Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

yes

Yes, if childrens are below 18, they will be citizens automatically.

I didn't realize that getting citizenship while one's children were under 18, granted them citizenship too (that is what you are saying, yes?)

Both of my children are now over 18, so that choice will be theirs, they have GC now, they can either renew or apply on their own.

My GC was coming due so it was either renew for another 10 years, or apply for citizenship. For a multitude of reasons, for me, applying for naturalization just made more sense. This is my home now, and shall be for the foreseeable future.

My only concern is if my GC expires before my oath date. With 6 months left when I filed my application, and 5 months average processing time, I should be good if everything goes as it is supposed to. My driver's license will expire on the same day as my GC (GA won't give a DL longer than one's legal residency status), so I'm hopeful that it's all a done deal in a timely way.

Grashoppr

ericshi,

When you had your interview, did the officer ask for 2 additional photos? I mailed 2 photos with the n400 application, but somehow remember that in this forum someone mentioned that we need to submit 2 additional photos during interview. Is it true?

Hi, everyone
I have helped my brother filed his N400 on June, receipt date was June 7th.. FP on June 18th, and notice the case has move to interview scheduling on June 25th... I have heard nothing from USCIS since then....
Anyone who had have the same timeline could share some experience with the June fillings?
Thanks

ericshi,

When you had your interview, did the officer ask for 2 additional photos? I mailed 2 photos with the n400 application, but somehow remember that in this forum someone mentioned that we need to submit 2 additional photos during interview. Is it true?

When I had my interview, the officer did not ask for additional photos, but it is recommended that you bring additional photos with you to the interview just in case that they lost yours.

Oath and Passport experience

Hi, everyone,
I had my oath done yesterday and applied my passport today, so I would like to share my experience.

Oath ceremony is schedule in the Northlake Parkway building on July 30th, 12:30. I arrived at 12ish, and then go straight to the 2nd floor, then the officer checked the N-445 to make sure that everything is fine since the day of the interview...Then we were told to go into the ceremony room row by row. The whole process takes about 2.5 hours, I got out at 3pm. My greencard was taken when we entered the ceremony room, and we were handed the certificate when we exit..

Regarding the passport, I made an appointment with the travel state agency at 8:00 am today..
before I go to tht travel state agency in the downtown atlanta, I prepared the passport photo, application, and naturalization certificate, business travel letter, travel itineraty to prove of travel.. I was told that my passport will be ready tomorrow at 2pm..

FP done 2 month back, no sign of interview yet. is it normal?

I have done FP in May 30 and It had already past 2 months and still don't get email about the interview date. Is this normal waiting time for getting interview in Atlanta DO? Priority date is Apr-3.:confused:

ericshi1024, how long did the whole process take for you? From filing to oath?

Congratulations on your Citizenship!

Grashoppr

I have done FP in May 30 and It had already past 2 months and still don't get email about the interview date. Is this normal waiting time for getting interview in Atlanta DO? Priority date is Apr-3.:confused:
'

Looks like Atlanta is stuck. I am my two famiy members are waiting for update on interview since our FP done on June 20. We were put on line on June 22 but then there is no movement in Atlanta office.

Is there any one in ATL who is getting interview if so what priority and FP dates are being put on interview currently

'

Looks like Atlanta is stuck. I am my two famiy members are waiting for update on interview since our FP done on June 20. We were put on line on June 22 but then there is no movement in Atlanta office.

Is there any one in ATL who is getting interview if so what priority and FP dates are being put on interview currently

There's some movement, but not a lot. I also follow the Trackitt website and things seem to have ground to a halt in early June. There are 17 people registered there including myself, the earliest waiting since May (I filed at the end of June). 2 have logged that they got their IL. I got placed in the queue on Monday (July 30th). The two that have interviews are scheduled for this month. One waited over 3 months from FP to IL. The other was just over a month, so there doesn't seem to be a pattern there.

It may have to do with eligibility dates, if one applies 90 days before their 3/5 year maybe? Myself, I've been eligible for a long time. It only took me 31 days from application to in queue for IL, but who knows how long the IL and Oath Date may take.

Eagerly awaiting....

Grashoppr

I had completed 3 month since appln

There's some movement, but not a lot. I also follow the Trackitt website and things seem to have ground to a halt in early June. There are 17 people registered there including myself, the earliest waiting since May (I filed at the end of June). 2 have logged that they got their IL. I got placed in the queue on Monday (July 30th). The two that have interviews are scheduled for this month. One waited over 3 months from FP to IL. The other was just over a month, so there doesn't seem to be a pattern there.

It may have to do with eligibility dates, if one applies 90 days before their 3/5 year maybe? Myself, I've been eligible for a long time. It only took me 31 days from application to in queue for IL, but who knows how long the IL and Oath Date may take.

Eagerly awaiting....

Grashoppr

thanks for the details. I have completed 3 months from application and 1.5 since placed on que for IL. I applied almostr 2.5m before completion of 5 yrs.

ericshi1024, how long did the whole process take for you? From filing to oath?

Congratulations on your Citizenship!

Grashoppr

I filed on March7th..
FP on April 30th
interview scheduling May 8th
Interview scheduled June 12th
Interview July 17th
Oath July 30th
Passport Applied July 31st
Passport ready/pick up August 1st

I filed on March7th..
FP on April 30th
interview scheduling May 8th
Interview scheduled June 12th
Interview July 17th
Oath July 30th
Passport Applied July 31st
Passport ready/pick up August 1st

I take it you didn't go in early for fingerprinting?

So it was just over a month for in line for interview, until the interview - that's not too bad (that's where I am now - in line for scheduling).

Pretty short interval between interview and oath too, and super fast on the passport. You're not quite at the 5 month mark and you're signed, sealed and delivered! Congratulations!

I filed on June 29, went for early biometrics on July 16th and placed in line on July 30th - so that much only took 31 days.

Grashoppr

Last edited by a moderator:
I take it you didn't go in early for fingerprinting?

So it was just over a month for in line for interview, until the interview - that's not too bad (that's where I am now - in line for scheduling).

Pretty short interval between interview and oath too, and super fast on the passport. You're not quite at the 5 month mark and you're signed, sealed and delivered! Congratulations!

I filed on June 29, went for early biometrics on July 16th and placed in line on July 30th - so that much only took 31 days.

Grashoppr
Right, I did not go in early for fingerprinting... I do not think that it will expedite the process
My brother filed on June 7th.. Go fingerprint notice on 18th of June and do the FP on the same day...
The case has been scheduling for interview since June 25th...
Nothing has changed as of now...

ericshi1024,

Where did you applied the passport and did you had to produce any letter to show the emergency travel to apply the PP in expedite process ?

Greatly appreciate your response ASAP.

Thanks
Redgo

Right, I did not go in early for fingerprinting... I do not think that it will expedite the process
My brother filed on June 7th.. Go fingerprint notice on 18th of June and do the FP on the same day...
The case has been scheduling for interview since June 25th...
Nothing has changed as of now...

Wow, over a month since in line. That here in Atlanta too?

Hard to be patient, but I guess it's all we can do, right?

I appreciate the info - helps me to anticipate... and conjure up more patience!

Grashoppr

canton asouca

ericshi1024,

Where did you applied the passport and did you had to produce any letter to show the emergency travel to apply the PP in expedite process ?

Greatly appreciate your response ASAP.

Thanks
Redgo
I applied in downtown atlanta.. Travel state agency located in the 230 peachtree st, 10th floor..I think the appoinment is needed
I produce the business letter from my employer that I will be travelling soon and the itinerary

Wow, over a month since in line. That here in Atlanta too?

Hard to be patient, but I guess it's all we can do, right?

I appreciate the info - helps me to anticipate... and conjure up more patience!

Grashoppr

The field office for my brother's application is in atlanta also...
It is SOOOO slow here..

I filed June 29th (Priority Date 7/3) so I'm a few weeks to a month behind him. I went for FP 13 days early (I was in the area, I'm a bit of a drive from midtown).

Status changed a few days after FP for me to in line for scheduling (7/30), but assuming that does NOT speed up the process, all it did was put me in the queue for "longer".

The only thing I might have going for me is that I've been eligible for several years, so there's no waiting needed to match up with the residency requirement - but again that may or may not come into play.

I watch Trackitt.com too and there hasn't been a whole lot of any movement in the ATL DO since early June. Not sure if people just aren't updating their trackers or what that's about.

Ah patience... I'm not good at that :)

Grashoppr

So, how long has everyone been in line for testing/interview in the Atlanta DO?

I just got to that stage this week, but I'm finding people on this and other sites that are still not scheduled, but have been in the queue since 6/1. Anybody in the queue longer than that?

Seems like earlier in the year people were moving through at a pretty steady rate. After about the beginning of June, it seems to have slowed to a crawl.

On the Trackitt site, only 2 people have received ILs for interviews in August so far (unless people aren't updating their info). One applied in February, the other in April. The individual who applied in April has an earlier interview date than the one who applied in February, which seems odd.

I guess I'll be in this stage for a while....

Grashoppr

I am inline for interview for more than 2 months. My FB done on May 24 and status changed to inline for interview on May 29. No update since than.

ericshi,

When you had your interview, did the officer ask for the original citation? Shall the court disposition suffice? I got the court disposition but could not find the original citation issued to me by the police. Am a little worried...

Thanks!

I applied in downtown atlanta.. Travel state agency located in the 230 peachtree st, 10th floor..I think the appoinment is needed
I produce the business letter from my employer that I will be travelling soon and the itinerary