Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

I will let you know

Hi Folks ,

Appreciate all of you taking the time out for keeping this forum alive .

Is it true that Atlanta DO has recently only been issuing Interview Letters after having recieved the clearence on Name / Background checks ? , if so is the Oath usually done the same day ?

My Approximate Dates are

N-400 Recieved by TSC: 05/24/2007
Priority Date: 05/24/2007
Receipt & Fingerprint Notice Recieved: 06/07/2007
Fingerprints Appointment: 07/03/2007
Interview Letter Recieved: * 10/07/2007 *
Interview Scheduled for: * 11/13/2007 *

I have my interview scheduled on Wed, Oct 10th at 7:45am. I will update you guys that afternoon about my experience at Atlanta DO. This way you will have a better idea & get a clear picture.

Thank You

Atlanta_Brother Thank you , if all goes well can you please check this that if we get the interview letter then Background check are assumed cleared ?

All the best for your Interview on October 10th , hope it all works out for you !

InfoPass appointment

Atlanta_Brother Thank you , if all goes well can you please check this that if we get the interview letter then Background check are assumed cleared ?

All the best for your Interview on October 10th , hope it all works out for you !

Taurean,

I have a good feeling that your name check along with other background checks must be cleared by now. That's what everybody says about Atlanta DO including most of the good immigration attorneys, but check this out.

I had applied for N-400 back in April 2006. I was called for my interview in Jan of this year. I was very excited and was looking forward to my citizenship that day. I was very disappointed when the IO told me that my file wasn't transferred from the service center (Mesquite, TX in my case). I was told that I will be rescheduled for an interview again and will be notified via mail. After waiting for good couple of months when there was no sign of my interview letter, I did an infopass appointment in March and was told that my name check & finger prints were cleared and Atlanta is ready for the interview and they are just waiting for the file to be transferred. I waited another couple of months & then contacted the senator's office. They got back to me letting me know that there are some additional background checks which are still pending & that's what has been holding and delaying my interview.
Finally after doing lots of inquiries and even writing a letter to N-400 supervisor in TX, I got my 2nd FP notice in the first week of Sep. In about a weeks time (mid of Sep) I got my interview letter. Let's hope everything goes fine this time.
My suggestion to you is, please don't assume anything. The chances are pretty good that you will get thru in the interview and there should be no issues with your file but if you have time, go ahead & schedule yourself for an infopass apptt during the week & find out for yourself what's happening. This way you will know where you stand before your interview date. if something goes wrong on the day of your interview, you will always have this proof that you were told something different at the infopass appointment. Please keep that copy of that infopass apptt for your records just incase.
Good luck & I will definitely get back to you guys on the 10th.

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent News, its great to see that people are actually getting their interview letters. I am hopeful that I will get mine sometime next month. I am doing an Infopass Wednesday just to see if I can confirm everything is cleared and I am like most of us in line for a Decemeber / January 2008 interview.

what could possibly account for the discrepancy in efficiency? There were people in 2006 who finished the entire process in 2 months flat.

Hello To All,
I have a question, may I travel outside the US while I wait for my fingerprints and Interview letter?

Interview Time & Oath

Hi , My interview time is 1:30 , probably cutting it close for my chances to get the Oath the same day if all goes well ?

What do you guys think ?

Interview Letter Question

Hi , I just notice the letter title says ,

''Request for Applicant to Appear for Naturalization Initial Interview''

wondering if this is normal , or ''Initial Interview'' reflects that background / name check are still pending .

Also if I had never entered the US on any status priror to my 26th Birthday is it still advisable to get a letter from Selective Service confirming that I was not eleigible ?

Appreciate your help

Hey Guys,

My wife just recvd her IL today. Interview is on Dec 4th at 9:25am.

PD: June 7 2007
Fp: July 12th 2007
IL revcd: Oct 9th 2007
IL - Dec 4th 2007

Letter issue

Hi , I just notice the letter title says ,

''Request for Applicant to Appear for Naturalization Initial Interview''

wondering if this is normal , or ''Initial Interview'' reflects that background / name check are still pending .

Also if I had never entered the US on any status priror to my 26th Birthday is it still advisable to get a letter from Selective Service confirming that I was not eleigible ?

Appreciate your help

Tauren77,

Yes, every letter has ''Request for Applicant to Appear for Naturalization Initial Interview''. I just looked at my letter and it says the same, so don't worry.

Now as far as your letter from Selective service is concerned, you don't need that. You are good.

Hoping....

Hey I am so happy for you Javajag - as you see we have the same PD - hopefully we can our IL soon.:)

I just went to check my mail and I got it !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have the same date and the time says 9:45AM at the parklake location....

Thank you Lord !!!

Great news Pashapuffy,

Glad to hear that, we will see each other on the 4th Dec. This board and your messages have kept the spirit in us going well..

Thanks to the great lord.

RE : Atlanta_Brother

Thank you Atlanta_Brother ,

I am just concerned , seems I am the only one on the discussion board with Interview time as late as 1:25 p.m ? , would this definely rule me out for same day Oath if I clear the Interview and Background / Name check is not pending ?

Good Luck with your Interview tomorrow !

Great news Guys on your IL's, I am so pleased for all of you. I just got back from Infopass and everything is cleared and I am just waiting for IL so I expect to have Interview late Dec early Jan 2008....