Atlanta PERM Processing Center Tracking

Message for Go0dfella !!

Hi Go0dfella,

Can you please give more details about your case and audit?

Mine was filed in Oct 2005 at Atlanta PERM Center. We got audit after 4 months in Feb 2006 asking for the proofs of experience, qualification etc.

Mine is an equivalency case i.e. (10+2+3+1 year Computer Diploma) being equivalent to BS (CS). Plus the ad required 7 years of experience which I possess.

Your case has raised a fear in my mind.

Can you please post more details about your case?

Thanks

guys,
my perm just got certified, well atleast thats what it says online.

applied jan 03 , 2006

no audit

certified : March 16

Congrats

I know you had to refile....finally it is all worth it right? Certification. Good luck with next stages. Congratulations.

go0dfella said:
guys,

applied jan 03 , 2006

no audit

go0dfella

hi
at which email address did ur hr contact the FLC ? My EB2 PERM has been inprocess since 120 days :(( Dont know what to do, lawyer says just Wait... i m frustrated !!

go0dfella said:
guys,

applied jan 03 , 2006

no audit

the next step

go0dfella said:
its all worth it man ..can anyone tell me what is next stage?
my HR send out email asking for status to PLC.Atlanta@dol.gov

Well the first thing is to go out and party. Come around to my neighborhood -- I'll buy us a drink.

After you recover from the hangover, file I-140 (petition for immigration) and I-485 (adjustment of status). You can file them concurrently to speed things up. You want to file the I-485 ASAP because after 180 days of waiting for I-485, you can move to another job even if the sponsoring company lays you off or goes under.

Here is a diagram of how it works:
http://www.path2usa.com/immigration/greencard/green_card.htm
(But the diagram doesn't show that I-140 and I-485 can be filed
concurrently).

-N.

the next stage is I-140. Get all ur documents ready like experience letters,degree certs etc. Which country do u belong to because if u r under EB2 and not from one of the retrogressed countries then u may be eligible to file for I-485 and get further benefits like EAD and Advance Parole..

Good luck
buddy

Website to see the status online.

Congrats Goodfella,

Can you share how did you see your status online? I filed it in Decemeber but still I am waiting.

Thanks

go0dfella said:
guys,

applied jan 03 , 2006

no audit

Nuclear,
yes tonight is party night and i am not even sure if i will be coming to work tomorrow, if u r around my area (queens) i will buy us a drink. Perm took 9 months (total) to get approved.

anyways i don't belong to one of retrogressed countries. so i don't have to wait for 180 days.

u can check status online if u know ur username and password. ur attorney must have that or ur HR.

perm app.

-Applied 01-12-05
-Refiled 06-28-05 PERM
certified: Mar 22nd

audit reason?

luckynot said:
-Applied 01-12-05
-Refiled 06-28-05 PERM
certified: Mar 22nd
which was the reason for audit??did you mail copy of application?

New To PERM

All,

I am applying for PERM. I am new to this process. Can someone answer my questions. I will be grateful:

1. Being in Alabama where do I file, Atlanta or Chicago?
2. How long is it taking to do this?
3. Is it necessary to hire an attorney or should I try doing it myself with my employer?

Details are:

Title: Software Programming Manager with BS and 5+ Years Exp in Software Engineering and SW Peoject Management.
Cat: Probably EB2.

Is this a good enough case based on your experiences?

I am just left with one year in my H1. Does anyone know a good Lawyer who is ready to work fast (From Atlanta..?).

Thanks in advance.

PERM2006 said:
All,

I am applying for PERM. I am new to this process. Can someone answer my questions. I will be grateful:

1. Being in Alabama where do I file, Atlanta or Chicago?
2. How long is it taking to do this?
3. Is it necessary to hire an attorney or should I try doing it myself with my employer?

Details are:

Title: Software Programming Manager with BS and 5+ Years Exp in Software Engineering and SW Peoject Management.
Cat: Probably EB2.

Is this a good enough case based on your experiences?

I am just left with one year in my H1. Does anyone know a good Lawyer who is ready to work fast (From Atlanta..?).

Thanks in advance.

1. Atlanta

2. Takes 61 to 90 days to prepare and file PERM.

3. You can try doing yourself with employer. However, I strongly suggest that you do considerable amount of reserach in the immigration forums before doing it without an attorney. Also, take some time to read the PERM regulations .It is definitely not rocket science. You can figure it out if your employer is extremely careful with every single question asked on the PERM application.

Change it to:
Software Programming Manager with BS and 5+ Years Exp in Software Engineering OR SW Project Management.

Also, the experience you have gained for 5+ years must be from a employer who in not currently sponsoring your PERM application. It can be gained either as a "Software Engineer" OR as a "SW Project Manager".

Also, the experience you have gained for 5+ years must be post-Bachelor's degree expereince. Avoid using any work experience that you gained before earning a Bachelor's degree.

Best of luck!!

Last edited by a moderator:
RE: New To PERM

mvinays,

Thanks for your reply. I just got hired with the company that will do my PERM. They haave been looking for this position since last November and finally hired me. They advertised on Monster.com and Dice.com, both very popular international job search websites. I dont think they did any newspaper advertisement. They did use a staffing company and that is how I got hired. Is this good enough from the advertisement point of view? My skills are in Delphi and that is what the company needs for this position. This is "Hard To Find Skill" in the US.

Thanks in advance.

PERM2006 said:
mvinays,

Thanks for your reply. I just got hired with the company that will do my PERM. They haave been looking for this position since last November and finally hired me. They advertised on Monster.com and Dice.com, both very popular international job search websites. I dont think they did any newspaper advertisement. They did use a staffing company and that is how I got hired. Is this good enough from the advertisement point of view? My skills are in Delphi and that is what the company needs for this position. This is "Hard To Find Skill" in the US.

Thanks in advance.

monster.com and dice.com will both count as one recruitment step (website other than employer's website) acceptable under PERM regulation.

You need two Sunday newspaper ads. There are very specific requirements for the contents of the Sunday ads. I recommend you to buy the "do it yourself kit" from http://www.usavisanow.com which costs around $50. You can instantly download a PDF file as soon as you buy it online. I am having my company file PERM for me without hiring an attorney and this visa kit helped me a lot. It has concise and step-by-step information on what needs to be done during PERM application process.

The PERM recuitment report cannot reject US workers for the lack of skill (say Delphi) if that skill can be acquired by a US worker during a reasonable period of on-the-job training.

In the PERM recruitment report, US workers can be rejected solely based on lawful job related reasons such as not having the minimum degree or experience requirements. One cannot reject a US worker due to lack of skills if those skills can be acquired through a reasonable period of on-the-job training.

Best of luck!

PERM2006 said:
mvinays,

Thanks in advance.

As per the PERM regulation, each recruitment step cannot be older than 180 days as of the date of filing PERM. The ads that your company used for hiring you will expire in about a month or so. They may have to online place ads again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Online filing problem

Hi....My lawyer filed my labor online recently. He experienced a strange problem. One of the text fields was not accepting full infomation...in the sense, he typed in the full application... When he went back to review it, this text field was only showing the first 3 words of what was typed in. Rest of the information was gone. He again retyped the complete information in this field and submitted the applcation. When he took the printout of the submitted application, it was again showing only those first 3 words in that field, the rest of the information was not there. Now he is not sure whether the complete information got submitted for that field or not? The field was 'Section H. Col. 14 - Special Skills & other Requirements'. It happened only with this field. Did the data anyway get submitted and was it a display problem only with that field? Has anyone experienced the same problem? My concern is what to do in this situation? Pl. suggest.

Thanks for the information. I finally found a lawyer and after looking at my details he said I may qualify for the National Interest Waiver i.e. I can actually file my case without labor certification. Does any one have information about that.

Thanks in advance gentlemen!

PERM got certified

Hi All:
Just wan to share my PERM experience with you. My case was filed from NJ, EB2 with Master degree + 2 year experience. My case was filed on March 13, 2006. Sponsorship email was received after 4 days. Pending status for two weeks. On March 31, the status shows as Certified on the website. No official notification received yet.

Good luck to everyone!