Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

45mark123,
There might be many factors that might delay the application. May be your namecheck isn't complete. If I remember correctly, there was this one person with login name as "alpinist" on Atlanta thread, who had his FP done in Feb right after me. He is also waiting for interview letter.

I have a friend who is waiting since Nov1(his FP Date) in Atlanta. He is going to infopass sometime this week or next to find out the status.

The best advice I can offer is wait.

Goodluck!!!

can anyone offer advice ?

Atlanta DO

mailed N400 app Jan 2007
Feb 1, 2007 - priority date
FP - March 3, 2007

April 9, 2007 - heard nothing since.........?????

reading the threads on this board - most folks are receiving their interview letter in two weeks after their fingerprinting in Atlanta

can anyone give me advice or suggestions on what I can do to find out what's going on - or why I have not received a reply

any help would be very much appreciated

thanks
Mark

Thanks for the advice - can you tell me what 'infopass' is and how I might join / or get to this site

thanks
Mark

45mark123,
There might be many factors that might delay the application. May be your namecheck isn't complete. If I remember correctly, there was this one person with login name as "alpinist" on Atlanta thread, who had his FP done in Feb right after me. He is also waiting for interview letter.

I have a friend who is waiting since Nov1(his FP Date) in Atlanta. He is going to infopass sometime this week or next to find out the status.

The best advice I can offer is wait.

Goodluck!!!

Atlanta DO

mailed N400 app Jan 2007
FP - March 3, 2007

reading the threads on this board - most folks are receiving their interview letter in two weeks after their fingerprinting in Atlanta

can anyone give me advice or suggestions on what I can do to find out what's going on - or why I have not received a reply

thanks
Mark

Name check takes unknown time to complete ....

My info:
PD: 01/19/07
FP: 02/16/07
IL: ????

After reading various boards, I would not recommend taking an InfoPass, since IO will not tell you anything except your "background check is
pending"... InfoPass is not going to hurt, but you will not gain/learn anything.

March 20, 2007: Mailed in application to TSC
Received by TSC on March 23, 2007;
Notice date: March 30, 2007;
Received the NOA on April 6, 2007;
April 9, 2007: received FP notice
April 18, 2007: FP date
Interview and oath: pending

Atlanta DO

mailed N400 app Jan 2007
FP - March 3, 2007

thanks
Mark

Mark,
You are still ontrack. You should be receiving your Interview letter anytime now. Normal time frame is about 5-7 wks after FP.

My Wife's:
Mailed in application to TSC: 3/20/07
Received by TSC: 3/23/07
PD: 3/23/07
ND: 3/30/07
NOA Received: 4/6/07
FP notice Received: 4/9/07
FP date: 4/18/07

Mine:
ND: 4/2/07

My Wife's:
ND: 3/30/07

Mine:
ND: 4/2/07

Looks like our timelines are exactly the same.

Superman

thanks for the words of encouragement............helps to know that I'm still on track as it were

was your time line similair...? did it take 5 to 7 weeks for you to get your Interview letter ?

Mark

Mark,
You are still ontrack. You should be receiving your Interview letter anytime now. Normal time frame is about 5-7 wks after FP.

Had Interview in Atlanta Today. Passed with congratulations N652. I did not get to take oath as i has name change. IO said I have to goto downtown for oath. IO said Letter will be mailed when to come for oath. Anyone had name change, please let me know how long will it take for USICS to send the oath letters.

Mailed in application to TSC: 1/26/07
Received by TSC:1/3007
PD: 1/30/07
ND: 2/9/07
NOA Received: 2/9/07
FP notice Received: 2/22/07
FP date: 3/2/07
Interview 4/11/07 (Passed with Congratulations N652)
oath Pending

Superman

thanks for the words of encouragement............helps to know that I'm still on track as it were

was your time line similair...? did it take 5 to 7 weeks for you to get your Interview letter ?

Mark

Mark,
We received Interview Letter in 4 wks. Interview Date in 7 Wks from FP. But 5-7 Wks is normal. Just hang on.

12/11/06: Priority Date
01/04/07: FP Appointment
01/29/07: I L Recieved
02/14/07: Interview Passed
04/06/07: Oath

Rcently mailed my N400 forms -- Starting my timeline here

My husband's:
Mailed in application to TSC: 4/9/07
Received by TSC: XX/XX/07
PD: X/XX/07
ND: X/XX/07
NOA Received: XX/XX/07
FP notice Received: XX/XX/07
FP date: X/X/07
Interview and oath: XX/XX/07

Mine:

After mailing the forms will I be receiving anything from TSC that will state the receipt date and priority date?

Please let me know.
Thank you for your repsonses
cpgc

My husband's:

Mine:

After mailing the forms will I be receiving anything from TSC that will state the receipt date and priority date?

Please let me know.
Thank you for your repsonses
cpgc

You will receive the notice of action soon. Also, I hope you sent the application with registered mail. This way, you can check which date the TSC receives your application. Good luck!

N400 timeline

Hello,

This is my first time posting in the forums ...

Here's my timeline:

N400 mailed via express mail: 04/04/2007
N400 received by TSC: 04/06/2007.

Awaiting NOA. Evevn the check has not cleared my bank yet ..

I have my fingers crossed that everything works like clockwork because I may have a long India trip starting November 07.

Regards,

dhebi

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

This is my first time posting in the forums ...

Here's my timeline:

N400 mailed via express mail: 04/04/2007
N400 received by TSC: 04/06/2007.

Awaiting NOA. Evevn the check has not cleared my bank yet ..

I have my fingers crossed that everything works like clockwork because I may have a long India trip starting November 07.

Regards,

dhebi

Its been a whole week, but the check still doesn't show up in my bank. Am worried now and thinking maybe I forgot to sign the check or worse the form.

Its been a whole week, but the check still doesn't show up in my bank. Am worried now and thinking maybe I forgot to sign the check or worse the form.

Relax... It took 5 working days from the time my application was recvd to the date the check was depsoition... and another day before it was finally deducted from my account ...

Your check should show up this week... Good luck!
Feb 27: Mailed to TSC
Mar 02: Priority Date
Mar 21: Recvd PD Notice
Mar 23: Recvd FP Notice
Apr11: FP Date

All,

When I login to the USCIS site, I see the following:

"Current Status: Case received and pending.

On October 16, 2006, we received this N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our TEXAS SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register."

Now what confuses me is that I thought the case should have been in Atlanta and not Texas. Is that correct?

Always appreciate responses/feedbacks.

Karachite, All N-400 applications are processed at the respective Service Center first. The service center is responsible for making all the background/security checks (including FBI name check) are complete. When this happens, the service center puts the application in the queue for interview scheduling at the appropriate district office for the applicant. Once the interview is scheduled, the file is transfered to the district office. Hope this clarifies your concerns.

Karachite, All N-400 applications are processed at the respective Service Center first. The service center is responsible for making all the background/security checks (including FBI name check) are complete. When this happens, the service center puts the application in the queue for interview scheduling at the appropriate district office for the applicant. Once the interview is scheduled, the file is transfered to the district office. Hope this clarifies your concerns.

Thanks for the clarification. Guess I'll just have to wait and see. It's a bummer!!

By the way all, the USCIS timelines that they show, is that based on when the Application is received or the date that shows on the confirmation letter?

As far as your individual application is concerned, the date that you go by is the priority date that is mentioned in your initial notice of action (receipt notice). This priority date is what governs your time line compared to the posted time line for your district office.

How USCIS comes out with the processing times for each district office is a mystery. There are multiple explanations given on this forum regarding this. I wouldn't worry too much about how they arrive at this date.

The most important thing that you should be concerned is where you stand relative to the time line posted for your district. If you are within the time line for your district, there is nothing much you can do other than wait and hope that all your background checks are completed without any delays.