Atlanta PERM Processing Center Tracking

Case Audited

Hello All,
Does any one knows how long does it takes for approval/denial after a case has been audited?

Filed: 14 th Aug 05
Audit received: 16 October 05
Replied: 26 October 05
Current status:In Process... :mad:

Why is PERM so FUCKED UP?

I thought the whole point of PERM was that it was streamlined & automated. Why is it taking 3+ months to go through PERM? Anyone have any insight from their lawyers, moles, gurus and palm readers? I mean, do PERM applications have to be looked at by many people? If so, how's it different than the regular process? I thought the whole idea was to make it a rubber-stamp process with selective audits to ensure honesty.

Also, looking at the slick PERM Tracker here:
http://www.nriweb.com/atlantapermtracker.php?category=&status=&cv=&sortfield=1&sortorder=asc
Why are some applications submitted in 12/05 and 01/06 already approved, while several applications submitted in 11/05 and 12/05 are stuck? I thought this was supposed to be a FIFO system? What accounts for applications being processed out of order?

WTF!!!!!!!!!

-N

Nobody Has a Fucking Clue

nuculer said:
WTF!!!!!!!!!

-N

Below is a portion of a transcript of a chat with Attorney Sheela Murthy that talks about how screwed up PERM is. Goes to show you that nobody has a fucking clue, not even the professionals.

Question: After filing the labor application under PERM, when can we expect to get any response or feedback? My company filed my labor in October 2005, and I haven"t heard anything yet.

Answer: We have received PERM approvals in anywhere from a few days, and in at least a case or two, after about 120 days or 4 months. So, hopefully, the Department of Labor is ready to make a decision on your case soon. We have quite a few cases that are over 90 days from October / November of last year, but the strange part is that the more recently-filed cases sometimes are approved earlier, and often there is no apparent reason for the differences in processing times. Jan-9-2006.

http://www.murthy.com/Chatdb.asp?sFor=perm&Cat=All&Category=&Search=

Talking about delays....

I have yet to be able to file for my PERM application. My employer resgitered online 7 weeks ago and we have yet to receive our password. We called the Atlanta cernter and all we have been told is that they are experiencing delays...

My laywer is suggesting to re-register if we don t receive anything next week. Anyone going through the same issues?
X.

My PERM got approved in 15 days...
EB3
PD : 01/12/2006
Certified : 01/26/2006

I am not sure how they function....some people are waiting for more than 6-7 months...for approval....Good luck to all....keep faith sooner or later it would be certified....

Let's Enter Our Cases In A Table (Please!)

Can people please enter their dates in this tracker?
http://www.nriweb.com/atlantapermtracker.php

It's a very nice tracking site; it makes it very easy to view & analyze the situation. Please?!! As you know, being able to understand the process even a little bit helps alleviate the extreme frustration that everyone feels.

(I have nothing to do with the website -- I saw a link for it in this forum).

Thanks.

Nice site to track labor applications

Thanks. The web site is very resourceful.

It is surprising to find that Philly BRC has approved a case with a priority date of April 14, 2003. So Philly BRC is not following the FIFO policy.

Certified

Applied on: 10/15/2005, Atlanta
Category: EB-2
Job: Software Engineer
Requirement: MS + 2 year experience or BS +5
Certified on 02/07/2006

Applied on 4/05 with Audit,it was denied, and Refile on 8/04/06, APPROVED on 8/28/06

FIRST APPLICATION DENIED
Project Engineer, MS
Applied on 4/08/05, in Atlanta
Audit letter on 7/05
Response on 7/05
Status changed from "Audit Review" to "In-Process" on 7/28/05.
Sent emails and they respond that it is still under process and to be patient.....It's been 10 months already.
Audit was because an incorrect filling of a question that stated that it required the employee to stay in employer premises, which was supossed to respond "no", but it was answered "yes". On the audit response it was explained and sent a revised form.....still waiting....
-Sent email to withdraw application on 7/05/06
-Received notice of denial on 7/10/06 via mail due to inconsistency of ads and application for exp and educ.
SECOND APPLICATION APPROVED!!
Project Engineer, MS,+2y exp.
-Refile on 8/04/06, correcting errros, sponsor email on 8/07/06. MS,+2exp.
-Approved on-line on 8/28/06, waiting for hard copy.
-FINALLY !!!!!!!, best wishes for everybody..

Last edited by a moderator:
andy garcia said:
My Attorney has received the hard copy and Employer got the courtesy letter.

EB2 (Masters ) System Software Engineer

PERM applied: Sept 20,2005
Certified Date : Sept 29,2005 (9 days :) :) )
Received Date : Oct 03,2005

Good luck to all of you guys

andy_garcia,

Were there any alternative minimum job requirements in your PERM application (other than MS+0)? Were you working for the sponsoring employer straight out of college (MS / graduate school) without work expereince? Please answer. Thanks!

One More Certified !!!

Hi Group!
Warm regards...
Today My employer told that my PERM was certified.
Thanks for the valuable info shared by this group and wish you all good luck.
Raj

EB2 (MS+0) Programmer Analyst

PERM applied: 1/6/2006
Certified Date : 2/17/2006

essar_usa2k said:
Hi Group!
Warm regards...
Today My employer told that my PERM was certified.
Thanks for the valuable info shared by this group and wish you all good luck.
Raj

EB2 (MS+0) Programmer Analyst

PERM applied: 1/6/2006
Certified Date : 2/17/2006

Congrats!!!!

1. Did the job have alternate (secondary) minimum requirements? If yes,what were those alternate requirements?

2. Since MS+0 is above what DOL thinks should be the minimum for Programmer Analyst position, did your employer prepare a business necessity documentation?

Applied on: 02/17, Atlanta
Category: EB-2
Requirement: MS + 6 months

Got approval just today !!!

EB3
Sales Manager
BS + 3 yeras of experience.
Filed ETA, 01/16/2006.
Approved 02/28/2006.

I wish to the rest of the people around here good luck.

NYC001 said:
EB3
Sales Manager
BS + 3 yeras of experience.
Filed ETA, 01/16/2006.
Approved 02/28/2006.

I wish to the rest of the people around here good luck.

Congrats!!!

What is your job code (O*NET code)?

What was the wage Level? Was it Level II?

What was the answer for question H-12? (Are these requirements normal to the occupation?).

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
???

Civil Eng. +3years
EB3
-Applied 01-12-05
-Refiled 06-28-05 PERM
-pretty much locked up now?!!!!!!!!
my lawyer says to wait?!

Labor Denied Perm case please advise

Hello Gurus !

Labor got denied on the 16th of Feb, 2006 at Atlanta center. Both the HR and the Lawyers say they dint receive any letter from the DOL asking them for additional evidence . The letter from DOL says that additional information was asked and wasnt received within the stipulated time frame. Please help!

What should be the course of action. We have 30 days from the 16th of Feb 2006 to reply ? Should we appeal or refile.

Thanks for all your help !