Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

My Wife Completed Oath Today

Very smooth process. Apointment is at 8:00 AM. 92 applicants from 46 counyties participated in oath today. They started letting applicants 5 before 8 and whole registration took about 45 min. Relatives and friends are asked to wait outside until registration is completed. After that Relatives and friends were allowed inside the Oath room. Welcome message from officer/Bush; pledge; National Anthem; etc. took about 45 min. And then they started issuing certificates for about 20 min. Whole process took 2 hrs.

My Oath is scheduled for next week (4/6/07)

12/06/06: Mailed N400 to TX
12/11/06: Received DatePriority Date
12/12/06: Checks Cashed
12/15/06: Notice Date
12/20/06: I-797C, Notice of Action Received
12/26/06: FP Letter Received
01/04/07: FP Appointment
01/16/07: Interview Notice Date. (Case Disappeared on 1/16/07).
01/24/07: I L Mailed
01/29/07: I L Recieved
02/14/07: Interview Passed
04/06/07: Oath

Can someone please tell me what are the schedules for the oath at the Lavista Atlanta DO. I mean, if I have an interview appointment at 10:00 am, what would be my likely oath schedule if I am asked for the same day oath. Will be it in the morning or the afternoon? Is it a all day business? Thanks

NOA received: 1/15/07
FP: 2/9/07
IV: 3/21/07
Oath: ?

Hi immihelp01,

How did your interview go? Were you able to take the oath in the morning or had to wait till afternoon?

I have my interview in the morning too and was wondering if I will be able to make it to the morning oath.

Thanks,

SP

01/22/07: Mailed to TSC
01/25/07: TSC Received
01/26/07: Check Cashed
02/05/07: Received Notice of Action
02/22/07: FP Done
03/09/07: IL recv'd
04/04/07: Interview date

Here's my timeline, journey begins:

N-400 mailed to Texas service center: March 20, 2007
N-400 received by TSC: March 23, 2007
Money Order cashed on March 27, 2007
Here is my timeline:

N-400 received by TSC: ?? (unfortunately, did not include delivery confirmation)
Money Order cashed on ??
Receipt Received Date: Still Waiting.

Same scenario for my wife as well.

Anybody who mailed their N-400 to TSC from Atlanta after 3/20 received a receipt?

Also, how to check if a Money Order is cashed or not?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Here is my timeline:

N-400 received by TSC: ?? (unfortunately, did not include delivery confirmation)
Money Order cashed on ??
Receipt Received Date: Still Waiting.

Same scenario for my wife as well.

Anybody who mailed their N-400 to TSC from Atlanta after 3/20 received a receipt?

Also, how to check if a Money Order is cashed or not?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

For my app it took around 3 weeks from the time application is recvd at TSC to when i got a Priority Date receipt in the mail.

For my app it took around 3 weeks from the time application is recvd at TSC to when i got a Priority Date receipt in the mail.
Got the receipt today.

N-400 mailed to TSC: 3/20/07
N-400 received by TSC: 3/23/07
PD: 3/23/07
ND: 4/2/07
Receipt Received in mail: 4/7/07
FP Notice: Next stop....

Got the receipt today.

N-400 mailed to TSC: 3/20/07
N-400 received by TSC: 3/23/07
PD: 3/23/07
ND: 4/2/07
Receipt Received in mail: 4/7/07
FP Notice: Next stop....

Good news! I am out of town, hopefully the NOA is sitting in the mail box when I get home.

For future reference, if anyone sends in money order to INS, pls keep the receipt of the money order, there's a toll free number on the receipt which you can utilize by calling that number and follow the steps, you will get the information as if that money order is cashed or not.

Looks like our timelines are quite close, pls keep posting on this website if there's any update. Thanks and very good luck to us.

I am done...I am a American Citizen now!!

Hi guys,

Sorry for the delay in posting my interview experience(if any of you have been waiting for it ;) ).

Anyway, my husband and I had our interview appointments on 4th Apr(wednesday) at 9:45am and 10:45am respectively. We reached the center at about 8.55am and decided to try going in(even though we were not sure if they would let us in since my appointment is not till 10:45. But the security guard was pretty nice and she said we could go in whenever we want as long as we have the appointment letter :confused: ). So we went in and checked at the counter by 9:05am and took a seat to wait.

After about 5mins, a lady came and called my name(I thought she came to kick me out because I came in too early). She asked me follow her and took me to her office and said she is the officer who will be interviewing me(you guys must have guessed how surprised I was).

She was pretty nice and very professional. She quickly went through my application and asked me questions from it. Then, she asked me to write a sentence and read a sentence(pretty basic). After that, she asked 6 civics questions. I answered all of them correct. She asked me if I want to take the Oath today and ofcourse, you know what my answer would have been. All of this took just 10 mins. She said I will be taking 10:30 oath and asked me to wait. :D

Surprisingly, my husband was not called in to the interview till about 10:20(his appointment was at 9:45 :rolleyes: ). He also passed his interview in flying colors. But he was asked to take 2pm oath(even though, the 10:30 oath did not start by then).

Anyway, I took my oath in the morning and my husband took it in the afternoon. The oath did not start till about 11:30. It was about 45min ceremony. I am sure, by now, all you guys know what happens in the oath ceremony. So, I will not bore you anymore with that.

In essence, both my husband and I are the citizens of the US(it sure feels good to say that :D ). We did go to the post office the same day and applied for the passport.

One thing I want to add..I am so glad to be in Atlanta, as the process here seems to be going with rocket speed.

So all you guys waiting, just hang in there and it will be over before you know it. Good luck to you all.

Thanks to all of you for your valuable information on the forum.

SP

04/04/07: Interview/Oath :D

spgamer

Congrats. Happy to know that atlanta DO is working so smoothly. We have applied for N 600 for our daughter. Hope that process moves as smoothly as the rest does.

nss
--------------
Atlanta DO:

01/04/2007 - PD
02/01/2007 - FP
03/13/2007 - Int & oath
03/24/2007 - PP applied
04/05/2007 - Passports received

------------ N 600 ----
03/30/2007 - Applied
04/04/2007 - Recd ack - a standard letter

Good news! I am out of town, hopefully the NOA is sitting in the mail box when I get home.

For future reference, if anyone sends in money order to INS, pls keep the receipt of the money order, there's a toll free number on the receipt which you can utilize by calling that number and follow the steps, you will get the information as if that money order is cashed or not.

Looks like our timelines are quite close, pls keep posting on this website if there's any update. Thanks and very good luck to us.

I came home today and found the notice of action letter sitting in my mail box waiting patiently. :) Here's my udpate of my timeline so far:

Mailed in application to TSC on March 20, 2007;
Received by TSC on March 23, 2007;
Notice date: March 30, 2007;
Received the NOA on April 6, 2007;
FP: pending
Interview and oath: pending.

Hi guys,

Sorry for the delay in posting my interview experience(if any of you have been waiting for it ;) ).

Anyway, my husband and I had our interview appointments on 4th Apr(wednesday) at 9:45am and 10:45am respectively. We reached the center at about 8.55am and decided to try going in(even though we were not sure if they would let us in since my appointment is not till 10:45. But the security guard was pretty nice and she said we could go in whenever we want as long as we have the appointment letter :confused: ). So we went in and checked at the counter by 9:05am and took a seat to wait.

After about 5mins, a lady came and called my name(I thought she came to kick me out because I came in too early). She asked me follow her and took me to her office and said she is the officer who will be interviewing me(you guys must have guessed how surprised I was).

She was pretty nice and very professional. She quickly went through my application and asked me questions from it. Then, she asked me to write a sentence and read a sentence(pretty basic). After that, she asked 6 civics questions. I answered all of them correct. She asked me if I want to take the Oath today and ofcourse, you know what my answer would have been. All of this took just 10 mins. She said I will be taking 10:30 oath and asked me to wait. :D

Surprisingly, my husband was not called in to the interview till about 10:20(his appointment was at 9:45 :rolleyes: ). He also passed his interview in flying colors. But he was asked to take 2pm oath(even though, the 10:30 oath did not start by then).

Anyway, I took my oath in the morning and my husband took it in the afternoon. The oath did not start till about 11:30. It was about 45min ceremony. I am sure, by now, all you guys know what happens in the oath ceremony. So, I will not bore you anymore with that.

In essence, both my husband and I are the citizens of the US(it sure feels good to say that :D ). We did go to the post office the same day and applied for the passport.

One thing I want to add..I am so glad to be in Atlanta, as the process here seems to be going with rocket speed.

So all you guys waiting, just hang in there and it will be over before you know it. Good luck to you all.

Thanks to all of you for your valuable information on the forum.

SP

04/04/07: Interview/Oath :D
Could you mention what were the questions asked specific to the N-400 application? Anything regarding travel (most likely?) and employment?

N400 timeline help

can anyone offer advice ?

Atlanta DO

mailed N400 app Jan 2007
Feb 1, 2007 - priority date
FP - March 3, 2007

April 9, 2007 - heard nothing since.........?????

reading the threads on this board - most folks are receiving their interview letter in two weeks after their fingerprinting in Atlanta

can anyone give me advice or suggestions on what I can do to find out what's going on - or why I have not received a reply

any help would be very much appreciated

thanks
Mark