At a time like this, it's best to have a realistic view on when things will improve.

Well said.

At last thanks for some wisdom around here.
Just to give you an example of how cynical and paranoid people can be,
The other day I was talking to some guy and he is saying he will never visit India on his AP cause he is worried they may not let him in.
Can you believe it ?

Cheers.

amrav said:
At last thanks for some wisdom around here.
Just to give you an example of how cynical and paranoid people can be,
The other day I was talking to some guy and he is saying he will never visit India on his AP cause he is worried they may not let him in.
Can you believe it ?
Cheers.

Not all worries are unwarranted. What if 485 is denied while you are out on AP?

You might say that a 485 denial is not common and they do not do it before issuing an RFE. Not really! There was one case I read on this forum where the finger prints never reached USCIS even though the applicant promptly gave them at an application support center. So USCIS went ahead and denied the case. In lot of other similar cases, the applicant(s) never even got a finger print notice and USCIS promptly denied their applications. There are cases when the applicant used AC21 to change job after 180 days of filing of 485 and USCIS denied the cases after the underlying 140 was revoked by the original employers.

Offlate some USCIS centers have been pre-adjucating 485 applications, meaning they are completing all processing that can be completed. They sit on the application only if things like NC, FP are pending or if a visa number is not available for that case. Such processing can lead to issuance of RFEs or who knows, may be even a denial.

The last couple of posts are probably the best summary of the uncertainities/caveats of this process. Even my stand till last year was to only travel on AP if its 'critical'. Not anymore! I've travelled twice this year on AP.
The bottomline is the lack of transparency with this process. Its certainly not a 'Right' and nobody would mind a long wait if only there was 'transperancy' and a rational structure around it. But the 'inefficiency' of the process has reached ridiculous levels and the approval process has become like a 'witchunt' where anybody can be asked for anything anytime!

Great thread. I love to read about all different views on GC.

1) I totally agree with Tachy and I think he is being targeted unfairly.
2) GC does make a lot of difference the way you work. It impacts where you live and how you travel.
3) It makes me angry and eventually frustrated to see lots of less qualified people earning more and living in decent area just because there are not born in india (mentioned india as my case is in EB 2 catagory)

My 2 cents.

somebody born in Brazil (for example) may get his GC in less time than somebody born in India because of Retro. But this does not mean that the former struggled any less than the latter in his/her life as a whole for this.
gondalguru said:
3) It makes me angry and eventually frustrated to see lots of less qualified people earning more and living in decent area just because there are not born in india (mentioned india as my case is in EB 2 catagory)

My 2 cents.

CatDog ... You are just trying to grab attention ... believe me ... your post make me laugh more than anything else ... I empathize with both of you (You and Techy) ... he is the victim of his own frustration and you are of your own and so is everyone ... but I have passed thruogh this stage already... I am more spiritual now and planning on doing a world tour in search of truth ... anyone wants to join me?

catdog said:
This guy is a load of crap, man !! Look at him moaning ...ooh ahh ooooo my GC... I want my GC ...... <SLAP> <SLAP> STOP CRYING NOW !!!

World tour in search of truth

LC_Ki_Kahaani said:
CatDog ... You are just trying to grab attention ... believe me ... your post make me laugh more than anything else ... I empathize with both of you (You and Techy) ... he is the victim of his own frustration and you are of your own and so is everyone ... but I have passed thruogh this stage already... I am more spiritual now and planning on doing a world tour in search of truth ... anyone wants to join me?

If you can bring smile in the face of your family/friends when they see you, then that is the truth (of your life). Good luck with your search. Let me know if you find it some where else. I would be more than happy to come and join u.

InLabor4TooLong said:
If you can bring smile in the face of your family/friends when they see you, then that is the truth (of your life). Good luck with your search. Let me know if you find it some where else. I would be more than happy to come and join u.

Let the Truth be told :)

I agree that we can be more tolerant...

...of people who "appear" to be most affected personally by this GC wait. While it is absolutely okay and even encouraged to a certain degree to vent one's frustrations and disappointments in these forums, we must be be cognizant of it's ramifications in the long run.

When most of us read the bad news on certain "fridays" or "mondays" when the infamous bulletins come out, we are upset and peeved, but usually we bounce back in a few days (regardless of how good or bad those news may be), and continue with our lives (or continue our search for truth, as the case may be :).

But when things that we "virtually" have no control over, the gross inefficiencies of USCIS/DOS that we cannot fix, start to overwhelm us (and unbeknownst to us affect our mental peace and stasis), then we must pause and take note. Granted, some are more melancholic than others and always need "some" worry in their lives to feel alive and okay. Add to that the element of confusion of what is right for us, what options to exercise etc, and it is easy to be bewildered. Personally, I try not to get affected by other's lamentations or unbridled enthusiams as in the end, my situation is unique and I must invest the time and effort to find my own solutions.

Posmd, I agree that as first-generation immigrants we are more driven to succeed and fix things we can. But sometimes there are things that are much bigger than us, and well beyond our realm of control. It is still okay to continue to try to change things, to fight for what is right (not just what is right for us), but it must be tempered with realism, especially when we "know" that we are dealing with one of Federal Government's most inept agencies.

LC_Ki_Kahaani said:

looking at your comment......you do need to go out and see the real world.........good luck

catdog....you dont even deserve a reply....

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just wondering how you guys come to terms when you find a co-worker, friend or just anyone on this forum who is in the same EB category as yours gets a GC in 1 year after using a Sub Labor (or by any means) while you are stuck up for ever.

I found myself in this situation atleast 4 times. 2 of those used Sub Labor. Another 2 were from CSC who got thru in 6 month a pilot program they had. One of these guys did not even work for 3 years of 6 years and somehow. Even though I was frustated, hope is one thing that lets me hang in.

By the way, lot of posts back, I told that CSC was screwing up lot of peoples life with their pilot program. I still believe it is CSC that is the primary cause of so much retrogression, they simply ate away all the numbers.

Outlook

GreenCardVirus said:
I was just wondering how you guys come to terms when you find a co-worker, friend or just anyone on this forum who is in the same EB category as yours gets a GC in 1 year after using a Sub Labor (or by any means) while you are stuck up for ever.

I found myself in this situation atleast 4 times. 2 of those used Sub Labor. Another 2 were from CSC who got thru in 6 month a pilot program they had. One of these guys did not even work for 3 years of 6 years and somehow. Even though I was frustated, hope is one thing that lets me hang in.

By the way, lot of posts back, I told that CSC was screwing up lot of peoples life with their pilot program. I still believe it is CSC that is the primary cause of so much retrogression, they simply ate away all the numbers.

GreenCardVirus,

I totally understand where you are coming from. Although I have not come across sub labors in my company, several people who applied along with me and had the exact same qualifications, EB category, country of origin and work experience got their GCs almost 2 years ago. Mine got transferred to the wrong office by mistake and it took a year to get it back on track. By the time it got back on track retro hit. So it was pure fate :)

As for CSC eating up the visa numbers. You are absolutely right. Although CSC was the biggest culprit of using up a disproportionate number of visa numbers, VSC went on an approval rampage as well. They started processing 485 within 3-6 months and people with recent PDs starting using up visa numbers that should have gone to older PDs. Filers in TSC and NSC were left holding the bag because these centers did not pick up the pace till it was to late and all the old PDs in these centers are now having to wait for years on end. It is pointless to analyze what happened in the past because it only leads more frustration.

regards,

saras