Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

karen kazandjian gives expert advice on how to stage your house on a budget and sell it faster, especially in a tough real estate market.

My wife received her oath letter on Tuesday (For Jan 7th , 2011), I am still waiting.... I don't understand why she got it and mine is pending even though we had interview on same day at same time.

I received a letter from USCIS with the following message:

"The status of this service request is:

Upon review of our computer systems, it has been determined that your case is pending for an Oath. A notice will be mailed when an Oath ceremony has been scheduled. Follow any instructions on that notice."

Last edited by a moderator:
Please provide explanation of the following question of N400 Form.
D. 16. Have you ever been arrested, cited or detained by any law enforcement officer (including USCIS or former INS and military officers) for any reason? YES/NO

I have never been arrested or given ticket but was warned and was provided a 'warning' by a State Trooper once. Does that mean this was a citation? and answer is YES.

My friend got two speeding tickets and took defensive driving course and cases were dismissed on both occasions. Does that mean he has to answer YES or NO?

Thank you.

Any September applicant received an interview date?

Hi guys,
I sent in my application in mid September and up until biometric appointment, everything went super fast (completed in about 3 weeks).

Then, nothing! It's been more than 2 months since I completed my biometrics and I haven't received anything in the mail or via e-mail from USCIS.

I see that some Oct / Nov applicants already received their YL. I understand not everyone receives a YL, but I have to admit, I feel very anxious/concerned.

Should I contact USCIS to check up on my status?

I sent mine in October, got Yellow Letter one month after the completing the Biometrics and no email or mail after that. Forum stats indicated IL will be received approximately 2 weeks after receiving the YL but no luck for me yet.

Hi guys,
I sent in my application in mid September and up until biometric appointment, everything went super fast (completed in about 3 weeks).

Then, nothing! It's been more than 2 months since I completed my biometrics and I haven't received anything in the mail or via e-mail from USCIS.

I see that some Oct / Nov applicants already received their YL. I understand not everyone receives a YL, but I have to admit, I feel very anxious/concerned.

Should I contact USCIS to check up on my status?

Marissa, my sympathies. According to my analysis of forum reports (and it would be nice if more people - including you - supplied exact dates), the average time from Priority Date to Interview Date for August Atlanta filers was about 110 days. However, earlier in the year, processing times were longer (I filed in April, and Atlanta April filers were encountering PD to ID of 120 days and more -- 159 days in one case). Evidently, case timelines do vary over time. Based on the July/August examples we have, if your PD is September 20 (a guess), you might reasonably have expected an interview date around January 8. Obviously, it's not going to be that soon. I think you should expect an interview letter within the next month. Don't worry about the YL. As you know, not everyone receives one. Good luck!

Spouse received YL today:

DO: Atlanta
2010/11/05: RD, PD
2010/11/08: ND, check cashed
2010/11/22: FP notice rec'd
2010/11/30: FP sched and done
2011/01/03: YL rec'd

I got the oath letter today

08/18/2010: PD
08/26/2010: FP Letter (received 08/30/2010)
09/10/2010: FP Scheduled
10/20/2010: Yellow Letter (received 10/28/2010)
10/29/2010: Transfer to local office
11/01/2010: Interview Letter (received 11/06/2010)
12/07/2010: Interview Scheduled (Passed)
12/28/2010: Oath Letter (received 01/03/2011)
01/27/2011: Oath Ceremony

Received oath letter...

At last I received my oath letter for 1/27. I took infopass and talked to IO, she told me that I can try to get oath with my wife. I am going to try that.

08/06/2010 - PD
08/31/2010 - FP schduled
11/16/2010 - Interview (Passed)
1/27/2011 - Oath Ceremony:)

Hello Fellows,

I also received my Oath letter for Jan 27. I will see you GApeach and Centella there. Wondering if someone know Passport Agency/Office where we can obtain same day passport.

Regards

N400 October Filers from DO- Atlanta

Did any of the N400 October filers from DO - Atlanta received the Interview Letter? Please post your dates.

I got the Yellow Letter on 12/10 and no news after that. Since filers from other DOs are getting interview letters am anxious to find out what is going on.

I would truly appreciate your responses....

Did any of the N400 October filers from DO - Atlanta received the Interview Letter? Please post your dates.

I got the Yellow Letter on 12/10 and no news after that. Since filers from other DOs are getting interview letters am anxious to find out what is going on.

I would truly appreciate your responses....

What's going on is that length of time from filing to interview varies a lot, depending on which DO you're at. Some DOs are much quicker than others. This is just the way it is.

If your waiting time seems a lot different from other Atlanta filers, then it would make sense to be concerned. Otherwise, all you can do is try to be patient.

Thanks anxiouscdn2, that makes sense. I was under the impression that the interview scheduling is done in the DO and prior to that we will notified that case has been transferred to the local office.

Since I have not received any email or mail about transfer to local office was anxious about it.

What's going on is that length of time from filing to interview varies a lot, depending on which DO you're at. Some DOs are much quicker than others. This is just the way it is.

If your waiting time seems a lot different from other Atlanta filers, then it would make sense to be concerned. Otherwise, all you can do is try to be patient.

I get it, you have been assuming that the national center processes all applications in order received up to and including the point of "transfer to local office" and then the DO-dependent delays occur after that point in the process. That's a logical theory, but based on observation of peoples' timelines last year, I would say it's clearly not exactly how things work. The longest waiting time for most people at most DOs, seems to be between fingerprinting and notification of "transfer to local office". The time between those two events is very variable and experience seems to indicate that it depends on DO. Maybe the electronic status change doesn't occur until the DO is actually getting ready to schedule your interview. This is just speculation, but anyway, be assured that the fact that people at other DOs are getting "transferred to local office" does not mean that your application is delayed. Stick with comparing your timeline with other Atlanta filers' timelines only.

Thanks anxiouscdn2.

I get it, you have been assuming that the national center processes all applications in order received up to and including the point of "transfer to local office" and then the DO-dependent delays occur after that point in the process. That's a logical theory, but based on observation of peoples' timelines last year, I would say it's clearly not exactly how things work. The longest waiting time for most people at most DOs, seems to be between fingerprinting and notification of "transfer to local office". The time between those two events is very variable and experience seems to indicate that it depends on DO. Maybe the electronic status change doesn't occur until the DO is actually getting ready to schedule your interview. This is just speculation, but anyway, be assured that the fact that people at other DOs are getting "transferred to local office" does not mean that your application is delayed. Stick with comparing your timeline with other Atlanta filers' timelines only.

Sorry guys I am late

Journey is over...
I went with my wife on Jan 7th at 8 AM, talked to supervisor about my oath date and requested him to get oath along with her. He said it is not possible in the morning and asked me to wait till ceremony is done. We (me and our kids) watched my wife's oath ceremony, it took only 30 minutes. After the ceremony I talked to supervisor and he asked me wait for another 30 minutes. To my surprise he came back in 10 minutes and took my oath letter , after veryfying my A# and case he asked me come at 1 PM for second ceremony. I was so relieved. Came back at 1 and saw totally different staff. This time it was a lady as supervisor and she completed the ceremony in 15 minutes ( it was so boring compared to morning session, that God she was not the supervisor in the morning, otherwise I would have kept quiet, she was very rude).

At last my journey is over, as of Jan 7th I am a US Citizen……..

I got my yellow letter on Dec 13(dated Dec 07) it’s close to a month nothing after that, is this a common procedure or should i contact Ins.

10/18/2010 - N-400 Mailed - LEWISVILLE
10/20/2010 received date
10/20/2010 priority date
10/25/2010 notice date
10/26/2010 - Check encashed
10/28/2010 FP letter rec'd
11/16/2010 FP scheduled
11/12/2010 Walk-in FP done
12/13/2010: Received YL

Atlanta appears to be relatively very slow after FP....
09/27/2010: N-400 Sent - Lewisville, TX (via Priority Mail, Delivery Confirmation)
09/30/2010: N-400 Recd. USPS Fwd. to Dallas,TX(Priority Date)
10/04/2010: Checks Cashed.
10/08/2010: NOA Received
10/12/2010: Rec. FP letter
10/22/2010: FP Scheduled (Atlanta, GA)
11/29/2010: YL Received (To bring DL)