Atlanta N 400

My Atlanta timeline:

Application: 8-29-2003
Fingerprint: 10-18-2003

Atlanta Office scheduled a large number of both N-400 and EAD applicants for fingerprinting at the same time.

I waited for 2 hours after my appointed time. FP itself took about 12 minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Jetinder,
I appreciate your input,Please keep posted.
I'm planning to move to GA can you tell me is Atlanta is the only canter in GA, No matter I move.
Thanks again

I met someone yesterday whose N-400 Atlanta timeline is as follows:

Application: Early August 2003
Interview: Early January 2004.

That is about 5 months. Cool!

My Atlanta timeline:

Application: 8-29-2003
Fingerprint: 10-18-2003
Interview: 5-10-2004

Just over 8 months from Application
Just under 7 months from Fingerprint

Atlanta Timeline

Application PD: 10-29-2003

Fingerprint: 12-13-2003

Interview: ? Based on prior timeline, I'm guessing 07-12-2004

PD on NOA and Fingerprinting notice is different from Online Status PD by about 7 days, I'm not sure which one BCIS will use.

Also I had a a typographical error in my middle name which I sent three correction to TSC, and Atlanta with no reply.

I had also a typo in my middle name, wrote twice with no answer. If you don't bring it at the interview, that is what your naturalization certificate will have. Don't forget to mention it at the interview!!!

Atlanta N- 400 Timeline from another forum

USA immigration time line

I have found this forum useful for me, so I feel it would be helpful to share my experience in getting US citizenship with others.

I applied 04/07/03 (n-400)
application notification 04/17/03
fingerprint notice ~ 05/03
fingerprints 06/03
interview notice 07/03
interview AND oath 9/15/03 (they do it the same day)

the whole process took 5 months - start to finish.

my status was permanent resident - Canadian Citizen

I live in Atlanta and all immigration activities were in Atlanta

Unexpired Passport for Interview

Based on my estimation, my passport will expire on or around the same time as my interview. I'm trying to avoid paying the fees to renew it, since after the oath, I intend to apply for a US Passport.

Question: Does anyone know or have information as to whether a current (unexpired) passport is required at the time of the interview and/or oath.

Just for kicks: I find myself keeping to speed limits, and have postponed all travel plans till this is over, feels like life is on hold somehow. Anyone else feel the same way?

Fingerprint date

Hey,

Thanks for posting this!

Do you know the fingerprinting date?, I want to see if there is any correlation and/or trend. This is pretty close to my PD. Thanks

Application PD: 10-29-2003
Fingerprint: 12-13-2003
Interview: ?

Atlanta Timeline

The CIS Atlanta office has not moved in about a month - anyone with new updates? They seem to be stuck on June 2.

Also Isabella can you followup on your posting?? :confused:

My wife and I had our citizenship interviews today.

My wife went in first and was out in about 5 minutes carrying a beaming smile. The interviewer had asked her to verify selected information on N-400, asked a few civics questions and congratulated her on passing.

My turn was next. The interviewer said that the photographs I had sent in with the application were not acceptable. They were too bright and glossy. She sent me to a room in the building to have my photos retaken at cost to me of $13.

When I returned with the new photos, she summoned me in, verified selected information on N-400, asked for court dispositions regarding speeding citations, asked a few civics questions and congratulated me for passing. My interview lasted about 7 minutes.

No questions were asked about long trips abroad we took over 5 years ago. No questions were asked about filing of tax.

Both of us now await our oath ceremonies, about which we will be notified by mail.

Congrats

Jitender,

Congrats. Do you know how many others had interview appointment today. Did they give any indication of how long will it take for oath.

I cannot say how many interviews were scheduled today. But, while we were in the building, there were about 7 or 8 other interviewees waiting. Some of these were waiting for Adjustment of Status. We arrived about 10 minutes before the interview and hence did not talk to others.

No time was given for how long the wait for the oath would be. But the notice of congratulations we got said that we should allow a minimum of 6 months to elapse before enquiring about it.

From the experiences of others, we expect to be taking oath within 1 month.

Congrats

Congrats Jitender! Thought Atlanta was was one of the few places with same day Oaths? What were the civic questions and how many?

Thanks, Jitender.

Jitender
could you please tell me from where you got the court dispositions for speeding citations. Do we need to get these only if we received speeding tickets?
Thanks.
Deepali

PD Oct 2003
FP Nov 2003
Interview June 2004

Hi Deepali,

Could you post your exact PD, FP dates and when did you get the interview letter. I am in the same timeframe and awaiting interview letter. Thanks.