Atlanta PERM Processing Center Tracking

New Perm Filed Today

We filed our second PERM today. First one was denied last year.
How many days is taking ATL to make a decision these days?

Jadoo85

PERM Approved

My PERM application was filed on July 20th and was approved on Aug3rd and got my certified papers in the mail on the 5th. Now am off to I140. Everyone in my company has been getting their approvals within 2 weeks one got approved the same day in Atlanta. Best of luck everyone.

santhaks said:
My PERM application was filed on July 20th and was approved on Aug3rd and got my certified papers in the mail on the 5th. Now am off to I140. Everyone in my company has been getting their approvals within 2 weeks one got approved the same day in Atlanta. Best of luck everyone.

Congrats!! :)
From which states were all these cases filed?

Congrats santhaks .

Can you please mention your PERM details. (line educaiton, experience, eb2/eb3 etc)

Thanks.

BEC Philadelphia
PD: Feb 5, 2003 | NJ, EB3, RIR
45-Day Letter RD: 01/25/06
Case #: P-05132-0****
Case Approved: Aug 4, 2006
Abandoned due to backdate.

PERM
EB2 Filed: Aug 8, 2006

PERM approved

Hi guys, I just want to raise your hopes a little bit. My PERM was filed 7-10-06, certified 8/7/06, and copy got in mail today 8/11/06. My advice is with careful preparation, no typos, no other logical mistakes, it is a very normal process. If your case is like that, expect a timely and positive result.

Good luck to all! All the best!

braniand said:
Hi guys, I just want to raise your hopes a little bit. My PERM was filed 7-10-06, certified 8/7/06, and copy got in mail today 8/11/06. My advice is with careful preparation, no typos, no other logical mistakes, it is a very normal process. If your case is like that, expect a timely and positive result.

Good luck to all! All the best!
Congratulations!!! :) Please update the tracker at:
http://www.trackitt.com
Good luck for 140 and 485!!!

My case was filed under Eb2. I have masters with 3 years experience.

AruSoft said:
Congrats santhaks .

Can you please mention your PERM details. (line educaiton, experience, eb2/eb3 etc)

Thanks.

one of my colleague got approval email from the lawyer on August 12 for a case filed on august 2.
mine was filed in the same day for the same job, using the same materials, by the same lawyer, hasn't heard anything yet :cool:

wanted to apply for labor under perm. please help!!!

Hi gurus,
I have BS + 12 yrs experience. I am in california. I wanted to apply for PERM under Eb2 .

1. How long will it take to get approval under PERM?

2. I have an old PD March 2003 labor,under eb3. Can I use this PD for applying I 485 having PERM eb2 approval?

thanks in advance for your help

Meera Maria said:
Hi gurus,
I have BS + 12 yrs experience. I am in california. I wanted to apply for PERM under Eb2 .

1. How long will it take to get approval under PERM?

2. I have an old PD March 2003 labor,under eb3. Can I use this PD for applying I 485 having PERM eb2 approval?

thanks in advance for your help

1. PERM approval times are totally based on luck. PERM approvals can take as little as a few days to a few weeks or even several months (although DOL originally mentioned in the regulations that they will "try to" process all PERM application within 45 to 60 days). If PERM case gets audited, it normally takes anywhere from around 9 months to a year after response to audit is sent.

2. You can use the old PD to file 485 only if you get an I-140 approved based on the LC bearing March 2003 PD. Some more info about "Retention of Priority Dates" can be found in this article:
http://www.murthy.com/news/UDinsigs.html

thank u

thanks mvinays for the suggestions.

Should i have to wait for I140 approval under PERM labor to recapture my old PD of march 2003. Anyway, i am going to apply PERM with the same employer. Hope luck favors me :)
I wanted to try this route to apply I 485. otherwise, as of now, i have to wait minimum 1 to 2 yrs for me to get my PD for eb3, retrogressed country.

Meera Maria said:
thanks mvinays for the suggestions.

Should i have to wait for I140 approval under PERM labor to recapture my old PD of march 2003. Anyway, i am going to apply PERM with the same employer. Hope luck favors me :)
I wanted to try this route to apply I 485. otherwise, as of now, i have to wait minimum 1 to 2 yrs for me to get my PD for eb3, retrogressed country.

It is a good idea for you to file PERM in EB2 category.

While filing the newer I-140 (based on PERM approval), you can claim the March 2003 PD if your earlier I-140 is already approved (based on PBEC labor). This is what I infer from the above MurthyBulletin article.

PERM Certified

ATL.

Applied August 07 2006.
Certified August 18th 2006.

Very quick, especially I don't have much time left on my h1b.

Jadoo85