Asylum INTERVIEW

gaby27

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
HI, CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW IS THE INTERVIEW FOR POLITICAL ASYLUM???
DO THEY ASK TRICK QUESTIONS?
PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP ME???
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

interview questions

usually the officer will ask you questions around stories that you wrote in your essay when you submitted your asylum application...sometimes he/she will spend up to 2 hours asking questions to see the consistency of your stories....i would suggest you study your essay thoroughly....

As far I remember......................

Well, for my it was a long time ago, but normally the IO will ask you for your ID, passport. IO will have on his/her desk all the package that you sent before; at this time you are allow to add any information that you consider might be relevant on your case. Then after this part is done IO starts asking you questions about your case, like dates, names , cities, organizations, etc....most of lawyers advise to answer only what they are asking, not to use many words...................just go to the point. Also of course go well dressed and bring all the papers that you think might need. In my case i did not use a lawyer but interpeter to help me out with some important questions and answers, i did prepare my case by mysefl with all the information gattered from internet and friends; but if you are able my advice is to hire a lawyer to go for sure. At the time we finished the interview (30 minutes) she told us that "our response will be mailed as soonest she goes over the results and get reviewed also by the asylum office director" that took for my only 2 months.
I hope this info helps a bit.
Just remember that even if you have a strong case, at this moment those interviews are far more strict than 4 years ago, get well prepare, study all the dates and critical information in your initial application, try to be calm and go for it!
You should be o.k.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
honestly

it all depends
in my case no questions... just one "tell me about your story"... my interview was 1 hour 20 minutes... at NJ
so imho u can never predict how it will go...
best of luck to you

Pretty much an IO can ask anything he or she wants; even the most unexpected question. But the only way you can prepare to the interview is to know your case.

I got asylum, what is next stop?

Please, help me, I just got my sylum, what shoul I asked next? SSN? What else? How can I get money? How much? etc.

Thank you.

I just got my asylum. What is next stop?

Could you help me, what shoukl I do next? whish documnts? When can I ask money? How much? etc

Thank you.

you dont need a welfare from USA

Could you help me, what shoukl I do next? whish documnts? When can I ask money? How much? etc

Thank you.

you just got asylim from USA, i dont understand why you need a welfare,

you are not child or disabled old man, dont be lazy,

start look for a job, government entitelment is not going to make you rich,

good luck to you

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:[/QUOT

One secret:Memorize your story( Events+ dates). First,he/she will read info about you in your application( names,date of birth....)then ask you to make any correction if applicable.second,he/she will ask you if applicable to add any missing information on your story.Third,he/she will ask you to tell him/her about your story.Everything you will be saying must match to what you wrote in your application.After this he/she will ask you some questions related to your story.The well you speak,the less you will be questioned.

Don't get nervous.Control yourself.Be concentrated.Remember everything you said,cause he/she can ask you the same question twice after another one.Dont laugh any time he/she talks about funny stories

Good luck

Asylum application :July 2000
Asylum approval :Aug 2000
GC application :Aug 2001
GC approval :Sep 2005
Citizenship application :June 2009

Dont laugh any time he/she talks about funny stories...

wow... they tell funny stories??? O_O

Please, help me, I just got my sylum, what shoul I asked next? SSN? What else? How can I get money? How much? etc.

Thank you.

Mr/s. Asylumseeker: I don’t know really know the current payment, but the last time it was $349 per person in my state. Each state is different. I have provided you with a link to the governmental department that you will need to deal with. Navigate their website and learn about it. You can file you application online, find your local office online. The link is here... https://fortress.wa.gov/dshs/f2ws03esaapps/onlinecso/applying.asp? Once you provide them all the information that you need they will tell you how much you will get and for how long. Some times it is 8 months or 12 months… Also you are eligible for other benefits like training and job placement assistance. It is really good place to start. As other friends suggested do not shy away for applying the benefits you need. Depending on the state and city you live in they will open to you other avenues and opportunities. Free training, free job placement…some employers work with them and they will hire you if they refer you to them…and the government makes some deals with those employers. So if you have recently received asylum I will definitely advise you to work with the department of social and health service in your state. They are good source for you to catch up…they are there for a reason and for you…Also if you are coming from certain countries, who are eligible for refugee program don’t forget to file for your relatives, brothers, sisters under 21 and your father and your mother…there time limitation on this…there some asylees that wait too long that they are disqualify themselves for the benefits of bringing their families…this benefit depends on the country you are coming from…good luck with your new status...numerous benefits and responsibilities come with it, so act accordingly…

hi everybody ,

I' ve done with my interview but the officer asked me to send to him all original documents that i have .he gave me 10 days to send all them . what does it mean ? is it good thing or he wanted to deny my case ? please do you have any same experiences ?
thanks

The answers you've been given are enough. But the ultimate one is KNOW YOUR STORY, DATES, EVENTS, AND DESCRIBE EACH EVENT AS IT HAPPENED. IF YOU WERE BEATEN, SAY WHAT THEY USED TO BEAT YOU AND DESCRIBE IT FOR THE OFFICER TO SEE YOU SEEING THAT MOMENT IN YOUR MIND. If your case is complicated like mine, be aware that the officer might ask you one question over and over again only phrasing it differently, so watch out, that is the only tricky part there can be.

Hi!

hi friends!

I will have my interview soon. I have a request from you. Would you please write about your interview experience. I don't know how it will go. I am little worried.

Thank you so much!

hi friends!

I will have my interview soon. I have a request from you. Would you please write about your interview experience. I don't know how it will go. I am little worried.

Every interview is unique in nature. You will be asked questions and answer them to the best of your ability truthfully.

Thank you so much!

Every interview is unique in nature. You will be asked questions and answer them to the best of your ability truthfully.

hi friends!

Thank you so much!

the most important to say truth and to be confident in your answers.
before interview review all dates and other important details mentioned in your affidavit. AO pays attention to details coz only person who was under persecution knows all details.