to check it couple of times.... It is such a relief after 2 years 5 months....

Here are my details

Applied GA SESA --> Feb 2002.
Forwarded to ATLDOL --> MARCH-26-2003
AVM says LABOUR APPROVAL --> JULY-29-2004

My lawyer was telling it should take 2 weeks for them to get the approval.

All the best for the other guys...

Scbatl

labournc

if you decide to go the 140/485 route make sure to tell you employer that you need to apply for EAD and AP at the same time. Do not go with semi-concurrent filing instead opt for concurrent filing.
EAD cards will now be issued for more than 1 year. duration of EAD will be based on your 485 processing time...meaning if the USCIS thinks your GC will take 2 years from now...you'll get an EAD for you and your wife for 2 years.

Thanks a lot to all...

I cannot express how helpful this forum is . With out this forum i donot how to get the information. Even today after seeing Reddy20 labour gettting certified i felt to check the AVM... then after checking i could not believe.

I guess it is the patience u got to have...

THanks a lot to all the people in this forum for helping each other and posting their details... I wish all the best for everyone and hope everyone case gets cleared soon....

Scbatl

Thanks nishokie for you reply. Thats great news... Where and how did you find out about this ?

nishokie said:
if you decide to go the 140/485 route make sure to tell you employer that you need to apply for EAD and AP at the same time. Do not go with semi-concurrent filing instead opt for concurrent filing.
EAD cards will now be issued for more than 1 year. duration of EAD will be based on your 485 processing time...meaning if the USCIS thinks your GC will take 2 years from now...you'll get an EAD for you and your wife for 2 years.

Good News

Here is the good news from ATL DOL. This is the reason we are getting lot of approvals this week. I hope they clear as many cases as possible before sending it to the backog Reduction centers.

Atlanta Regional Office's Efforts to Reduce Backlog: They are trying to process as many cases as possible so they do not have to be transferred to the Backlog Reduction Centers. They advised that the office had a technical problem for the last year that has now been solved which should allow the office to process cases more expeditiously. (They reported that the system is set up whereby the SWAs enter information about cases electronically which is then entered into a database at the National DOL. The office then downloads this information when cases are transferred to the Regional Office. For the last year, the office has not been able to download the case info due to a technical problem so that his office had to manually re-enter the case info, causing substantial delays. The problem has now been resolved and the office now can download the cases directly, which should free up the analysts' time to process cases.)

atl0624

i hope my case doesnt go to the backlog reduction center. i have a friend who case from philly has been sent to the backlog reduction center and its been months and he is still waiting....

atl0624 said:
Here is the good news from ATL DOL. This is the reason we are getting lot of approvals this week. I hope they clear as many cases as possible before sending it to the backog Reduction centers.

Atlanta Regional Office's Efforts to Reduce Backlog: They are trying to process as many cases as possible so they do not have to be transferred to the Backlog Reduction Centers. They advised that the office had a technical problem for the last year that has now been solved which should allow the office to process cases more expeditiously. (They reported that the system is set up whereby the SWAs enter information about cases electronically which is then entered into a database at the National DOL. The office then downloads this information when cases are transferred to the Regional Office. For the last year, the office has not been able to download the case info due to a technical problem so that his office had to manually re-enter the case info, causing substantial delays. The problem has now been resolved and the office now can download the cases directly, which should free up the analysts' time to process cases.)

Congrats

NCstate said:
Do you have any idea how long will take your Certificate to reach your employer ?

For guys who got the certification on AVM:

It took just 2 weeks for my lawyer to get the confirmation from ATL. My was approved July 10 and got the certified labor on 23rd of July. See you all in I-140/485 Forum

nishokie

how did your friend know that his case was transferred to the Backlog Reduction Center? I really hate those centers in that we will be among the line of 50 states instead of just a few states in Atlanta center.

Adjustment of Status or Consular Processing

I know all case are different but is there a general rule applicable to all?

Is Adjustment of Status or Consular Processing good?

nishokie said:
ok use this pros and cons document if you want to go the 140/485 route or CP route.

and here is the link to the EAD info.........

http://murthy.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.