asylum pending

Hellow Hammu,
Do you have any update on your case. Did you ask them about your application status?
3 years is to long to wait. Are you thinking of suing the government.

Lets wait for thankful and see what he thinks about what you should do.

Hello all,

Can anyone tell me on what basis an Indian citizen can apply for asylum here in US? India being a democracy and all ... I thought political asylum is ruled out for Indian citizens.

hammu, sorry for the intrusion but can you share on what basis you filed the asylum here? I am trying to help a friend of mine ... i appreciate your answer.

Thanks

Well... don't apply for asylum if you don't have a real reason
I guess I am asking what reason(s) are valid for Indian citizens ... just looking for examples so that I can help a friend of mine ... Thanks for replies.

just looking for examples so that I can help a friend of mine ...

Yeah, that's what I'm saying... if you "or your friend" don't have real reasons then don't apply, I guess this way you will not take someone else place who really need the asylum.

If you have "valid" asylum reason, then you can share it with us here "on a new thread", we can discuss it, wouldn't it be easier than to ask for all available valid reasons?

We have been waiting for asylum decision after interview done in 2003 since then we tried to write letters and our attorney wrote so many letters but we have not received any response so far, can someone please help how to expedite this asylum decison 6 + year is long time to wait, Does anyone have any sample letter to Senator/President/First Lady.

Really appreciate your kind help.

For my case, I ran out of patience and decided to go in person to talk to them. It turned out that the officer did not receive the documents that he asked me to send. I thank God that I decided to go by myself to follow up. If I had not gone to the office to follow up, I would not have known that the officer did not receive the documents.

I recommend that you go to the office in person to follow up. Each office has one day a week dedicated for answering questions about pending cases.

yes went there and wrote letters as well, our last visit was last week and the lady at the reception took all the details and told officer will be informed about this. I have also approached senator and waiting for the reply

What day did you go?
As I said, each office has a dedicated day for answering questions. Go to the office on that day. Don't go on regular day.
All officers don't have any interview on that day and will be available to talk to you if necessary. The receptionist will call the officer/supervisor to ask him/her about your case because the officer will be available in his office. Don't go during lunch hour. Go there at least twice a month. Don't rely on your attorney. If you talk to the officer, ask him/her why it is still pending and why it is still under review. They are so nice. Don't be afraid

Keep praying and cast your cares on the lord and he will sustain you and he will never let righteous fall.

God bless you.

My sister did her asylum interveiw a year ago and so far we haven't heard anything from USCIS.

We wrote them a letter, didn't get any response. We went to their office, and we were told that they are doing some kind of name check.

Don't you guys think a year is a long time to wait for an asylum decision?
Any suggestion is appreciated.

My sister did her asylum interveiw a year ago and so far we haven't heard anything from USCIS.

We wrote them a letter, didn't get any response. We went to their office, and we were told that they are doing some kind of name check.

Don't you guys think a year is a long time to wait for an asylum decision?
Any suggestion is appreciated.

Well, it sounds that your sister is in the process of getting approved. They were not going to waste their time doing name check if they wanted to reject the application.

Thanks for the information, Went there on a friday , This is the day for SFO office as I checked 2 days before and they asked us to come on friday for the inquiry and we still got the same answer from that they will let the officer know about it

Thanks for the information, Went there on a friday , This is the day for SFO office as I checked 2 days before and they asked us to come on friday for the inquiry and we still got the same answer from that they will let the officer know about it

Ok, go again next Friday and ask again. It depends on the mood of the receptionist. If he/she is in a good mood, he/she will go to the supervisor/officer office to get a detailed answer for you on the same day. Pray before you go and I will pray for you.

By the way, from Tuesday until next Friday, they might call you. Make sure you pick up all phone calls.

God bless you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone, I asked this question earlier too. When you go to the asylum office for enquiry, do they ask you any question regarding your case, i mean like interview. And what papers i have to take there with me.

Hi everyone, I asked this question earlier too. When you go to the asylum office for enquiry, do they ask you any question regarding your case, i mean like interview. And what papers i have to take there with me.

I went there twice after the inteview. They aked me for my A#,name, address,etc. You also have to show them an ID.
When go there, the receptionist will look up your case on the computer and will give you a basic info about your case because she/he doesn't have access to see everything. She/he will have to call the officer that interviewed you to get more detailed answer for you.
Don't go on a regular day. You have to go on the day that is dedicated for inquiries questions.

Asylum

Hi Hammu,

I am so sorry for this delay, but I would like to know if you get Social Security Number (you got hte EAD). Thank you so much for your answer in advance.

Good luck,
Norb

Hi Norb,
yes i do get my ead card and ssn after three months of my decision. after that they are renewing it every year but no decision made yet. my lawyer is making enquiries every months even i have made several enquiries in asylum office, wrote a letter to the senatar but no response. only one time they replied to my lawyer saying that they are still reviewing my case they will notify us after a decision is made its been six months no response. god knows what are they doing.