Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

thank you very much for the info.

I showed up at 11 Am the security guard asked for the appointment letter and my green card . He checked the time and the date and asked me to step aside while he checks other people's appointment letters.Those that were scheduled for that day were allowed to get inline right away .Once he was done with them and there were no one else waiting he came back to me , wrote walkin on my appointment letter and told me to get in line . The whole appointment lasted one hour .

FP notice sent

Got a text that my FP notice was mailed on 4/16

=======================
06/06/07: GC
03/12/12: N-400 mailed to Lewisville, TX with UPS (Day 1)
03/14/12: N-400 delivered (Day 3)
03/14/12: N-400 priority date
03/20/12: Checks cashed (day 9)
03/22/12: NOA recvd (Day 11)
04/16/12: FP notice mailed (Day 34)
xx/xx/12: FP notice recvd
xx/xx/12: FP done
xx/xx/12: Online Status changed to "Testing and Interview"
xx/xx/12: IL recvd
xx/xx/12: Interview
xx/xx/12: Oath
xx/xx/12: PP application
xx/xx/12: PP received

No update after FP

I did my FP on 4/9/12 as scheduled but no status update yet. Can someone share how long it typically takes for status change after FP. Going by the recent posts in this thread it believe takes only 4 - 6 days. Kind of worried.

Thanks

Thank you for updating.

Got a text that my FP notice was mailed on 4/16

=======================

Redgo, did you receive FP notice? I still have no info.

Update with the Priority Date

06/04/07: GC
03/06/12: N-400 mailed to Lewisville, TX with USPS (Day 1)
03/07/12: N-400 delivered (Day 2)
03/12/12: SMS & Email received Regarding USCIS application conformation.(Day 6)
03/08/12: N-400 priority date
03/13/12: Checks cashed (Day 7)
03/15/12: NOA recvd (Day 10)
xx/xx/12: FP notice mailed

Allaboutgc,

My FP is scheduled for April 27th. I heard from couple of folks personally that if it is bad day(Rush or if they are not in good mood :)- ) for them they would ask you to come back on the date specified on letter. I dont want to take chance of driving so far prior to the FP date specified on the letter.

Cheers!!!!

Redgo

Redgo, did you receive FP notice? I still have no info.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys,

Any experiences you can share about FP's in Atlanta ?. I have mine scheduled for tomorrow.

Thanks
Redgo

Any experiences you can share about FP's in Atlanta ?. I have mine scheduled for tomorrow.

In my wife's case, they were super friendly. They allowed her to go through fingerprints without FP notice. We took our chance for my wife as I was going there anyways and she had only online status notification for fingerprint letter mailed. They asked her to wait at door for approx 15 min and later took her in. As she didn't have FP appointment letter at all, they went to back room, pulled her details and printed FP rescheduled letter and allow her to take FP which was little pleasant surprise for us!!!

In nutshell, Be calm, keep smiling and cooperate with them when you are on fingerprint machine and you would be just fine.

Also make sure that your fingers doesn't have any cuts otherwise they will have to reschedule you.

Hello , i was just wondering if Atlanta has started doing the OATH CEREMONY @their Location instead of Morrow Ga
I have an Apointement for Naturalization Oath Ceremony on Friday May 11, 2012 @ 2150 Parlake Drive Atlanta Ga 30345
Last time i checked Ceremony were held @ the Archive Center in Morrow...
Thanks

redgo, what is your FP experience? Thanks!

QUOTE=redgo;2574039]Guys,

Thanks
Redgo[/QUOTE]

allaboutgc,

Sorry for the delay in my response.

My FP's are done without any issues. Just walked in and the security person asked me for the letter I showed it and he allowed me inside the building and I was in Q then the other officer gave me applicaiton to fill in the details after verifying my DL and GC.

Once the filled application was submitted I was asked to be seated and wait for my number to be called. Done......FP person called me and the FP's with photo was taken in less than 10 minutes and I was on my way home.

Over all my Drive time was close to 2 plus hours but the FP's were done in less than 30 minutes.

Note : I did see somebody was sent back and asked to come on the date specified on the letter because FP date was some time in May. Not sure this happens all the time as I heard and seen personally. It does not expedite the process even if the FP's are given in advance than the date specified on the letter.

Cheers!!!!!
Redgo

redgo, what is your FP experience? Thanks!

QUOTE=redgo;2574039]Guys,

Thanks
Redgo
[/QUOTE]

Joing the atlanta applicants

I have joined this thread with application for me and my two family members (wife and son) this week. Will try to keep you all updated and enjoy this journey with you all.

D/O: Atlanta
04/30/12 (D 000) Mailed to TSC
05/03/12 (D 003) Delivered
xx/xx/12 (D xxx7) NOA Recd
xx/xx/12 (D xxx) FP Notice Sent
xx/xx/12 (D xxx) FP Notice Recd
xx/xx/12 (D xxx) FP Done
xx/xx/12 (D xxx) In Q 4 interview scheduling"
xx/xx/12 (D xxx) YL Recd
xx/xx/12 (D xxx) IL Sent
xx/xx/12 (D xxx) IL Recd
xx/xx/12 (D xxx) Interview -- Passed
xx/xx/12 (D xxx) In Q 4 Oath Sch
xx/xx/12 (D xxx) Oath Letter Recd
xx/xx/12 (Dxxx) Oath Date

redgo,

did you get any case status update after FP?

allaboutgc,

Sorry for the delay in my response.

My FP's are done without any issues. Just walked in and the security person asked me for the letter I showed it and he allowed me inside the building and I was in Q then the other officer gave me applicaiton to fill in the details after verifying my DL and GC.

Once the filled application was submitted I was asked to be seated and wait for my number to be called. Done......FP person called me and the FP's with photo was taken in less than 10 minutes and I was on my way home.

Over all my Drive time was close to 2 plus hours but the FP's were done in less than 30 minutes.

Note : I did see somebody was sent back and asked to come on the date specified on the letter because FP date was some time in May. Not sure this happens all the time as I heard and seen personally. It does not expedite the process even if the FP's are given in advance than the date specified on the letter.

Cheers!!!!!
Redgo
[/QUOTE]

I am confused with the today's interview.......

I had an interview today in Atlanta, GA at Parklake Drive Office. Everything went nicely and the officer gave me N-652 with check boxes 'X' against following two sentences,

[X] You passed the tests of English and U.S.history and government.

A) [X] Congratulations! Your application has been recommended for approval. At this time, it appears that you have established your eligibility for naturalization. If final approval is granted, you will be notified when and where to report for the Oath Ceremony.

This happened before noon. I was very delighted and told everyone about it.

However, late afternoon, I received an e-mail message that was surprising. It was talking about some request for evidence. I checked online status and saw that the status line had following seven circles with the one highlighted as Request for Evidence Response Review. The other circles from left to right (hollow) are,
- Acceptance
- Initial Review
- Request for Evidence Response Review (FILLED)
- Testing and Interview
- Decision
- Post Decision Activity
- Oath Ceremony

I am confused. The e-mail read as,

----------------------------------------------
*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: NBC*

Application Type: N400 , APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

Your Case Status: Request for Evidence Response Review

On May 7, 2012, we received your response to our request for evidence. This case is being processed at our ATLANTA, GA location. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response unless fingerprint processing or an interview are standard parts of case processing and have not yet been completed, in which case you can use the processing time information on our website to estimate when this case will be done. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Once a timely response to the request for evidence is received by USCIS, we review the evidence or information you submitted. If you submitted the requested evidence, we continue with the adjudication of your application or petition in light of the new evidence.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results

listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current

processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Check Processing Times.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Please let me know if anyone had similar experience.

Do not worry. I believe you have been proved. One person that I know had similar experience, and he was approved as well. By the way, can you please share what questions were asked during the interview? What documents did you prepare? Thank you.

I had an interview today in Atlanta, GA at Parklake Drive Office. Everything went nicely and the officer gave me N-652 with check boxes 'X' against following two sentences,

[X] You passed the tests of English and U.S.history and government.

A) [X] Congratulations! Your application has been recommended for approval. At this time, it appears that you have established your eligibility for naturalization. If final approval is granted, you will be notified when and where to report for the Oath Ceremony.

This happened before noon. I was very delighted and told everyone about it.

However, late afternoon, I received an e-mail message that was surprising. It was talking about some request for evidence. I checked online status and saw that the status line had following seven circles with the one highlighted as Request for Evidence Response Review. The other circles from left to right (hollow) are,
- Acceptance
- Initial Review
- Request for Evidence Response Review (FILLED)
- Testing and Interview
- Decision
- Post Decision Activity
- Oath Ceremony

I am confused. The e-mail read as,

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: NBC*

Application Type: N400 , APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

Your Case Status: Request for Evidence Response Review

On May 7, 2012, we received your response to our request for evidence. This case is being processed at our ATLANTA, GA location. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response unless fingerprint processing or an interview are standard parts of case processing and have not yet been completed, in which case you can use the processing time information on our website to estimate when this case will be done. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Once a timely response to the request for evidence is received by USCIS, we review the evidence or information you submitted. If you submitted the requested evidence, we continue with the adjudication of your application or petition in light of the new evidence.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results

listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current

processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Check Processing Times.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Please let me know if anyone had similar experience.

FP done today

My FP was scheduled at 12:00 .Reached there at 12:00 , filled out the forms and was made to wait for about an hour before our turn came for Fingerprinting .. 5 Mins later we were out ..

One thing , they were turning people away without proper appointments and date .And of course no Food , cell phones or any electronics allowed inside ..

===============
x4/18/12: FP notice recvd (Day 36)
05/08/12: FP done (Day 56)

Oath Ceremony in Atlanta

At last my status has changed to 'Oath Ceremony'. The letter has been mailed and hopefully will get in 3 days. Is anyone in the same boat? Is anyone scheduled for Oath? Is it at Parklake Drive or in Morrow?

At last my status has changed to 'Oath Ceremony'. The letter has been mailed and hopefully will get in 3 days. Is anyone in the same boat? Is anyone scheduled for Oath? Is it at Parklake Drive or in Morrow?

Congrats needCZ... your case is moving pretty fast......